The main objective of this report is to get clear knowledge about the credit card and credit division business of National Bank Limited. Other objectives are to evaluate the performance of the bank and observe the working environment in commercial banks. Report also discuss to study existing banker-customer relationship and the overall functioning of National Bank Limited.
Private commercial Banks brought a revolution in banking sector or Bangladesh. The private quire different services than nationalized commercial Banks. First generation private commercial banks (National Bank Ltd, Islami Bank Ltd, IFIC Bank Ltd etc) in Bangladesh got quick responses from deposits and borrowers. Among those banks National bank Ltd. crated different image to the public through its innovation products and services. National Bank Ltd. has a long and proud heritage. Bangladeshi entrepreneurs established it in Bangladesh in 1983 as the first private sector bank fully owned. The members of the board of directors are reputed business personalities and leading industrialist of the country. With their continues support and patronage, the bank extended and diversified its activities to include a full range of commercial banking and exchange houses abroad. Now a days commercial banks specially the nationalize commercial banks in our country are to make loans under different schemes ZIZ. Agricultural Loan under self-employment schemes. Depending upon the purpose loan may be repayable within a few months or the repayment period may extend up to a few years. Agricultural loans are general repayable within a period of 3 (three) months to 1 (one) year. But repayment of transport loans & House building loan any take longer period comprising a number of years. Loan are generally secured by lien on fixed /term deposits shares Debentures Praribarik Sanchoya Patra Insurance Policy Pledge of gold mortgage of real estates and hypothetical of crops Vehicles machinery etc depending upon the nature & purpose of the loan.
Deregulation of interest rates, raising competition from bank and non-bank competitors and continuing development of innovative ways to provide financial services are all contributing to a growing interest in evaluating bank performance. Various groups of individuals are particularly interested in evaluating bank performance.
First, bank shareholders are directly affected by bank performance. Investors take advantage of bank information to develop expectations concerning future performance that can be used to price common shares appropriately.
Second, bank management traditionally is evaluated on the basis of how well the bank performs relative to previous years and compared with similar banks. Hence, employees’ salaries and promotions are frequently tied to the performance of the banks. Bankers also need to be informed the condition of other banks with which they have dealings.
Third, regulators concerned about the safety and soundness of the banking system and the preservation of public confidence, monitor banks using on-site examinations and computer oriented “ early warning systems” to keep track on bank performance.
Fourth, depositors may be interested in how well the bank is doing, especially if they hold deposits in excess of the insured amount and must depend on the bank’s funds for their continued operations.
Fifth and last, the business community and public should be concerned about their bank’s performance to the extent that their economic prosperity is linked to the success or failure of their bank.
Six Year’s Performance at a Glance
|(Taka in Million)|
|Book Value Per Share||36.74||365.52||378.59||395.31||360.68||441.36|
|Market Value Per Share||212.00||287.28||238.86||226.61||475.25||746.50|
|Earning Per Share||53.13||63.78||33.98||20.43||27.44||43.85|
|Number of foreign Correspondents||326||328||358||358||410||391|
|Number of Employees||2025||2073||2171||2185||2133||2183|
|Number of shareholders||8960||9052||9521||9276||9491||9564|
|Number of Branches||66||75||76||76||76||76|
Objective of the Study
The objective of this report is to achieve practical knowledge about the credit card & credit division business of National Bank Limited, specific objective are as follows.
- To evaluate the performance of the bank.
- To apply theoretical knowledge in the practical field.
- To make a bridge between the theories and practical procedures of banking day-to-day operations.
- To gain practical knowledge by working in different desks of Mirpur Branch of National Bank.
- To observe the working environment in commercial banks.
- To study existing banker-customer relationship.
- To know the overall functioning of National Bank Ltd.
- To have some practical exposures that will be helpful for my future career.
