A sales letter is a letter written to publicise and ultimately sell a product or a service to the consumers. It is a type of business letter; meant for generating business. If you are writing a sales letter, then your primary concern is going to be grabbing eyeballs for the product or service that you are selling. For this, you will need to ensure that not only is your letter direct and to the point, but also enlists all the benefits that your potential client could gain from using your product.
Here explain some tips that will help you write a letter –
- Ensure that the first line of the letter is a hook. You can highlight the benefits that the reader will get from dealings with your company.
- Ensure that you mention what the client will gain from the product in simple language, and how it is unique to your product.
- After all, it is important that a prospective client knows everything about the product, but focus on writing more about the gains that the client will enjoy.
- If it is possible, it may be a good idea to attach testimonials from existing customers with the letter.
- If you are going to send out the letters in plain white envelopes, with absolutely no frills, there are chances that the client is going to throw it out. Use colours and formatting that will attract the client, and force him to read the letter.
- It is always a good idea to follow-up with a personal phone call to ensure that the client has received it so that you can learn whether or not he is interested in having dealings with your firm.
Example Temple for sales letter:
Name of Your Organization
Name of Client
Dear Ms./Mr. (addressee), or To whomsoever, it may concern
The introductory paragraph of the letter should start with a sentence that grabs the attention of the reader. Then go ahead to thank the reader for the interest that he/she has shown in the product that you are selling or the services that your organization provides, and convey the benefits and incentives that a client or consumer of the company will be eligible for.
The second paragraph can act as a testimony to any sample product that you have sent along. You can also describe limited offer promotions or discounts, that your organization will be offering to anyone who becomes a regular client.
The third paragraph of the article will have your contact details like your phone number, your location, and the office timings of your organization.
- Letter for Amendment to Lease Agreement
- Sample Party or Strategy Planning Agenda Format
- Leave Application format for Brother’s Marriage from Office
- Sample Apology Letter to Employee for Official Irregularities Occurred
- Sample Leave Application for One Month from Office
- Warning Letter Format for Teacher for Poor Performance