Building technology and ideas ltd:
Success lies in the ability to adapt with changing times. That is something that bti have learnt since 1984. Understanding the changing nature of the real estate sector bti proceeds to build homes, introducing daring and innovative living concepts.
bti believe that architecture can captivate the essence of time. bti monuments capture accordingly a particular time frame and yet continue to be appreciated eternally. To each and every development, bti add that extra touch of magic, which makes it a home.
building technology & ideas ltd., bti is one of the pioneer real estate companies of the country involved in the sector since 1984. Apart from being the founder member of the Real Estate and Housing Association of Bangladesh (REHAB), bti was the first construction company of Bangladesh to be awarded with the internationally recognised ISO 9001: 2000 certification for quality in “Design and Construction of Buildings”.
The experience of more than twenty five years in the real estate business has spurred completion and successful hand over of more than 200 projects to satisfied owners of Dhaka and Chittagong.
Bti not only believe in quality as a mere vision statement but also implement it in every aspect of our operations and the way bti do business. To bolster bti’s core values of quality and excellence, we have taken on board a team of dedicated and skilled professionals consisting of architects, engineers, designers, planners etc.
At the heart of our operations – the key word is “Integrity”. And it is this integrity that has ensured our growth even in the face of stiff competition and volatile business environment year after year.
- Incorporated in 1984
- Pioneer in the real estate sector
- First ISO Certified real estate company in Bangladesh
- REHAB Membership No. 001
- Handed over more than 2000 flats
- RAJUK approved projects
- Dispute free lands
- High quality construction
- Modern Functional Design
- In time handover
- After Sales Service
bti shall endeavour to excel in every aspect of their operation and thereby provide quality products and services to their customers.The organization will have a challenging and satisfying working environment so that the talents and potential of their human resource is given the full opportunity to blossom & grow. bti shall maintain a high degree of integrity in their business conduct and this characteristic will prevail in their dealings with their customers, their suppliers, their contractors, their financiers, their employees & indeed their entire society.
Customer Policy: To always focus on the customer; because the customer’s satisfaction is their inspiration.
Business Policy: To conduct the business with high integrity.
Employee Policy: To nurture the best human resource through training & motivation.
Quality Policy: To consistently developed high quality real estate to keep their standard above others.
Environment Policy: To address environmental issues aptly & carry on their activities in line.
Future Policy: To endeavour innovation to excel in every aspect of their operation.
bti is committed to expand and diversify in the years to come. It has taken on board a number of projects which will have a definite impact on the socio-economic fabric of the country and play a dynamic role in the overall economic development of Bangladesh.
building technology & ideas ltd. will provide leadership in quality in the Real Estate Development sector.
They will provide quality in their construction work, their management systems, and their customer services so that they can fulfill or exceed their customer’s expectation.
Their human resource will always be their greatest asset and they will provide regular training and opportunity to our people so that the quality of their work is constantly improved.
bti is undoubtedly one of the leaders in the field of Real Estate Development in Bangladesh. In 1998 the company was awarded the ISO-9001 certification for Design & Construction of Buildings.
bti is the first Real Estate Developer in Bangladesh to be given this prestigious, internationally recognized accreditation. They believe that it is their organizational strength that has enabled them to achieve market leadership.
Business Development :
Teamed up with a band of highly motivated professionals, the business development division explores new business opportunities & comes up with the best options to meet the growing demands in the marketplace. The Business development department is responsible for locating the most valuable land in Dhaka and Chittagong and negotiate with land owners to ensure a win-win joint venture or to outright purchase the land.
Design & Development:
bti has been known for its spectacular and innovative living concepts and daring architectural designs. This has been possible by the dedicated full time professional architects and designers who constantly delve into the realms of innovation and uniqueness.
Engineering & Construction:
Well experienced engineers with both local and international exposure are responsible for management of this department. The team of highly qualified civil engineers carry out direct supervision to ensure the highest quality of workmanship. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are in place for Quality Control (QC) of concrete and other completed work samples at every stage of the construction process.
Marketing & Brand Management:
A truly professional Marketing & Brand Management Team is in place at BTI to nurture and communicate numerous product offerings to its customers. The tools and techniques applied by the Marketing Department complements the efforts of the Sales Department and helps to put bti’s image and products in their right perspective.
A pro-active sales team is always in touch with bti’s valued customers to update them on the latest product offerings. Every member of the Sales Team is given extensive on-site training so that the person is totally familiar with construction procedures and acquires full product knowledge.
