Major Features of the Internet:
1. The world wide web.
5. File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
6. Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
The World Wide Web
- The World wide web is a part of the internet, which supports hypertext documents, allowing users to view and nevigate different types of data.
- A web page is a document encoded with hypertext markup language (HTML) tags.
- HTML allows designers to link content together via hyperlinks.
- Every web page has an address ,a uniform resource locator (URL).
- Electronic mail (e-mail) is the most popular reason people use the Internet.
- To create, send, and receive e-mail messages you need an e-mail program and an account on an Internet mail server with a domain name.
- To use e-mail, a user must have an e-mail address, which you create by adding your user name to the e-mail create by adding your user name to the e-mail server’s domain name, as in email@example.com.
- One Internet based service called news, includes tens of thousands of newsgroups.
- Each newsgroup hosts discussions on a specific topic. A newsgroups a some indicated its users special topic of interest, such as alt.food.cake.
- To participate in a newsgroup, you need a news-reader program hat.left you read articles that have been posted on a news server. You can post articles for others to read and respond to.
- Telnet is a specialized service that lets you use one computer to access the contents of another computer a telnet host.
- A telnet program creates a “ Window” into the host so you can access files, issue commands, and exchange data.
- Telnet is widely used by libraries to allow visitors to look up information, find articles and so on.
File transfer protocol
- File Transfer protocol (FTP) is the internet tool used to copy files from one computer to another.
- Using a special FTP program or a web browser, you can log into an ETP host Computer over the internet and copy files on to your computer.
- FTP is handy for finding and copying software files, articles and other types of data. Universities and software companies use FTP servers to provide visitors with access to data.
Internet Relay chat (IRC)
- Internet Relay chat (IRC) is a service that allows users to communicate in real time by typing text in a special window.
- Like news, there are hundreds of IRC “channel” each devoted to a subject or user group.
- You can use a special IRC program to participate in chat room discussions but many chat rooms are set up in web sites, enabling visitors to chat directly in their browser window.
Related Computer Paper:
Popular Computer Paper:
Status Update in Facebook is an innovative offering which will integrate the three most demanding sources of communication of modern life-Face book, Twitter and Cell Phone. By utilizing this service the subscribers will have the privilege to record their status and update it in their profile. Thu.....
Major Features of the Internet: 1. The world wide web. 2. E-mail. 3. News 4. Telnet 5. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) 6. Internet Relay Chat (IRC) The World Wide Web The World wide web is a part of the internet, which supports hypertext documents, allowing users to view and nevigate different types.....
Introduction Apple was founded by Steven Jobs and Stephen Wozniak in 1976; Apple Computer Company revolutionized the personal computer industry and epitomized the rise of clean industry in the New West. Located in the Santa Clara Valley, in California, the company’s first product was the Ap.....
1.1 Introduction Of This Project: www.primejute.com is a web site that gives overall information about Prime Jute Mills LTD. Since modern age of science is indirectly is an age of computer. It is essential to utilize online c.....
As the number of products being sold online increases, it is becoming increasingly difficult for customers to make purchasing decisions based on only pictures and short product descriptions. On the other hand, customer reviews, particularly the text describing the features, comparisons and experi.....