National Bank Ltd. is the first and major private sector commercial bank in Bangladesh fully owned by the Bangladeshi Entrepreneurs. The Bank started its operation from 23rd March 1983. As a result of the collective effects of the some eminent bankers, of failure in playing due to role in mobilizing small savings of the teeming millions and providing improved clients services to them in our country, the Government gave right decision to allow establishing banks I private sector. National Bank Limited was born as the first hundred percent Bangladeshi owned Bank in the private sector. From the very inception its is the firm determination of National Bank Limited to play a vital role in the national economy. We are determined to bring bank the long forgotten taste of banking services and flavors. We want to serve each one promptly and with a sense of dedication and dignity.
NBL prudently and boldly faced the challenges of various adverse situations prevailing in the post independence Bangladesh and has now established it self as one of the most successful bank of the country. People in all regions can easily avail of the services of NBL through its 76 branches spread all over the country. Besides, the bank has been smoothly conducting its overseas activities with utmost efficiency through its 358 correspondents in 67 countries of the world. NBL has drawing with 18 overseas exchange houses including the gulf overseas exchange. In order to provide modern banking services to satisfy the demand of the country and the people, all branches of the bank have been brought under computer network. We are able to reach with lighting speed the hard-earned foreign exchanges of non-resident Bangladeshis to their near and dear ones at home through the world renewed Western union. The bank maintains round the clock communication with the external world using the latest information technology services of SWIFT and REUTERS. In order to give improved and risk free banking services to the valuable clients, all arrangements for launching line banking are its final stage.
Since the very beginning the bank extended much emphasis on overseas operation and handled a sizeable quantum of homebound foreign remittance. The Bank established extensive drawing arrangement network with Banks and Exchange companies, located in important countries of the world. Expatriates Bangladeshi wage earners residing in those countries can now easily remit their hard earned money to the country with confidence safety and speed.
NBL has been able to create a special image at home and abroad by introducing different banking products in accordance with the expectations requirements of people of the country. NBL was the pioneer bank to allow back-to-back LC facility without any margin to the entrepreneurs of garment industry during the Eighties, thereby helping the industry thrive to its present position. This has not only contributed to enrich of the country’s foreign exchange reserves, but also opened employment opportunities for a large numbers of labor force of the country. As a pioneer in this sector, NBL’s name will remain in golden letters.
NBL has been the pioneer in promoting readymade garment industries and still is the single largest financier in this sector. In the early 80’s when garment industry in Bangladesh was experiencing a process of trial, the bank foresights the bright prospect of this sector and extend finance to the deserving and promising entrepreneurs. It provided them with financial support including market information and advice and today the garment sector constitutes about 74% of the total export of the country.
NBL is the first bank to introduce international Master Card in Bangladesh which has facilitated the users to get benefit to different facilities in home and abroad. NBL is the first among private sector banks which has set a uncommon precedence of extending fully supervised collateral agriculture credit in the brained area of Rajshahi district to help small farmers to grow.
The wise directions and guidance of a prudent and versatile Board of directors and concerted efforts of a team of well-qualified and professionally heightened executives and officials have brought an extraordinary distinctiveness for the bank. Above two thousand dedicated executives, offers and staffs’ working day and night to serve its customers satisfactory.
Banking is not only a profit oriented commercial institution but it has based and social commitment admitting this true NBL is going on with its diversified banking activities.
The vision of the National Bank Limited is to develop Bangladesh’s economy by profitable investment of public money and build up their confidence to the private institution.
The missions of the National Bank are as follows:
- We aim to come one of the leading Banks in Bangladesh by our prudence, fair and quality of operation.
- We intend to meet the needs of our clients and enhance our profitability by creating corporate culture.
- We believe in strong capitalization.
- We be1ieve in strong capitalization.
- We aim to ensure our competitive advantages by upgrading banking technology and information system.
- We maintain high standard of corporate and business Seth’s. We provided high quality financial services to strengthen the well being and success of individual, industries and business communities.
- We intend to plat more important role in the economic development of Bangladesh and its finical relations with the rest of the world by interlining both domestic and international operations.
Functions of National bank Ltd
- To maintain all types of deposit A/Cs.