A full fledged Customer Service team remains constantly in touch with customers for any modification or optional works desired by the customer during construction of projects. Customer Service Department aims to provide full satisfaction to the customers by always being on hand to satisfy any query they may have about their cherished home.
A dedicated maintenance team is fully active to maintain the relationship with bti’s customers. Headed by a Sr. Maintenance Engineer, the department starts working just after the project handover. All the customers’ complaints are addressed as bti’s team looks after all civil, electrical, and sanitary and plumbing works. And this service is given free of cost for two years if within the purview.
Finance & Accounts:
Finance & Accounts personnel are responsible for putting in place appropriate financial control methods, cash flow management and maintenance of proper accounting principles.
Human Resource & Training:
bti recognize that their people are their greatest asset. Thus, development, professional evaluation and motivation of bti’s human resource are a very important goal and objective of the company. The human resource department is staffed with a competent team of HR professional who ensure the above goal.
bti admin department ensures safety, security and maintenance of our sites, our corporate building and all our movable and immovable assets. A dedicated team is totally focused to protect the interests of the company.
bti corporate affairs department maintains liaison with all external agencies such as RAJUK, PWD, CDA, City Corporation etc. As a responsible corporate citizen, BTI ensures integrity and professionalism in its dealings with all external agencies.
HRM Practices in building technology and ideas ltd:
bti recognize that their people are their greatest asset. Thus, development, professional evaluation and motivation of bti’s human resource are a very important goal and objective of the company. The human resource department is staffed with a competent team of HR professional who ensure the above goal. Some of the HR practices of the building technology and ideas ltd are given below:
Human Resource Development:
To get the maximum outcome from the human resources it is obviously necessary to implement and invent new way to complete the work activities and systems. HRD is related to upgrade the working system. It depends on some relevant information. It helps to improve the skills, requirement, control measures and training needs. Building technology and ideas ltd always conscious to improve the HR processes and working environment day by day.
The HR Department deals with five core areas of operations. It includes Planning for organizations, jobs and people; Acquiring human resources; Building individual and organizational performance (training and development): Rewarding employees; Maintaining human resources.
Human Resource Planning and Information System:
Building technology and ideas ltd plans the human resources and information system. It is a process of deciding in advance what is to be done regarding human resource acquisition to its proper utilization. It is obvious that without proper planning human resource activities cannot be implemented as per desire or the management. It deals to identify the current manpower position and desire manpower position. It helps to forecast the future skills and assess HR requirements, determine training levels and arrange management development program and future accommodation. One sample framework of HR planning is given below:
Human Resources are also depending on the information system. In building technology and ideas management Information System (MIS) gives a great contribution for the flow of the information system and management of the information system. The components and diagram by which HRIS and Management information system done the duties are given below:
Recruitment and Selection:
An organization’s success depends on its human resources. No matter how much an organization invests in other assets if it’s human resource does not have the competence then the organization will be unsuccessful. Even when deciding which fixed assets to invest the organizations go through many hurdles, so when it comes to human resource they have to be even more careful.
First an organization conducts human resource planning to identify their personnel needs. Once these needs are established a job analysis is conducted, which clarifies the job being done and the individual qualities necessary to do these jobs successfully. Then on the basis of this information a pool of qualified applicants are recruited. The next step calls for selecting the most suitable person for the job, which is the major objective of selection process.
To outline the standards those are expected of new recruits to the Bank, and the processes that will be followed during recruitment and selection. The foundation for this policy is that recruitment should only occur when there is a specific business need to be met i.e. vacant post and that the selection of the appropriate candidate will be on the basis of qualification, performance, potential and aptitude.
The decision as to who should be recruited is taken by the General Manager of Human Resources and Departmental head and other Executives relevant to the position to be filled.
The Selection Criteria:
Candidates are selected after full consideration of the following factors:
There must be a legitimate need to increase the company’s hand count. In all cases the Department Manager who considers that they have a legitimate need to increase their hand count, either because an existing employee has resigned or because the expansion has been agreed as a part of the Area Operating Plan, must submit a request to HR Officer for consideration within existing manning levels and current business priorities for approval by HR Panel. Provided that the request is in line with the Area Operating Plan and current business priorities HR Officer will begin the recruitment process.
