Definition and Meaning of Insurance
Several insurances provide comprehensive coverage with affordable premiums. Premiums are periodical payment and different insurers offer diverse premium options.The periodical insurance premiums are calculated according to the total insurance amount.
Mainly insurance is used as an effective tool of risk management as quantified risks of different volumes can be insured.
Types of Insurance:
Major types of insurances are as mentioned below:
- Life insurance: Descendent’s family receives financial benefits. Life insurances also offer paid proceeds to the beneficiary.
- Automobile insurance: Usually automobile insurances cover damages and legal financial expenditures of the automobile driver.
- Health insurance: Health insurance cover the expenditures associated to treatment and medical expenditures.
- Credit insurance: Borrowers often fail to repay debts,loans and mortgages due to certain unavoidable circumstances,credit insurances can be of great help during such crisis.
- Property insurance: Property protection insurance provide protection from risks associated to theft,fire,floods etc.
This type of insurance can be further classified into specialized forms as follows:
- Fire insurance
- Earthquake insurance
- Flood insurance
- Home insurance
- Boiler insurance
At present insurance market is much vibrant than before and this has an impact on the rates of different insurance premiums.
Types of Insurance Companies:
Insurance companies can be categorized into two main divisions which are as follows:
- General Insurance Companies: They provide all types of insurance apart from life insurance.
- Life Insurance Companies: The companies, dealing with life insurance, pension products and annuities are life insurance companies.
Insurance companies are usually identified as stock companies. Insurance is a device for indemnifying an individual against loss and in the recent past due to natural calamities, few insurance companies have suffered financial setback. Premiums of few insurances have suddenly gone uphill as plenty of insurance providers have become insolvent. While selecting an insurance company, financial strength of the company must be considered as viability of the insurance provider is extremely crucial.
Related Finance Paper:
Popular Finance Paper:
A ratio is a way of comparing two or more quantities. Analyzing any company’s current ration,quick ratio,Debt-Equity ratio,Gross Margin percentage, Net Profit Margin,Operating Profit Margin, Depreciation Expense to Operating expense ration,Inventory Turnover, Times Interest Earned is Ration ana.....
1.1 Introduction: Bank is the important financial institution in the economy. The economic development of a country depends on the development of banking sector. Today’s modern banks are not only providing traditional banking services but also expanding many financial services. Foreign Exchange.....
Capital market is a market for securities (debt or equity), where business enterprises (companies) and governments can raise long-term funds. It is defined as a market in which money is provided for periods longer than a year, as the raising of short-term funds takes place on other markets (e.g.,.....
About Arong Today, few urban consumers will argue that Aarong is the local Mecca for deshi handicraft. Aarong’s product designs has brought consumer attention back to the products and styles that are indigenous to Bangladesh, its designers blending the traditional with the contemporary in a man.....
Executive Summary Banking is the backbone of national economy. It is a powerful medium to bring socio economic changes in a developing country like Bangladesh. As a part of its activity the banks provide short, medium and long term credits. It has to complete it’s screening process to offer cre.....