Training is a process for providing employees with basic idea or basic background information about the firm that is called Training. Training is commonly considered only for new employees. This is a big mistake; the most successful institutions realize that ongoing training for existing employees results in measurable results for the company.
The benefits of employee training are:
- Leads to improved profitability and/or more positive attitudes towards profit orientation.
- Improves the job knowledge and skills at all levels of the organization
- Improves the morale of the workforce
- Helps people identify with organizational goals
- Helps create a better corporate image
- Fosters authenticity, openness and trust
- Improves relationship between boss and subordinate
- Aids in organizational development
- learns from the trainee
- Helps prepare guidelines for work
- Aids in understanding and carrying out organizational policies.
- Provides information for future needs in all areas of the organization
- Organization gets more effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Aids in development for promotion from within
- Aids in developing leadership skills, motivation, loyalty, better attitudes, and other
- Aids in increasing productivity and/or quality of work
- Develops a sense of responsibility to the organization for being competent and Knowledgeable.
- Improves Labor-management relations
- Reduces outside consulting costs by utilizing competent internal consultation
- Helps employees adjust to change
Training programs should be evaluated regularly to determine their progress and to identify ways to improve. Compare an employee’s newly-acquired skills with the skills expected from the training program. This will ensure a solid foundation and the future success of the training program.