It is the company’s policy to advertise its vacancies to potential candidates both externally and internally. To meet the occasional need to recruit specialist-experienced employees, advertisements will be placed in professional journals and newspapers both within Bangladesh and overseas as necessary or give advertisement in the reputed job site.
Job specifications and job vacancy advertisements will indicate the experience that is required for each job.
Candidates for all vacancies will be asked to undertake a range of ability tests prior to their recruitment. The company uses standard, professionally developed tests that are considered relevant to the positions of respective posts. Candidates who successfully pass the ability test will be invited to attend interviews with members of the Human Resources Panel and other Executives deemed appropriate in light of the particular vacancy to be filled.
Sample of Request for Recruitment.
bti‘s Recruitment and Selection process follows a standard pattern. It begins with advertising and concludes with the final employment decision.
Steps of Recruitment and Selection Process
bti advertises in the national newspapers and professional journals and also to reputed job site.
The advertisement includes mainly two things:
- Job Description
- Job Specification
This screening consists of a two-step procedure:
- The screening of inquiries (Short-listing).
- The provision of screening interviews (Preliminary Interview).
Some of the respondents are eliminated based on job description and job specification. Factors that lead to a negative decision at this point include-
- Inadequate or inappropriate experience.
- Inadequate or inappropriate education.
The Ability Tests are concentrated to judge the candidates:
- Oral communication & written communication skill.
- Sales ability.
- Analysis and judgment.
- Creativity Initiative.
- Conflict management skills.
- Organizational sensitivity and
- Tolerance for stress.
Interview by Human Resource Panel:
The candidates who have so far survived after all the tests at this step will face the Human resource Panel and will have to give a comprehensive interview. The interview panel may consist of:
- The personnel department interviewers,
- Executives within the organization,
- A potential supervisor, potential colleagues or
- Some combination of these may interview the applicant.
The candidates are most likely to face questions concerning:
- Their last job experience,
- Their career goals,
- About their particular field of work,
- Favorite courses at university or college,
- What they expect from the organization, their reasons for choosing this organization, etc.
This interview is designed to probe into areas that cannot be addressed by the application form or tests. These areas usually consist of assessing one’s motivation, ability to work under pressure, and ability to ‘fit-in’ within the organization.
Appointment as Probationary Staff:
At bti the new employees are initially employed under probation. The employee will be given a certain time period to prove his or her ability in those preferred area. The period is called probation period. If the employee is succeeds to show his or her ability and worth in the job field, only then the job will become permanent for the new comer.
This is done to judge whether the employee is able to fulfil his or her job requirements, whether that person could cope with the organization’s environment and culture etc.
Training and Development:
Training is a learning process whereby people skills, concepts, attitudes and knowledge to aid in the achievement of goals. There are many objectives works behind the training and development. In building technology and ideas ltd there is a huge opportunity to get the training and nice accommodation is established for the training process. The schedule of training and performance is excellent. General Manager, Human Resources look after the whole process where the training and development needed. Some of the objectives for conducting training and development are given below:
- Instruction of new employees.
- Knowledge on new method.
- Knowledge on company policy.
- Knowledge on company customer relation.
- Change of attitude.
- Personal growth.
- Ensuring loyalty.
- Reduction of labour turnover.
- To increase productivity.
- To improve quality.
- To help the company to fulfil its future growth.
- To improve organizational climate.
- To improve health and care.
- Obsolescence prevention.
- Behaviour change.
Methods of Training and Development:
Some of the training methods are normally follow in building technology and ideas ltd. The immediate supervisor mainly responsible for giving the instructions and training to the subordinates. Some of the ways of training method like power point presentation, meeting, discussions etc. The specific topic is mention for the training like time management, computer maintenance etc.
The employees should be evaluated on a number of specific dimensions of job performance. Each of the specific dimensions of job performance used to evaluate an individual’s performance should be developed so that it is not deficient, contaminated, distorted, or irrelevant.
The responsible person for conduct performance appraisal system that is in building technology and ideas are given below:
- Weighted checklist
For appraisal of the employee the following process is follow:
Methods using for appraisal:
Bti uses specific ways in which HRM can actually establish performance standards and devise instruments to measure and appraise an employee’s performance. Three approaches exist for doing appraisal: employees can be appraised against
- Absolute standards
- Relative standards
Dimensions of HR practices in bti:
In building technology and ideas ltd the HR and TRG Department follow all the dimensions and requirements for the HR processes. The development of the HR processes are strongly observed and improved. On the other hand all the day to day activities are continuing. It is necessary for the improvement of the organization. HRM practices is strongly related to the development of the organization so it needs to give emphasis on this area.
