It is a broadly described annual report of United Power Generation & Distribution Company Limited in the year of 2014. This year the company’s contribution to the National Exchequer was Taka. 47.48 Million in 2014. UPGDCL has earned revenue from Tk. 4,463.32 Million in 2014, which is a notable 31.43% more than the revenue earned in 2013. In 2014, the company’s Operating Profit amounted to Tk. 2,821.03 Million, 33.38% more compared to 2013. The Earnings Per Share (EPS) also increased by 38.8% in 2014. Cost of Sales increased by 52.38% to Taka. 1582.64 million in 2014 from Taka. 1038.63 million in 2013. During the year 2014, the company exported 879.797 million units (kWh) as compared to 624.317 million units (kWh) in 2013, representing an overall growth of 41% in export. The average capacity utilization of both the plants is 70%.
The Board recommends a cash dividend of 30% (i.e. Taka 3.00 per share of Taka 10.00 each) and the stock dividend of 10% (i.e. 1 bonus share for every 10 shares) for the year 2014, subject to approval by the shareholders at the Annual General Meeting. These financial statements are presented in Bangladesh Taka (Taka/Tk/BDT) which is both functional currency and presentation currency of the Company.
More Annual Report of United Power Generation & Distribution Company Limited:
- Annual Report 2013 of United Power Generation and Distribution Company Limited
- Annual Report 2014 of United Power Generation and Distribution Company Limited
- Annual Report 2016 of United Power Generation and Distribution Company Limited
- Annual Report 2017 of United Power Generation and Distribution Company Limited
- Annual Report 2016-2017 of Oil India Limited
- A Report on Banking System of Mercantile Bank Ltd.
- Annual Report 2010 of Northern Jute Manufacturing Company Limited
- Define and Discuss on Penny Stock Investments
- Annual Report 2016-2017 of Aditya Birla Finance Limited (Aditya Birla Group)
- Annual Report 2016 of Premier Cement Mills Limited