It is a broadly described annual report of United Insurance Company Limited in the year of 2014. In 2014, The Company earned a premium income of slightly over Tk. 308.51 million against Tk. 264.27 million in 2013, resulting in a growth of around 16.74%. The premium received by the company from the public sector business decreased to Tk. 36 million from Tk. 44 million in 2013. The total gross premium income, stood at Tk. 345.28 million against Tk. 307.08 million in 2013, showing an overall growth of 12.43%. While underwriting profit derived from only insurance business of the Company rose from Tk. 34.82 million in 2013 to Tk. 40.71 million in 2014, the income from investment due to low-interest rate decreased to Tk. 49.39 in 2014 from Tk. 51.78 million in 2013.
From the divisible profit of 2014, the Board of Directors recommended a cash dividend of @10% against @10% cash dividend in 2013. These financial statements are presented in Bangladesh Taka (Taka/Tk/BDT) which is the company’s functional currency. All financial information presented in Taka has been rounded off to the nearest Taka.
More Annual Report of United Insurance Company Limited:
- Annual Report 2011 of United Insurance Company Limited
- Annual Report 2012 of United Insurance Company Limited
- Annual Report 2013 of United Insurance Company Limited
- Annual Report 2014 of United Insurance Company Limited
- Annual Report 2015 of United Insurance Company Limited
- Annual Report 2016 of United Insurance Company Limited