Activities of the impact study of the Employee Satisfaction Level of building technology and ideas ltd
Activities of this Impact Study:
Activities of the proposed study can be organized under three phases, such as
Phase I : Inception Phase
Phase II : Survey/ Data Collection Phase
Phase III : Reporting Phase
A table given below will clearly explain the above-mentioned three phases of activities of the proposed study.
|Phase – I|
|Collection and review of relevant documents, Development of Data Collection Instruments (DCIs) and techniques, Developing Guidelines for Focus Group Discussion (FGD), Preparation for Field Investigation, Pretest of DCIs, FGD guidelines in consultation with the bti authority.|
|Phase – II|
|Development of Data gathers, monitoring and supervision of the work of field data collection, Development of Tabulation and Data Analysis, Plan and techniques, Field Data Collection.|
Phase – III
Collection of field in DCIs, coding and code verification, Editing Data, Data Computation, Analysis of Data and Preparation of Tables and prepare graphical presentation, submission of tables and reports to proper authority
Data Collection Instruments:
In conducting this study-work, interviewing method will be used for data collection, while a checklist would enable to record direct observation. A combination of structured and unstructured interview schedules would help generate information for this study. Along with interviewing techniques Focus Group Discussion technique will also be used to approach the various issues to assess and to generalize information within a very short period of time.
The following Table gives a preliminary description of type of data needed, sources of data and instruments to be used for collecting data
Data Collection Techniques
Written Questionnaire, Focus Group Discussion
Guideline for FGD
|Focus Group Discussion||Guideline for FGD|
The proposed work plan is presented in next table. The plan shows detail tasks, their inter-relationship and time requirement to complete the task.
|1||Mobilization of study team|
|2||Determination of data requirements and data specification|
|3||Determination of sources primary and secondary data|
|4||Design & preparation of questionnaire/ schedule for data collection, guideline for FGD|
|5||Pre-testing of data collection instrument|
|6||Finalizing of questionnaire, checklist, guide for data collection|
|7||Reproduction of questionnaire & tools|
|8||Collection of primary data interviewing & FGD|
|9||Editing, completion & analysis of collected information|
|10||Preparation of the draft of he final report|
|11||Submission of the draft report|
|12||Incorporation of contents, suggestion and preparation and printing of the final report|
|13||Submission of the final report|
Data Collection and Analysis:
In the light of variables, data collection tools and techniques discussed above, a general format will be prepared for gathering data related to effectiveness of the study work, a special format will be devised for assessment of all required information.
Major analysis of the problems
6.0 Major analysis of the problem: From the analysis of the observation, face to face interview and answering of questionnaire some factors are found of the HR practices and employee satisfaction. Mainly the outcomes of the analysis are mention in the report. 99 employees of building technology and ideas ltd. were selected for this study work. Among them all were be observed minutely at their work in different times in different condition and situation. All of them were interviewed in course of time with individual and common questionnaire. Written answer sheet was also collected from the interviewees under multiple-choice system. The three instruments of data collection in this regard were:
- Face to face Interview
- Answering of questionnaire
I have observed the employees during entering office, at individual work, at group work, at meeting, at lunch, at tea break, at departure from office. Several and most of the conditions I have noticed and observed deeply and minutely. This observation continued through out the tenure. All the participants were informed properly about the study work. So that I might have the actual result and picture of expression. The main observations are as follows:
- Out of total 150 employees, 65 persons work at head/ corporate office. Rest 85 employees are in project area in the different parts of the metropolis.
- At head/corporate office more than 95% employees enter in due time.
- More than 97% employees take tea and read newspaper before starting daily activities.
- Computer is used by almost 80% employees at head/corporate office.
- A strong Chain of Command was found.
- Decisions are mostly centralized.
- There are nine different departments with individual activities.
- A strong and prominent networking was found.
- Employees seemed to be sincere at work.
- Only head of departments are entitled for transportation.
- Salaries are found regular.
- Employees are strongly discouraged to take loan from office.
- Management appreciates employee’s participation of different extra training & courses.
- Management wishes birthday and participate in marriage ceremony of the employees.
- Senior colleagues are found average helpful.
- Head of departments are found extra attentive & caring to the top management.
- Top management is rigid for the junior employees.
- There is prominent sub-culture is found under formal office culture.