- To make investment.
- To conduct foreign exchange business.
- To conduct other Banking services.
- To conduct social welfare activities.
- To work for continues business innovation and improvements.
- To bui1d up strong-based capita1ization of the country.
- To ensure the best uses of its creativity, well disciplined, well manages and perfect growth.
Capital & Reserve fund
Authorized capital of the National Bank Ltd. is 1000.00 million and paid-up-capital is 51.63 cores which is increased from the preceding year compare to Tk 8.61 cores. Reserve fund is 134.59 cores as on 31-12-2004. The value of total equity of the year 2004 held by the bank stood 186.23core,which were 170.09 cores in 2003.
The deposit of the bank was Tk. 3298.40 crore as on 31-12-2005. It was Tk. 2897.34 core in the year 2004.
The bank has been maintaining a stable dividend policy since 1998. The market of share was in a good position during the last eight years. The board of director’s bank declared 20% cash dividend for the year 2002. The dividend paid since 1995 is as follows:
|Year||Dividend||Made of payment|
|2005||30% (Proposed)||Bonus share|
Sources and uses of Fund:
The main working forces of financial and commercial organization are fund. Bangladesh financial institutions collect fund from different sources and make profit through utilization of this fund. Earning of Maximum profit and holding of minimum liquidity a financial institution depended on its efficient fund management. The main sources of fund are as follows:
- Reserve fund
- Borrowing from Bangladesh Bank
Under different heads and borrowing from different banks through REPO. In according with provision of Bangladesh Bank, 4% of total demand time liabilities and as CRR in current account with the Bangladesh bank, while 12% of the liabilities maintained in different approved securities (Bills, Bonds, and Debenture etc.) foreign currencies. The rest of the fund is utilized as loans and advance investments in profitable outlets.
National Bank Ltd. is conscious about use fund properly. It keeps necessary cash and securities to maintain CRR and SLR under instruction of Bangladesh Bank. Funds are invested in economic activities of Bangladesh as loan and advances. It uses its surplus fund in call money Market and different banks with higher profit.
Sources of Fund
|Loans & Advances||Investment||Cash & Bank money||Call money||Fixed Assets||Other Assets|
Uses of Fund
|Loans & Advances||Investment||Cash & Bank money||Call money||Fixed Assets||Other Assets|
Training and Training Institute
The bank continued to endeavor in building up an efficient and knowledge workforce through imparting in service modern banking training. For this, Bank developed a training institute in Shyamoli in 1987 for its own to train-up its employees. During the years under review 225 employees attained training programs arranged by the training institute of the bank. In every batch, 25 trainees can attain in training program with residential facilities. Up to 2005 from the beginning of the institute 4682 employees have trained-up.
Consumer services Expansion Program of National bank Ltd.
Present age is the age of competition. A good number of new private commercial banks came to banking sector in Bangladesh during the last decade. Foreign banks (Standard chartered, American Express, HSBC, city NA, etc) also conduct banking business in Bangladesh very successfully. These new generation banks introduced many attractable products for customers. National Bank Ltd. is also introduced many products to attract customers.
The products introduced during the last five years are as follows:
- Monthly savings Scheme
- Consumer credit scheme
- Western union money transfer
- SWIFT Services
Monthly Savings Scheme:
It is an attractable savings project for limited income group. National bank Ltd. got quick response in this project. A depositor can deposit 500-10000 taka monthly for 5-8 years. The return is as follows:
|Monthly Installment||Return after 3 years 9.00%||Return after 5 years 9.25%||Return after 8 years 9.50%|
Consumer credit Scheme
National Bank’s consumer credit scheme gives a great opportunity to buy house and office items on easy installments. This scheme gives an advantage of part payment to cope with high price tags of many necessary home and office appliances. A consumer is the ultimate user of a good. Thus “Consumer credit” is the credit, which directly comes into the use of consumer.
Objectives of Consumer Credit Scheme:
The Objectives of Consumer Credit Scheme of National Bank Ltd. is as follows:
- To bring the credit facility to wide range of customers.
