Company Situation Analysis:
A systematic collection and evaluation of past and present economical, political, social, and technological data, aimed at identification of internal and external forces that may influence the organization’s performance and choice of strategies, and assessment of the organization’s current and future strengths,weaknesses,opportunities and strengths. See also PEST analysis and SWOT analysis.Competitive Position is about defining how you’ll “differentiate” your offering and create value for your market.
The Key Questions
1. How well is the company’s present strategy working?
2. What are the company’s resource strengths and weaknesses and its external opportunities and threats?
3. Are the company’s prices and costs competitive?
4. Is the company competitively stronger or weaker than key rivals?
5. What strategic issues merit front-burner managerial attention?