- Interaction among employees is found intimate and informal and friendly.
- Grouping in junior employees are found.
- For some marketing and project development dept. incentive is paid on performance.
- Employees seem to be easy and homely at office.
- Employees wear regular and formal dresses.
- Meetings are found not so participative.
- Dept. heads are found as typical manager.
- Employees work here keeping in mind that it is a private company.
- Employees are found at work even after regular office time.
- Besides clients a good number of people visit this office for different purposes.
- Dept. heads are entitled to go abroad once in year at office expenses.
- Heads organize dept. wise regular dinner party for colleagues.
- Management organize grand yearly get together
- Management organizes a ceremony for each handover programme of each project.
- Office pays a subsidy at the everyday lunch for the employees.
- More than 50% employees have passed 8 years in this company of 12 and ½ years.
- More than 75% employees have passed 5 years.
- More than 90% employees have passed 3 years.
- Regular promotion, yearly increment and bonus are paid on rules.
- Employees get other helps and supports from the company.
- Most of the employees feel this is their own.
- Employees are found very much respectful to seniors and top management.
- All stakeholders are found more or less happy with the company.
- Employees are found as flexible, sincere and punctual.
- Management is found rigid in much advertisement and propaganda.
- Top management shares ideas twice a month with all employees by turn
- Most of the employees are found below 40 years of age.
- More than 70% employees are within 36 years of age.
- Employees are recruited through competitive examination followed by viva voce.
- No nepotism and no favour for selecting any employee.
- Employees are seemed to be confident about the company.
- Employees enjoy Friday as holiday.
- Employees are entitled to have about 30 days leave in a year.
- Site or project work schedule is quite different from head office.
- Every site has a particular working schedule.
- In every site there are Site-Engr., Asst. Engr., Project Accountant & Site Asst.
- Site deals with the workers, contractors and head office.
- Site has a close relation with marketing, purchase and engineering dept.
- Site Engr. Works as the site in charge.
- Site employees are dependent on head office.
- There is a scope for site employees to be promoted.
- Site is inspected by head office regularly.
- Site employees are comparatively seemed to be happier than head office employee.
- Every site is being managed tactfully and with consent of head office.
- Site employees are used to hard working, they are convinced and manageable.
- Site employees enjoy holiday by turn once in week.
- Every sites work as big store of finishing materials.
- Site Engr. reports to Manager-Engineering.
- Newspaper and tea is provided in each site.
- Every site has an entertainment budget.
- There is scope of corruption in site.
- Time is not well managed in sites.
- Site is not self-sufficient.
- The main key-force of site is labor.
- Site is to face various types of obstacle.
- Site cannot provide instant decision. It depends on head office.
- Sites welcome all prospective buyers.
- All trainee executives visit different sites regularly.
- Prospective landowners also visit the sites.
- Sites are not well equipped for sale of apartments.
- Actually sites and head office are closely interlinked and inter-dependent.
- Management is so far seems to be very caring about the employees.
- Employees seem to be treated as a family member of bti.
- Management puts greatest emphasis on selection of human resources.
- Management believes in long-term relation with all the employees.
- Management cares its all existing clients and landowners very whole-heartedly.
- Of course clients also pay a lot of to bti.
- Management interested to distribute power in different level of employees.
- Still top management is aware of each employee.
- Management is found resourceful, wise, matured and dynamic.
The methods, questions of face to face interview and answering of questionnaire are includes in the appendix part of this report.
Findings of the study
Findings from the Study:
From observation, face-to-face interview and multiple choice option based questionnaire some general findings came up with which are as follows:
- bti is a large organization with some sister concerns. In short time it is going to be a group of companies.
- Out of tota150 employees, 99 persons were selected for the purpose of study.
- Employees are found devoted to the company with very minor negativity.
- Employees receive different salary based on performance not on designations.
- Employees are found regular, systematic and work-lover.
- Employees have full and whole-hearted respect and support for the management.
- Management seems to be resourceful and matured enough.
- Management helps/ greets/ pays and supports its employees.
- Management allows extra leave and loan for the employees.
- Employees seem to be satisfied with the company with very minor negativity.
- Employees seem to be honored for working in this company.
- Employees are found self-respected and confident of their respective works.
- Employees are trained up to do all activities of the departments.
- Employees are found very much aware of company’s image and goodwill.
- Employees are department based. Very minor scope of transfer in other departments.