- To provide financial assistance to the limited income group people toward buying utility products.
- To help the professionals to raise their living standard.
- To participate in the socio-economic development of the country.
Goods and services under the scheme:
Under the “Consumer Credit Scheme” NBL grants pecuniary help for the following goods and services.
- Private car and station wagon new and reconditioned.
- Refrigerator and deep fridge.
- Air cooler, Air condition, Room-heater, Water Purifier.
- Sewing machine.
- Other goods that are not mentioned above but are considered essential.
NBL is one of the first few Bangladesh Banks to obtain membership of SWIFT (Society for World Inter-bank Telecommunication). SWIFT is a members’ owned cooperative which a first and accurate communication network for financial transaction such as Letter of credit, Fund Transfer etc. By being a member of SWIFT, the bank has opened up possibilities for uninterrupted connectivity with over 5700 user institutions in 150 countries all over the world.
Problems of the National Bank Limited
Following various problems is including in the National Bank Limited.
- Competitive banking Market: Different kinds of commercial Bank are serving in our commercial Banking Market. Therefore, no single Bank is allowed or capable to establish personal interest especially due to heavy competitive market.
- High rate of Government security: Practically, the government security likes bond, Security, Debenture, Savings certificate etc gives high rate of interest than commercial Bank. So all the investors are invested to utilize their idle fund to purchase the government security due to higher rate of interest.
- Credit Sales: Now a day, businessperson is bound for credit sales to increase their sales in the competitive market. For this reason business organization need less working capital and banking companies are loosing their opportunities to invest in business organization.
- Lack of modern tools and techniques: National Bank performs its activities by using backdated tools and techniques. It is fully far from information technology. Though NBL has enough strength to play proactive role in every aspect, it play reactive role.
- Lack of proper training: To cope with this ever-changing world every organization even every person has to be up-to-date. For this reason, the NBL should arrange adequate training. Though NBL has its own training center, it is not adequate for its employees. Because it is not well furnished to with this modern world.
- Lake of marketing activities: NBL does not promote itself for catering its services to the public or the business organization.
- Lack of favorable market image: NBL has a higher book value per share but market value per share is very low corresponding to its book value.
- The NBL should introduce on-line facilities so that the NBL can know its present resources not past month or past week’s resources. By this way NBL can use its funds properly.
- It should maintain a separate cost accounting cell at the head office of this bank furnished by professional cost accounts for implementation of appropriate costing system.
- The research cell of this bank should be strengthening with the efficient manpower by studying the feasibility of introduction of new products, analysis of manpower productivity and similar other research works.
- In order to sustain and remain profitable, this bank should identity and re-invests in productive sector and terminates unproductive operations/divisions.
- NBL should establish investment priorities and develop corporate budgets that steer resources into those internal activities critical to strategic success. It should be involved in channeling resources into areas where earning potentials are higher and away from areas where they are lower.
6. NBL should observe competitors closely for any new action taken by them and react competitively to that action. It can be accomplished by the following ways:
- NBL can get information about a certain competitor’s business policies by recruiting that company’s employees.
- IT can get information from people who do business with rivals.
- It can get information about other banks from published materials and published document.
- NBL should reengineer its core business process in order to eliminate duplicate work and reduce overhead cost.
- NBL should establish a library in every city or division where NBL branches are available.
- NBL should enhance its market exposure and create a favorable image to because its market value per share is very low than its book value.
The common method of transfer fund is called debit card. This card is called cash card or asset card. This card is similar to prepaid mobile phone.
Objectives of debit card
There are some objectives. Such as-
Revenue Generation: Debit card issuing bank increase their revenue by following points-
- Merchant Discount
- Interchange Fees
- Card Fees
- Interest on Credit Line
Cost Reduction: Using debit card bank reduced expenses. After using debit card paper documents such as file, voucher, letters etc expenses may also reduced which was so high prices.
