The Advertising is the non personal communication of information usually paid for and usually persuasive in nature about products, services or ideas by identified sponsors through the various media.
steps involved in the process of advertising:
- Step 1 – Briefing: The advertiser needs to brief about the product or the service which has to be advertised and doing the SWOT analysis of the company and the product.
- Step 2 – Knowing the Objective: one should first know the objective or the purpose of advertising.
- Step 3 – Research: this step involves finding out the market behavior, knowing the competitors, what type of advertising they are using, what is the response of the consumers, availability of the resources needed in the process, etc.
- Step 4 – Target Audience: the next step is to identify the target consumers most likely to buy the product. The target should be appropriately identified without any confusion.
- Step 5 – Media Selection: now that the target audience is identified, one should select an appropriate media for advertising so that the customers who are to be informed about the product and are willing to buy are successfully reached.
- Step 6 – Setting the Budget: then the advertising budget has to be planned so that there is no short of funds or excess of funds during the process of advertising and also there are no losses to the company.
- Step 7 – Designing and Creating the Ad: first the design that is the outline of ad on papers is made by the copywriters of the agency, then the actual creation of ad is done with help of the art directors and the creative personnel of the agency.
- Step 8 – Perfection: then the created ad is re-examined and the ad is redefined to make it perfect to enter the market.
- Step 9 – Place and Time of Ad: the next step is to decide where and when the ad will be shown.
- Step 10 – Execution: finally the advertise is released with perfect creation, perfect placement and perfect timing in the market.
- Step 11 – Performance: the last step is to judge the performance of the ad in terms of the response from the customers, whether they are satisfied with the ad and the product, did the ad reached all the targeted people, was the advertise capable enough to compete with the other players, etc.