Objectives and Importance of Interview
An interview is a face-to-face interaction between interviewer and interviewee. In common parlance, the word “interview” refers to a one-on-one conversation with one person acting in the role of the interviewer and the other in the role of the interviewee. An interview is based on the in-depth conversation which probes the areas of information that cannot be obtained by other steps of a selection process.
Importance of an interview are as follows:
- Interview helps to verify the quality and accuracy of information obtained through application forms.
- It helps to obtain additional information from the candidates as required by the job, otherwise not available.
- It helps to provide general information to the candidate about company policies, jobs, products manufactured and so forth.
- It helps to establish mutual understanding between the company and candidates.
- It helps to enhance the company’s image and reputation among the candidates.
Interviews can also be guided by different approaches to psychology. Some view interviews from a social perception perspective. From this perspective, the interview is seen as a subjective experience for all parties involved.
Objectives of Interview
The interview provides a solution to a specific problem. In an interview, the interviewer and the interviewee exchange their ideas, opinions, feelings, attitude, and perception toward the issue and thus the solution of the problem becomes easy to find.
- Create relation between interviewer and interviewee
- Gain inner feelings of the respondent
- Collect information’s about an existing social problem
- Create a source of knowledge
- Provide rich hypothesis
- Observe the situation quickly
- Collect additional information’s
- Reduce the distance between human beings
- Draw quantitative facts.
- Gain new knowledge about an area.