Client Services: Debit card is used after native of cash, cheque. Other to carry a lot of money is so risky.
The merits of using debit card are gives as bellows-
- Any time Cash Converted: Anyone can easily converted cash with a short time.
- Decrease of Risk: Debit card decrease risk. Because use of cash is not always safe.
No Chance of Damage: Cash and cheque are made of paper. So these are easily damaged. But the debit card is not easily damaged.
- No Duplicity: There is no chance of duplicity in debit card.
- Cash Equivalent: Instead of cash and cheque anyone can use debit card.
- Carrying Facility: Anyone can easily carry the debit card instead of debit card.
- Full Time Banking: Debit card holder enjoys full time banking.
- No Need of Bank A/C: There is no need of bank account to become a debit card holder.
User of debit card
Debit card is use alternative use of cash, cheque, credit card etc. The following classes of people use debit card-
- Those who use banking services.
- Those who use a lot of cheque.
- Those who have earned lumsum revenue.
- Traveler who travel all over the world.
- Those who have a lot of assets.
Debit Card (National Bank)
National Bank issues debit card. Now, National Bank issues debit card which is called NBL power card. Before NBL had debit card, that was called ATM card. Power card is more flexible than ATM card.
The power card is three types:
Local Card: Local card will be valid in Bangladesh The amount of card is 1000tk or multipliers. There is no upper limit.
International Card: international card will be valid throughout the world except Bangladesh. The minimum amount is $500. The maximum amount is $1000 for SAARC and Myanmar and non-SAARC Countries $3000.
Dual Card: Dual card will be valid in Bangladesh and abroad.
In first year there is no charge. After one year the charge will be 200tk per year.
International or Dual Card — $15 or 1% of the prepaid amount but not exceeding $40.
Duplicate card or Pin Re-issue — Tk 200
Pre- Closure fee — Tk 200
Statement printing fee — 25 per instance
Cash withdrawal fee
From NBL ATM—No fee
From Q-Cash – Tk 10 per transaction
From other ATM—TK100 per transaction
2% or $2 which ever is higher
Service of NBL power card:
- Cash withdrawals
- Cash deposits
- Balance inquiries
- Fund transfer
- Mini Statement
There are various types of card. Debit card has various names. In NBL Debit card is called Power Card. Other bank, Debit card is called ATM card. So, for comparison purpose we compare with ATM card.
Standard Chartered Bank:
ATM in Standard Chartered Bank:
Standard Chartered introduced their ATM service first in Bangladesh in 1994 with only one ATM at their Banani Branch. Now they have 23 ATM in whole Bangladesh.
They have ATM in their each branch. They also have offsite or Non branch location of ATM that is there is no branch of the bank but has ATM booth.
Out of 23ATM. Standard Chartered installed:
- 16 ATM in Dhaka
- 4 ATM in Chittagong
- 3 ATM in Sylhet
Cost Associate with ATM:
Standard Chartered purchase ATM form NCR Company in installment. 50% of the total price is paid before installation of the machine and the rest 50% is paid after installation. ATM is insured against any destruction, malfunction etc.
Installation cost: The installation cost of an ATM is 2300 pound plus construction cost TK. 6 lakh.
Maintenance Cost: Yearly maintenance cost for an ATM is TK. 1.36 lakh.
Service of Standard Chartered ATM:
Standard Chartered bank offers a variety of banking service through their ATM.
- Cash withdrawals
- Cash deposit
- Check deposit
- Utility payment
- Balance Inquiries
- Funds transfer
- Mini Statement
- Statement requests
- Check book Requisition
Managing Of ATM:
An ATM team consisting of two persons is employed for the management of ATM service. In this team there is an ATM officer and the other is his assistant. In Chittagong and Sylhet there is also ATM team consisting of two persons who delivers the day to day reports to the ATM officer in Dhaka.
The ATM team is responsible for the following function:
- Collection of Cash and Checks, and bring it to the Branch.
- Collecting ATM card, if retained and return it to the owner on the next working day.
