[It is an example of a letter of application to a funder. Remember, your letter must be specific to your project and specific to the requirements of the funder you are writing to. This is just to give you some ideas about how to structure it. You can modify this format as your requirement.]
Sub: Application format for Release of Fund
We would like to make an application for (Amount of money) from the (Recipient Organization name). We are a group of local people in (town name), and we have recently set up a community group running free sports activities for children in the area. (show your actual problem and situation).
We were mainly inspired to start the club because some of our children often get into trouble at school, and don’t find it very easy to make friends. We have 16 parents involved, plus 6 other local volunteers. (Briefly details about your projects).
We formally adopted our constitution on (Date). This is enclosed. Our aims are:
- Provide a safe, fun environment where all local children aged (Aged name) are welcome.
- Encourage children to take part in physical activity and develop healthy habits and lifestyles.
- Provide a fun focus for parents and children to play together and forge relationships with other local families.
- Provide particular support for families whose children struggle with school, or have difficulty making friends, by linking children up with individual one-to-one volunteers who support them to access the sessions and build friendships with other children.
We have begun our activities in the summer months. By borrowing equipment from a local primary school, and running our sessions in the park, we have kept our costs very low. We want to provide a continuous experience for the families involved and get more people involved. For this reason, we would like to run indoor activities from (Date to date). We are applying to (Recipient Organization name) for (Amount of money) to cover the costs of hiring a sports hall for weekly activities, (Project activities).
We will provide feedback forms after every activity.
We are also requesting money to pay for printing leaflets, to publicise the project to more families. Our bank details are: (Bank name, Account Name). We have enclosed a copy of our constitution, and a bank statement. Please see below a budget for our project, showing how we intend to spend the money we have asked for. We do not yet have annual accounts, as we have not been running for long enough. We will get our accounts externally examined at the end of the year.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like any more information. Thank you for your consideration.
Your name and role…
Your organization’s name,
- Letter for Complaints about Damaged Goods
- Request Letter to Principal to Upgrade Science Laboratory
- Sample Cover letter for the Post of Assistant Lecturer or Professor
- Permission Letter for Organizing Blood Donation Camp
- Request Letter for Name Correction in Life Insurance Policy
- Application format by Student for Loan Waived Off