Unilever Bangladesh still believes that success means acting with ‘the highest standards of corporate behavior towards its employees, consumers and the societies and world in which we live’. Over the years it has launched or participated in an ever-growing range of initiatives to source sustainable supplies of raw materials, protect environments, support local communities and much more.
Increasing competition and the advent of modern trade has compelled customer management to shift from “Traditional Sales” to “Trade Marketing”. With more trade sophistication, the role of Customer Development is evolving into Relationship Marketing where Channel Development, Merchandising, and Distributor Development play a crucial part in keeping the company ahead of competition and in outpacing market change.
For customer development one needs:
- Great passion to achieve targets.
- Very strong people management skills, good analytical ability.
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to develop action plans that can meet both the needs of our customers and the business.
- Real enthusiasm and the pace for competitiveness at retail.
- Practical creativity that focuses on results.
- Real drive to lead a team.
- Willingness to work anywhere in Bangladesh.
For Brands and Development functions, one needs to have:
- A real interest in consumers as well as intuitive understanding of their behaviour, and what works (and doesn’t!) in specific markets.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead cross functional team.
- Strong analytical ability.
- For those interested in Development, technical skills in areas of work (packaging development and process development).
- Creativity inspired by a passion for growth.
Understand consumer trends
Unilever identifies consumer trends regionally and Brand Managers have to work with those insight and build the brand for the local markets
An exciting interaction with consumers
Presenting the exciting Unilever Brands to the local market, the Brand managers work with regional development teams to bring more exciting brands to the market, covering a range of innovation activities across the entire portfolio.
Unilever Bangladesh meets with its Retail Customers
Constantly challenging & exciting
Distribution plays an essential role in delivering sales and promotions activities planned for our customers. In an effort to outpace the competitors at the market place, evolving relationships with retailers make Distribution constantly challenging and exciting.
For Supply Chain you need the following skills:
- A high level of numeric proficiency and strong analytical ability
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Relationship and alliance management skills
- An entrepreneurial approach to the innovation and cost saving opportunities in supply markets
- The ability to work with other business cultures, and to organize effective links between them and our business
- Lux Strawberry and Cream: Every woman wants to be indulged! Use Lux Strawberry and Cream to fill your skin smooth and silky. Lovingly created with a sumptuous mix of luscious strawberries and moisturizing cream extracts that leaves your skin soft.
- Lux Peach and Cream: No women can resist the pleasure of being pampered. Use Lux Peach and Cream, lovingly created with the blend of juicy peach and moisturizing cream extracts, for a velvety, soft skin. Just gorgeous!
- Aqua Sparkle: Wake up to a body that looks fresh and full of life. Lux Aqua Sparkle, with refreshing mineral salts and seaweed extracts, is the best kept secret to help renew your skin from bored to full of life! There won’t be dull days!
- Crystal Shine: Blackout, silence! A breathtaking moment: your first step on the stage. A solitary spotlight on you. When your skin meets the drops of moisturizer and the shine of crystals that you can see and feel, there is a silent applause. Crystal Shine!
- Nature Pure: Don’t let lazy skin get you down. Nature Pure is rich with chilled mint and refreshing cucumber extracts that help revive you. Go from zero to fabulously exciting in seconds.
Lifebuoy is now in a superior formulation offering a new health fragrance and a comtemporary shape. The new formulation offers a significantly superior bathing experience and skin feel.
- Lifebuoy Total: This variant offers all the goodness of the original red Lifebouy with an improved new fragrance and unique shape. Its unique germ protection gives all day protection from germ for the entire family.
- Lifebuoy Deofresh: This variant has a special formulation that fights against body odor causing germs. Along with the deodorant effect it offers the unique Lifebuoy germ protection for the entire family.
- Lifebuoy Nature: For the believers of natural products, Lifebuoy brings in Lifebuoy Nature with the goodness of Neem and Tulsi. This variant gives a natural protection against germs all day long.
- Lifebuoy Care: Lifebuoy Care is a special formula which is gentle and caring and takes care of delicate baby skin. It protects you and your baby from germs all day long.
- Lifebuoy Nourish: Lifebuoy Gold Nourish has moisturizer which keeps your skin soft and supply while protecting you from germs.
Surf excel is the highest selling premium washing powder in Bangladesh. Over the years it has anticipated the changing washing needs of the Bangladeshi homemaker and constantly upgraded itself.
