It is a broadly described annual report of Bangladesh Lamps Limited in the year of 2013. During the year 2013 gross profit on sales increased from 21.65% in 2012 to 23.66%, due to better price negotiation with the suppliers resulting in a reduction of raw material price and the decline in exchange rate compared to 2012. The sales for the year amounted to Taka. 1031.61 million as compared to Taka. 953.53 million in 2012. Due to fall in targeted sales during the 2nd half of the year arising from countrywide political turmoil, profit growth could not be sustained. The net loss for 2013 stood at Tk. 10.82 million as against Tk. 49.80 million during the same period in 2012. A total number of shareholders of the Company at 31st December 2013 was 3.817 as against 3.213 in the previous year. The price index of shares on that date stood at Tk. 125.90 per share at the Dhaka Stock Exchange and Tk.128 00 per share at the Chittagong Stock Exchange.
This year, the Company did not make the profit. In spite of the fact, the Board recommends payment of dividend @Tk.2.00 per share of Tk. 10.00 each (i.e. © 20%) for the year 2013. These financial statements are presented in Bangladesh Taka (Taka/Tk/BDT) unless otherwise stated, which is the Company’s functional currency.
More Annual Report of Bangladesh Lamps Limited:
- Annual Report 2008 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2009 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2010 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2011 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2012 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2013 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2014 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2015 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited