A promotion announcement letter serves as a formal notice concerning promotions from within the company. However, the most preferred and widespread medium is by sending a letter to the concerned employee with the relevant information about his impending promotion, as well as a notification to those concerned within the department where the employee works.
The purpose of a promotion announcement letter is to provide information about a promotion and, in this particular case, there are two clear intentions in preparing this letter.
- To inform the employee that he or she is being promoted to a higher position within the company; and
- To inform other members of the organization and all other stakeholders about the promotion.
A promotion is a reward for excellence at work, and as such, this professional letter should make the recipient feel the same. The Promotion Announcement Letter is normally written and sent by a member of the management or those within the concerned department.
Employee promotion letter must have all the relevant details regarding the promotion such as the new designation, responsibilities and the increase in salary if any. It’s basically similar to an acknowledgment letter where it shows information regarding who, what, when, where, and why. It should also applaud the recipient for his/her excellent performance and encourage the person to perform better in the future.
Promotion Announcement Letter Writing Tips –
- As this is an official letter, the language used must be formal.
- The letter must convey that the employee’s work is being noted and appreciated by the management.
- It should contain all the relevant details regarding the promotion.
- The letter should be brief and concise.