Cash department is an important department of any bank. Cash amount is the main source of all banking activities. For that every day bank has to remain certain amount in cash in accordance with the rules and regulations of Bangladesh Bank. Cash section is a very sensitive organ of the branch and handle with extra care.
Functions of Cash Section
The cash department mainly performs the following functions:
• Cash Receipt
• Cash Payment.
Procedures of Cash Receive
- Credit voucher in by the customer.
- Cash receiving officer will check the title number, A/c number and amount in figure and words in he deposit slip of credit voucher.
- After receiving the cash, receiving officer will record the denomination of the currency on the back of the voucher and enters the part5culars or voucher in the cash receiving book under progressive serial number. He will put his signature with the date stamp both in the counter foil and deposit slip/voucher and pass the same along with the register to the officer in charge of cash department for his signature.
- Again it will be checked and signed by tic authorized officer.
- Receiving officer total the amount entered in the cash receiving book at the close of banking hours.
Procedures of Cash Payment
- Instrument is checked by the cash in-charge whether the A/C name. A/C number and the amount in written in words and figures are correct.
- The officer in-charge also checks the instrument and signed in it.
- The particulars of the instrument are checked in the computer:
- In case of any error, another s will be needed;
- The payment is made if there is available amount in the account;
- Paid instruments are kept by the officer.
- This department is also made payment against various debit vouchers for various miscellaneous expenses of the branch.
Related Accounting Paper:
Popular Accounting Paper:
Abstract Cost and Management Accounting practice helps an organization to survive in the competitive, ever-changing world, because it provides an important competitive advantage for an organization that guides managerial action, motivates behaviors, supports and creates the cultural values necess.....
The Recording Process are entering transactions in the general journal and posting them to the correct general ledger accounts is time consuming. In the general journal, a simple transaction requires three lines—two to list the accounts and one to describe the transaction. The transaction must .....
Introduction Various approaches have applied over time to the formulation of an accounting formulation theory. Some of these approaches are known as “traditional” approaches, because they are characterized by the absence of a vigorous process of verification in the attempt to develop an accou.....
The project deals in “account receivable management at Tata Steel”. Account receivable management is one of the most important aspects of an organization, as it deals with the management of the outstanding. The profit of the company mainly depends on the accounts receivables. This report brie.....
1.1 Introduction: The internship program of BBA students of Department of Marketing, Institute of Business Studies, DarulIhsanUniversity, is an imputing part of the BBA program, 3 credit hours are for this internship program, out of 135 credit hours of the program. The program is for 3 m.....