Sales management is the attainment of sales force goals in an effective and efficient manner through planning, staffing, training, leading and controlling organizational resources.
sales manager can have a narrow or a broad spectrum of responsibilities including the following: estimate demand and prepare sales forecasts; establish sales force objectives and quotas; prepare sales plans and budgets; establish the size and organization of the sales force; recruit, select, and train the sales force; compensate the sales force; control and evaluate sales performances.
The five functions of sales managers
- Planning- the conscious, systemic process of making decision about goals and activities that an individual, group, work unit, or organization will pursue in the future and the recourses needed to attain them.
- Staffing-refers to activities undertaken to attract develop and mention affective seals personnel within an organization.
- Training- The effort put forth by employer to provide the salespersons job related culture skills knowledge and attitudes that result in improved performance in the selling environment.
- Leading- The ability to influence other people toward attainment of objectives. Leading means communicating, goals to people throughout the sales group and infusing people with the desire to perform at a high level.
- Controlling- monitoring sales personals activities determining whether the organization is on target toward its goals and making correction as necessary.
- Organization- A social system that is goal directed and has a deliberated structure.
- Social- Being made up of two or more people.
- Goal directed- an organization is design to achieve some outcome, such a profit, meeting spiritual needs or providing health care.
- Deliberated Structure- tasks are divided, and responsibility for their performance is assigned to organization members.
Major parts of an organizational system
- Organizational Effectiveness- the degree to which the organization achieves a stated objective.
- Organizational Efficiency- the amount of resources used to achieve an organizational goal.
Related Marketing Paper:
Popular Marketing Paper:
Executive Summary We want to market Green Coconut Water. We have prepared this feasibility plan on that basis. We have assigned a name for the product as “Jaul”. Since the raw materials are very much available in our country, we have decided to give the product an indigenous image. Jaul is a .....
Introduction Unilever is a multi-national corporation, formed of Anglo-Dutch parentage that owns many of the world’s consumer product brands in foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. Unilever employs nearly 180,000 people and had worldwide revenue of almost €40 bill.....
Introduction: When the Dick and Mac McDonald opened their first restaurant in San Bernardino, California in 1948, they never could have imagined the extraordinary growth their company would experience. From modest beginnings, they found a winning formula selling high quality products quickly and .....
Introduction McDonald’s is the first in fast food chain which provide nutrition information printed on all packaging.McDonald’s primarily sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken, french fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, milkshakes and desserts. In response to changing consumer tas.....
Introduction Apple was founded by Steven Jobs and Stephen Wozniak in 1976; Apple Computer Company revolutionized the personal computer industry and epitomized the rise of clean industry in the New West. Located in the Santa Clara Valley, in California, the company’s first product was the Ap.....