- Top management tries to be informed about all the employees through dept. heads regularly, especially in the time of increment.
- Salary, bonus, incentives are found very regular and in time.
- Employees are found feeling for the company.
- Employees are found appreciating of the work environment.
- Most of the employees want to continue with the company.
- Employees feel that work volume is not high in this company.
- Employees feel accountability is high but it is not felt necessary.
- Employees appreciate highly tea, lunch and others provided by the management.
- Employees are found to believe that management would help them when it is needed.
- Employees are found very participative in the study work.
- Management put emphasis on employee’s family background in selection.
- Management wants all employees as good human being.
- Management is found less interested in much advertisement.
- Employees praise management, work-environment and colleagues.
- Maximum employees feel a sense of security in this company.
- This basically a one-man based company.
- Employees have the option to place opinion
- Generally there is no recruitment in the senior positions.
- Promotion is absolutely merit basis like salary.
- Top management does not interfere in all details usually.
- Dept. heads have authority mostly on all the issues in department.
- Company takes place in various events management in home and abroad.
- It is a technologically advanced company.
- Supervision level of all activities is very prominent.
- Generally top management shares with employees as and when necessary.
- Management provides general gifts to employees occasionally and even repeatedly.
- This management never becomes hot and angry instantly. It finds the reality.
- This is an employee-supported management.
Analysis of these findings:
- Out of total 150 employees 99 persons were recruited for the research of different educational and family background, different designations, different salaries and of course of different ages.
- Most of the employees are found as good human beings as well as efficient.
- Management is so far realized very cooperative and supportive and logical.
- More than 71% employees (70 persons) are not happy with the salary.
- More than 98% employees (97 persons) are happy with the work environment
- 100% employees appreciate office time and leave arrangement.
- 100 % employees are very much optimistic regarding the bright future of the company.
- 100% employees think management as real and fit and dynamic and logical.
- 100% employees believe this is an exceptionally good management of the company.
- 100% employees believe them secured both in financially and in support from management (though they are not satisfied with the salary).
- 100% employees believe they are in the best real estate company of the country.
- 100% employees believe their colleagues as better than him / her.
- 100% employees are found aware of goodwill of the company.
Measurement of employee satisfaction:
From the analysis of the problems and data and also analysis from the finding of the study it is clear that employee satisfaction of building technology and ideas ltd are satisfactory and it is depend on various elements like salary, working environment and activities etc. It is important to determine the employee satisfaction for the improvement of task and workings because better the employee satisfaction the greater the outcomes of the organization.
Conclusions and Recommendations
The aim of the study was to observe different condition related to employees of the organization. The key factors of the condition were salary, work-environment, dealings with colleagues, boss, management tone, organizational culture, organizational nature and some hidden matters or issues related to employees and management of the organization.
There were four edges of the conditions for evaluating:
- Better salary and better work-environment
- Better salary but bad work-environment
- Less salary but better work-environment
- Less salary and bad work-environment
The study discloses that employees want competitive salary, congenial work environment, good management with top management’s support & inter-action, scope of presenting own views, cooperative colleagues, future safety, company in right path, regular merit based promotion, increment & bonuses, expansion of company, increasing of goodwill of the company, management’s support and services, management’s values for the employees and management’s sharing in personal or social occasions. On the other hand management wants good human being as employees who want to learn always. Management wants employees to be efficient, polite, obedient, loyal, truthful, devoted to work, honest, sincere and satisfied.
The research says finally that, employees are dissatisfied with low salary and want to switch over for bad work environment. And satisfied with high salary with better work environment. But employees of this organization still getting average salary but very much happy and highly satisfied due to only having better work-environment. This is the bottom line of the entire study work.
- Management of organization should select good human being for employment. In this context, educational, family and social background should be considered.
- Management should pay a competitive salary, bonus, and increment in time.
- Management should provide effective training to all its employees.
- Management should evaluate employees on merit, experience & efficiency basis.
- Management should be friendly, supportive & cooperative to its employees.
- Management should consider its employees as soul of the organization.
- Management should extend all its possible facilities to its employees.
- Management should follow chain of command strictly.
- Management should take action after full and through investigation.
- Management should not accept any unethical events.
- Management should believe in poetic justice.
- Management should organize events for interaction among the employees.
- Management should look after always the work environment for its betterment
- Management should provide congenial and soothing work environment.
i)Face to face Interview:
After observation the company, management, employees and procedures I have concentrated on face-to-face interview. 99 employees are being interviewed with a preset bundle of questions. The asked questions are as follows:
- What’s your name?
