Impact on Bangladesh of Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan:
For the destruction of Japan’s economy Bangladesh also faced some problems. Japan-Bangladesh both have a friendly relation. Now the impact on Bangladesh is described bellow-
- By the earthquake and Tsunami Bangladesh wanted to displace its embassy from Tokyo to Hiroshima or Nagasaki. For this reason Japanese felt anxiety and expressed regret on Bangladesh government.
- Japan gives help large amount of money and donation to Bangladesh for the development activities. Japan promised to donate money to Bangladesh for the construction of PadmaBridge which will be delayed or cancelled.
- Japan gives loan and donation to Bangladesh in food and garments product which is stopped now and that is hampered Bangladesh economy.
- Bangladesh-Japan main relation is export and import products. Its created a friendly relation between them. But now for the destruction of Japan by earthquake and Tsunami this export and import is stopped. So Bangladesh is temporarily lost a big facility.
- Japan market is one of the good sector for Bangladesh economy which helps Bangladesh for economic growth.
- Many Bangladeshi labor are worked in Japan and Bangladesh gets a healthy amount of foreign currency. But by this time it is become small amount for earthquake and Tsunami in Japan.
Cellular and landline phone service suffered major disruptions in the affected area. On the day of the quake, American broadcaster NPR was unable to reach anyone in Sendai with working phone or Internet. Internet services were largely unaffected in areas where basic infrastructure remained, despite the earthquake having damaged portions of several undersea cable systems landing in the affected regions; these systems were able to reroute around affected segments onto redundant links. Within Japan, only a few websites were initially unreachable.
The earthquake in Japan 2011 at a glance :
Date 14:46:23, 11 March 2001
Duration 6 minutes
Magnitude 9.0 Mw
Depth 32 km
Location 38.3220N 142.3690E
Type Mega thrust earthquake
Regional affected Pacific Rim
Total damage Tsunami wave, flooding, landslides, fires, building and infrastructure damage, nuclear incidents including radiation releases
Peak ground 2.99g
Tsunami Yes (10+ meters)
Foreshocks 7+ (4+ above 6.0 Mw)
Aftershocks 1021+ (63+ above 6.0 Mw)