Surf excel has been a pioneer in the country in encouraging others to let their children explore and discover the world around them. For any consequential stains there is Surf excel. Surf excel’s advanced formula effectively removes dried in stains.
10 Most stain prone areas
Kids are so involved in what they do that without noticing it they get dirty in all sorts of areas. The 10 most stain prone areas are grimy collars, greasy cuffs, inky pockets, sweaty underarms, waists and sleevees, muddy socks, trouser falls and knees and paint stained pant bottoms. New Surf excel’s powerful ‘Blue Energy’ effectively penetrates the layers of fabrics and even removes tough stains hidden in the 10 most stain prone areas.
Dirt is Good!
Although it might sound strange for a leading laundry brand like Surf excel to say this, we believe, like you, that this type of dirt is good: it’s an important part of a child’s development. It’s how kids learn, express their creativity and even bolster their immune systems.
At a time when growing numbers of children are leading sedentary lives, often cocooned in the .
Wheel Power White knows that whiteness and brightness can shine in, not just out. There’s something about brilliantly white clothes that gives you that extra lift and confidence to take on the day’s challenges. And no other brand knows more about delivering superior whiteness than Wheel Power White
Wheel Power White gives premium laundry experience at affordable price
If you are worried about the faded, yellowed look of your favorite white shirt, Wheel Power White is the right laundry solution for you. Wheel Power White was first launched in 2005 with promise of sparkling whiteness. Within a very short time, it gained immense popularity for its premium laundry delivery at affordable price.
Striking Proof of Striking Whiteness
With the relaunch in 2009, Wheel Power White has come up with even a better formulation and packaging. Different shades of whiteness have been demonstrated through a whiteness scale which is the ‘striking proof of striking whiteness’. Now consumers can prove themselves.
With an affordable price, Wheel Power White’s advanced formulation not only makes your clothes whiter & brighter, but also requires less powder than the ordinary detergents available in the .
Supply chain is a key strategic driver in a company like ours which produces over one hundred Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) to meet the everyday needs of people everywhere. Proper planning, improvising Procurement Processes, First Time Right Manufacturing and timely Distribution are crucial strategies that significantly affect the profitability of the company
Supply Chain is responsible for all the stages from sourcing raw materials to delivering the end product to the end consumer – a process often referred to as Planning, Procurement, Manufacturing and Distribution.
Efficiency & outstanding service
In supply chain, using advanced technology and systems, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that factories run efficiently and customers receive outstanding service. In other words, you would contribute significantly in optimizing the supply chain, expediting innovation and meeting efficiently customer needs. You will be at the heart of the process of bringing new products to the market, dealing with buying, manufacturing, development and marketing/customer management organizations.
Brands that meet people’s needs
The Customer Development team makes sure that we, as a company, meet the everyday needs of people everywhere through ensuring that our brands are always within the reach of our customers and consumers. To do so, pioneering new channels of distribution, ensuring visibility of our brands through attractive merchandising, and developing our distributors to enhance our penetration and coverage are crucial responsibilities entrusted upon our Customer Development team.
Related Marketing Paper:
Popular Marketing Paper:
Executive Summary We want to market Green Coconut Water. We have prepared this feasibility plan on that basis. We have assigned a name for the product as “Jaul”. Since the raw materials are very much available in our country, we have decided to give the product an indigenous image. Jaul is a .....
Introduction Unilever is a multi-national corporation, formed of Anglo-Dutch parentage that owns many of the world’s consumer product brands in foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. Unilever employs nearly 180,000 people and had worldwide revenue of almost €40 bill.....
Introduction: When the Dick and Mac McDonald opened their first restaurant in San Bernardino, California in 1948, they never could have imagined the extraordinary growth their company would experience. From modest beginnings, they found a winning formula selling high quality products quickly and .....
Introduction McDonald’s is the first in fast food chain which provide nutrition information printed on all packaging.McDonald’s primarily sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken, french fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, milkshakes and desserts. In response to changing consumer tas.....
Introduction Apple was founded by Steven Jobs and Stephen Wozniak in 1976; Apple Computer Company revolutionized the personal computer industry and epitomized the rise of clean industry in the New West. Located in the Santa Clara Valley, in California, the company’s first product was the Ap.....