- What is your educational background?
- How long you are been in this company?
- What is your present designation?
- What is your take-home now?
- Do you enjoy your activities?
- How you feel your colleagues?
- What you think of your company?
- How do you feel of your company?
- Do you want to say something about your top management?
- Have you ever got any extra favor from your management?
- Have you received any amount of loan from your company?
- Do you think company would help you in genuine case if required?
- To what degree you can depend on the company?
- What you want to say about your office time?
- What you think about leave and holidays of your office?
- What you realize about different event-management of your company?
- How management treats your different occasions?
- Do you say something five positive sides of your management?
- Do you say something five negative sides of your management?
- How is your work environment?
- Do you face bossing at your office?
- Do you think you are still learning from management?
- Do you think your management is honest, committed to quality and professional?
- Do you think your management is truthful and sincerer?
- What you think about the future of your company?
- Do you think management can cheat you?
- How you realize your management?
- Have you any plan to switch over somewhere else?
Based on above-mentioned questions a face-to-face interview is completed. Among 99 employees there was 89 persons were male and the rest 10 persons are women. The answers are now considered on analysis based.
In answer of question no. 1 Everyone said his or her name.
In answer of question no. 2 Masters of various subjects or Engineering.
In answer of question no. 3 From 01 to 12 years.
In answer of question no. 4 Executive/manager/head of dept. of different level.
In answer of question no. 5 From Tk.5000/- to 65,000/- per month.
In answer of question no. 6 Yes / Very much / Of course / 100% / partly.
In answer of question no. 7 Helpful / Friendly / Supportive / Well-wisher / Real.
In answer of question no. 8 Reputed / Established / Good / Renowned / Big.
In answer of question no. 9 Umbrella / Dignity / Identity / Protection.
In answer of question no. 10 Wise / Resourceful / Matured / Supportive / Fit.
In answer of question no. 11 Leave / Loan / Recommendation / Gifts.
In answer of question no. 12 Yes / No.
In answer of question no. 13 Of course as when necessary / Definitely / Confused
In answer of question no. 14 Fully / 100% / Completely / Not really / Partly.
In answer of question no. 15 Ok / typical / long hours / don’t care / Needed.
In answer of question no. 16 Ok / Satisfactory / Acceptable / Not much.
In answer of question no. 17 Prestigious / Hard job / Participative / required.
In answer of question no. 18 Greets / Support / Organize / Participate.
In answer of question no. 19 Best / Caring / Helpful / Supportive / Disciplined.
In answer of question no. 20 Bad management / Hard / …………………….
In answer of question no. 21 Nice / Excellent / Typical / Better / Good / Bad.
In answer of question no. 22 Not really / No bossing / high bossing / Not at all.
In answer of question no. 23 Yes / Of course / Sometimes / No / Regularly.
In answer of question no. 24 Yes / 100% / Definitely / Not really / Sometimes.
In answer of question no. 25 Yes / Not all time / I believe so / Certainly.
In answer of question no. 26 Group of companies / International / Closed.
In answer of question no. 27 Not at all / Never / In some case / Yes / I don’t think
In answer of question no. 28 Fine / Positive / Helpful / Caring / Bad / Average.
In answer of question no. 29 Own business / Yes / Better option / No / Never.
ii) Answering of Questionnaire
A formatted questionnaire was served among the 99 employees for written answering based on multiple-choice option. 100% participant submitted the questionnaire after completion of answering. No hints or suggestion was given for fulfilling the questionnaire. It was just said to fill in it up. We put emphasis on the matter that which condition and requirement are more desirable to an employee. It might be better work environment, it might be higher salary, it might be combination of both or it might be one with other and vice versa. Employees were also requested not to discuss with other or consult to seniors. The answer % is given by the side of options. The questionnaire was as follows:
Are you satisfied on your salary?
- Yes 09%
- No 71%
- Of course 09%
- I deserve more 11%
Do you feel honor for doing job in this company?
- Yes 98%
- Of course 02%
- Not all times 00%
- In time to time 00%
Do you think your seniors are more qualified than you?
- Yes 68%
- No 03%
- Not at all 00%
- I think so 29%
What is your opinion about sustaining of your company?
- Sustain for long 68%
- It is questionable 00%
- Will sustain logically 32%
- Will not sustain for long 00%
How you feel when personal visitors come to your work place?