Every day the team visits to all ATM booth and Check customer’s complaints and any problems associated with the machine.
Hongkong and Shaghai Banking Corporation Limited
ATM in HSBC:
HSBC started their ATM services for their customers from November 2000. Now their total number of ATM booths overall Bangladesh is 11. They also have ATM at the off-site location of branch as well as ATM in Branches.
Out of 9 ATMs, HSBC installed
- 8 ATMs in Dhaka
- 3 ATMs in Chittagong
ATM in the Branches: Out of 11ATMs of 4 ATMs booths located at the following branches as mention in the following table:
|Location of Branches||Number of ATM|
|Dhaka Main Branch||1. ATM|
|Motijheel Branch||1. ATM|
|Gulshan Branch||1. ATM|
|Chittagng Branch At Agra bad C/A||1. ATM|
Services of ATM of HSBC
- Cash withdrawal
- Cash/check Deposit
- Balance Inquiries
- Funds Transfer
- Mini statement
- Statement requests
- Check book Requisition
- Mail Deposit
- PIN Change
The popular process of Electronic Banking is called Credit Card. In spite debit balance, customers use the Credit Card. Generally to pay the service and to withdraw cash, Credit Cards are used.
In 1951 Franklin first introduced the credit card. In the end of 1951, Bank of America introduced chase Manhattan and Marine Midland Trust, Charge Card. Bank of America acquired popularity of “Bank Amari Card” with the help of Bunch Network. The popular credit cards are: VISA, Master Card, American Express, and Gold Card etc.
Objectives of Credit Card
- Cost Reduction
- Electronic Banking
- Client Services
The merits of using credit card are gives as bellows
- Any time Cash Converted: Anyone can easily converted cash with a short time.
- Decrease of Risk: Credit card decrease risk. Because use of cash is not always safe.
- No Chance of Damage: Cash and cheque are made of paper. So these are easily damaged. But the credit card is not easily damaged.
- No Duplicity: There is no chance of duplicity in credit card.
- Cash Equivalent: Instead of cash and cheque anyone can use credit card.
- Carrying Facility: Anyone can easily carry the credit card instead of cash.
- Full Time Banking: Credit card holder enjoys full time banking.
- No Need of Bank A/C: There is no need of bank account to become a credit card holder.
- Credit Facilities: Credit Card holder enjoys credit facilities.
User of Credit Card
Normally a person whose monthly income is over 10000 can be a credit card holder. We know, there are three classes in society.
- Upper Class
- Middle Class
- Lower Class
Again, middle class is divided into two categories.
- Upper Middle Class
- Lower Middle Class
The income condition is not same in every class. In normal sense, upper class and upper middle class use the credit card.
On the other hand, the user of the people may determine by the following points:
- Those who use banking services.
- Those who have earned a lot of revenue.
- Travelers who travel all over the world.
- Those who have a lot of assets.
In spite of some advantages, the credit card has some limitations. The limitations are given bellows –
- Knowledge in Technology- All men are not educated. So they have lack knowledge in technology
- Lack of Information- Information is important thing to inform something. If information is not supplied properly, its quite impossible to aware of the product.
- Pay in more- Generally Credit Cardholder pay in more in more. Because shopkeepers’ thinks they don’t get cash immediately that’s why they determine high price.
- Security- Security is an important factor. That’s why the Cardholder deposit cash, share, Treasury bond, cash equivalent or open a FDR account.
- TIN- To collect in perspective Bangladesh point of view is so difficult. In spite of willingness men are not interested to become Cardholder.
- Booth- ATM or Q-Cash booth is not sufficient. Otherwise there is some city or town where booth is not available.
