Retail involves the sale of goods from a single point (malls, markets, department stores etc) directly to the consumer in small quantities for his end use.
- It is important to do some kind of research work before taking the big leap. Browse through related websites to gain an in-depth knowledge.
- An individual must be well aware of the fundamentals of retail industry to have an edge over others. Short term courses in retail make an individual well versed with the basic concepts of retailing, store formats, visual merchandising and so on which eventually help him in the long run.
- Know your target market well. Find out more about the tastes and preferences to meet their expectations.
- It is important to choose the right location for the store to ensure maximum walk-ins. Make sure the store is well connected by means of transportation. Don’t open store at a secluded place.
- Make sure there is adequate parking space near your store.
- Promote your store well. It is essential to create awareness of your brand amongst the customers for them to know about the brand’s existence. Devise strategies to make your brand popular amongst the masses.
- Create the company’s website and get your visiting cards printed.
- Set a budget for everything.
- Visit few other retail outlets to get an idea about store designs and layouts.
- Hire trained employees for your store. The employees must be well aware of their roles and responsibilities for them to deliver their best. Motivate them from time to time through various training programmes, appraisals, incentives and other monetary benefits.
- Be patient and don’t rush into things.
- Plan your store layout well. Make sure there is ample space inside the store for the customers to move and shop freely.
- Don’t dump products. Use shelves, cabinets and almirahs to stock your merchandise.
- Never oversell. Let the customers decide on their own what would look good on them.
Related Marketing Paper:
Popular Marketing Paper:
Executive Summary We want to market Green Coconut Water. We have prepared this feasibility plan on that basis. We have assigned a name for the product as “Jaul”. Since the raw materials are very much available in our country, we have decided to give the product an indigenous image. Jaul is a .....
Introduction Unilever is a multi-national corporation, formed of Anglo-Dutch parentage that owns many of the world’s consumer product brands in foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. Unilever employs nearly 180,000 people and had worldwide revenue of almost €40 bill.....
Introduction: When the Dick and Mac McDonald opened their first restaurant in San Bernardino, California in 1948, they never could have imagined the extraordinary growth their company would experience. From modest beginnings, they found a winning formula selling high quality products quickly and .....
Introduction McDonald’s is the first in fast food chain which provide nutrition information printed on all packaging.McDonald’s primarily sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken, french fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, milkshakes and desserts. In response to changing consumer tas.....
Introduction Apple was founded by Steven Jobs and Stephen Wozniak in 1976; Apple Computer Company revolutionized the personal computer industry and epitomized the rise of clean industry in the New West. Located in the Santa Clara Valley, in California, the company’s first product was the Ap.....