Acknowledgment letters are actually letters of receipt. They are formal and short letters, mainly serving legal purposes. In business, such letter plays an important role as it indicates that you value the opinion and time of the concerned party. Writing such formal business letters can help you to build good will and trust. Based on the document they refer to we can distinguish several types of acknowledgment letters, such as:
- CV / Application acknowledgment letter,
- Acknowledgment of resignation,
- Business acknowledgment letter.
Whenever your company receives any kind of business document from whomsoever, it becomes important on your part to send a letter of acknowledgment in return. Write to the point and truth in the letter without exaggerating and make use of polite tone.
Acknowledgment Letter Writing – Small Guide
In business communication, an acknowledgment letter is used to acknowledge a fact or a situation or any kind of action. It is a simple way of saying thanks and showing your spontaneous reaction. In business, it works as a strength to improve relationships between:
- Company and employee
- Two different companies
- Two different individuals
In order to show your gratitude, ensure that you do not exaggerate. Remember that it is an acknowledgment letter and so simple acknowledgment or thanks is enough.
While starting such letter writing, do not forget to include the date and subject line. This proves to be helpful in future correspondence. The way you approach in the letter should be courteous and polite.
Time is an important factor which you need to consider while writing such letter. This letter holds value, only when you send it at the right time. It is a prompt response from your side and so time plays a very important role.
Important Key Phrases to Use in an Acknowledgment Letter
Letter of acknowledgment is the proof, that you received a particular document or any kind of request. When it comes to handling the certain legal process, such letters play an important role. In these types of letters, you need to make use of certain key phrases like:
- I am acknowledging receipt of the following documents
- If I can assist you…, do not hesitate to call
- I hereby acknowledge the receipt of the following documents
- I am writing to inform you that
- Thank you for sending me (documents, quotation etc.)
- I am writing to confirm our telephone conversation
- We received your return shipment of (any product)
The format of Acknowledgment Letter Writing
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Specific official or person
- Recipient’s Address
- Reference or Subject
- Dear Contact Person
Show some gesture of acknowledgment by adding required details related to service, product, etc.
- Relevant points
- Clarify your objective
- Confirming receipt of the product or service
- Thanking the addressee
- Intimation for any further communication
Thanking you, yours sincerely etc.
First name and last name.
- Sample Letter for Booking Room in Hotel for business purposes
- Resignation Letter Format for due to Failing Health
- Letter to Health Service to Improve healthcare in Community
- Request Letter for Refund of Admission Fees from School
- Apologized Letter to Customer for Suffering Inconvenience
- Request Letter to Reduce the Flat or Shop Rent