Consideration of Credit Card Issue-
The consideration topics are given as bellows
- Billing and Processing
- Card Issuance
Process of Credit Card
National Bank Limited offers the cardholder 15 to 45 days credit facilities. For the proper billing the bank divided the cardholder into three cycles. These are 0 cycle, 3 cycle and 5cycle. In 0 cycle hill are prepare and send to the cardholder 1st day or every month and last date of payment is 15th day of the month. In 3cycle bill are prepare and send to the cardholder 3rd day of every month and last date of payment is 18th day of the month. In 5cycle bill are prepare and send to the cardholder 5th day of every month and last date of payment is 20th day of the month. The cardholder can pay the bill any branch of the National Bank. If any cardholder fails to pay the bill within the last date then he/she must pay 2% monthly interest and his/her card stop automatically. But if the cardholder pay minimum bill (10% of the bill) then he/she must pay the interest on the balancing amount and can use the card as usual. On the other hand, if the card holder withdraws any cash amount from the ATM booth (maximum limit is 20% of card limit) a monthly charge of 2.5% is to be charged from the date of withdraw. In that case the cardholder will not get the 45 days credit payment facility.
Necessary Legal Framework
At present, all cards are going to duplicate. Otherwise, the cheating matters increase with the use of credit card. Recently we watched the credit card duplicity in Bangladesh. So, to protect interest the customer, merchant and bank the necessary legal act must be prepared and implemented. Central Bank can play great role to implement the act.
Credit Card (National Bank)
The credit card is called Master Card or VISA. Generally Master Card is divided into two categories.
- Local Card
- Gold Local Card
- Silver Local Card
- International Card
- Gold International Card
- Silver International Card
At first the credit cardholders fill up the application form. Then he submit same documents. The documents are given as follows-
- TIN (Tax Identity Number)
- Two copy photographs
- Photocopy of International Passport
The charge is an important factor. The charge depends on the type of card. Charges are given below-
Local card is used in Bangladesh and charges are
Gold – 2000tk + 15%vat
Silver – 1200tk + 15%vat
International Card is used all over the world. The international card is also two types
- International Card (Gold)
- International Card (Silver)
The charge of international card is given as follows
- Gold – $35+15% vat
- Silver -$70+15% vat
Cash Withdraw is an important factor. At a time cash withdraw 50% or per installment 5000tk which ever is maximum that is granted.
The service of credit card are given as follows
- Fund Transfer
- Utility Payment
- Credit Facilities
- Balance Inquiry
- Statement of Balance
Credit Card (Standard Charted Bank)
There are some foreign banks in Bangladesh. Among the banks Standard Charted Bank is one of them. Standard Charted Bank is the pioneer to introduce credit card in Bangladesh.
The charge and other relevant information of Standard Chartered Bank are given as follows –
Local Card – Local Card is two types
- Gold – 3000tk +500tk vat
- Silver – 1500tk + 250tk vat
International Card- International Card is also two types
- Gold – $80
- Silver -$160
At a time Cash withdraw 50% or per instilment 20000 tk which ever is maximum that is granted.
The security of local card and international card is not same. Depend on security the bank satisfies insurance coverage, when a credit cardholder face accident. The insurance coverage local and international are different.
National bank Ltd. has established goodwill through innovative products and services. It has many problems but is followed very sincerely the rules, regulations and advice of Bangladesh bank during the last ten years. Technological development has opened up a new dimension in the development creative products, efficient services and customer satisfaction. National Bank Ltd. must cope with this technological advancement to retain its present status. Many new generation private commercial banks have already introduced On-line banking. But National Bank Ltd. Could not established it till now. The bank must take initiative to established on-line banking.
The bank has an experienced and educated managing Director. The other directors of the bank are also young and educated. Their innovative idea will help to create new opportunities for the bank. But their creative ideas could not be implemented if the attitude of the employees is not changed. The executives, officers and staffs must be trained to change their negative attitude towards new concept of banking.
During the 12 weeks internship program at almost all the desk have been observed more or less. Gaining knowledge of practical banking and to compare this practical knowledge with theoretical knowledge. Though all departments and sections are covered in the internship program, it is not possible to go to the depth or each activities of division because of time limitation. So, objectives of this internship program have not been fulfilled with complete satisfaction. However, highest effort has been given to achieve the objectives the internship program.