- I feel ashamed of 00%
- I cannot entertain 00%
- Visitors feel no hesitation 11%
- I feel pride because it’s a good environment 89%
Do you think yourself as an important part of the company?
- Yes 72%
- Not always 03%
- In sometimes 02%
- I believe so 23%
How you find your controlling officer?
- Very good 65%
- Supportive 34%
- Bad 00%
- Non cooperative 01%
I cannot be Boss suddenly, because –
- This is not logical and proper way to be promoted 50%
- I need to be fit for the post first 40%
- Now I don’t deserve the position 09%
- CEO will not allow me for this position now 01%
If I have been promoted to my boss’s position –
- I will do what my boss was failed to do 02%
- I will be more effective in taking decision 13%
- May be I will follow my boss’s example 85%
- I will do whatever I would like to do. 00%
Do you think the management evaluates you properly?
- I believe so 89%
- Yes 11%
- No 00%
- Not always 00%
Are you sure your management is honest and committed to quality?
- I am sure 97%
- Yes 03%
- No 00%
- I am not sure 00%
Your working time shares with?
- Boring time 00%
- Amusement 89%
- Support from colleagues 11%
- Disliking 00%
When I fail to get my boss?
- I ask him and try to be cleared his instruction 98%
- I fear to ask him second time the same thing 00%
- I want to avoid my boss 00%
- I instantly say ‘Pardon, would you tell me again sir’ 02%
For any misunderstanding with colleagues?
- I go to him and try to solve the miscommunication. 91%
- I wait when my colleague will come to me to say sorry 02%
- I take it as mistake and try to solve it as soon as possible 06%
- I don’t care. Lets see what happens. 01%
You think the most important thing in work is –
- Work-nature 01%
- Work-environment 97%
- Pay-package 01%
- Supportive boss 01%
Company pays you –
- Salary 11%
- Better work-environment 85%
- Honor and safety 04%
- Nothing, company only takes from me 00%
Have you felt company did injustice on any employee?
- No and never 99%
- I have never noticed 01%
- Several times 00%
- In some cases 00%
Is your company in top ten real estate companies?
- I believe so 02%
- No 00%
- It is no. one real estate company 98%
- May be 00%
What is said by your associates of the company?
- Management is matured and do work properly with rules 96%
- Management honors associates highly 04%
- It is a company with typical management like other one 00%
- Associates never make positive example of this company 00%
- DeCenzo David A and Robbins Stephen P., Fundamentals of Human Resource Management – 8th Edition.
- Koontz Weihrich, Management – 11th edition.
- Kotler Philip, Marketing Management – 12th edition.
- Jacobs Chase Aquilano, Operation Management – 8th edition.
- Newstrom John W and Davis Keith, Organizational Behavior – 11th edition.
- Dessler Gary, Human Resources Management – 10th edition.
- Szilagyi, Management & Performance – 2nd edition.
- 8. Embose Thomas J. Vonder, Supervision (Managerial Skill for a New Era).
- Smith Shawn and Mazin Rebecca, The HR Answer Book.
10. Sullivan William R., Entrepreneur (Human Recourses For Small Business)
11. Sources of Internet.
12. Company web site.
Related Architecture Paper:
Popular Architecture Paper:
CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION General: The chief task of the structural engineer is the design of structures. The single most important characteristics of any structural member is its actual strength, which must be large enough to resist, with some margin to spare, all foreseeable loads that may act on .....
Chapter-1 ORIGIN OF THE REPORT Introduction Residence is one of the basic needs of human beings. The right to live in one’s own is a fundamental right of people and it is internationally recognized. The demand of housing in urban areas in developing countries like Bangladesh is dramatically inc.....
INTRODUCTION General: When a slab is supported directly on columns, without beams and girders, it is called a flat plate slab. Although thicker and more heavily reinforced than slabs in beam and girder construction, flat plate slabs are advantageous because they offer no obstruction to passage of.....
This is a Questionnaire format for Building Materials and Construction purpose. Here create various preliminary questions for Building Materials point of view. questions are focus on Gypsum, metamorphic rock, quartitze, Sandstone, granite, rubble masonry etc related. Also create questions .....
Introduction The real estate and housing sector is one of the main drivers of any national economic development and industrialisation. In Bangladesh the real estate has emerged as a critical sector of our economy. It has a huge multiplier effect on the economic activities and therefore, is a big .....