The benefits of employee involvement and empowerment are enhanced morale, more productivity, healthier coworker relationships and creative thinking.Involving employees, empowering them and bringing them into the decision making process provides the opportunity for continuous process improvement. The untapped ideas, innovations, and creative thoughts of employees can make the difference between success and failure. Competition is so fierce that it would be unwise not to use every available tool.
Employee involvement improves quality and increases productivity, because-
- Employees make better decisions using their expert knowledge of the process.
- Employees are more likely to implement and support decisions they had a part in making.
- Employees are better able to spot and pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Employees are better able to take immediate corrective action.
- Employee involvement reduces labor/management friction by encouraging more effective communication and cooperation.
- Employee involvement increases morale by creating a feeling of belonging to the organization.
- Employees are better able to accept change because they control the work environment.
- Employees have an increased commitment to unit goals because they are involved.