Prevention of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease prevention of hypertension.
Prevention of Ischemic heart disease (IHD)
- To strengthen the diagnosis, prevention and control of streptococcal sore throat rheumatic ever, rheumatic heart disease, ischemic heart disease and hypertensive heart disease.
2. To find out the prevalence and incidence of streptococcal sore throat
3. Increase the awareness about the prevention and control of rheumatic fever, rheumatic heart disease, and hypertension ischemic heart disease.
4. Extend the activities in medical colleges and at concerned district level.
|Name of the Institution||:||National Centre for Control of rheumatic fever and Heart Disease.|
|Location||:||Sher-e-Bangla Nagor, Dhaka|
|Type of organization||:||Government|
|Year of establishment||:||1st November, 1988|
|Date of visit||:||12.07.04|
(A) Clinical activities :
- early diognosis of sore throat caused by streptococcus group A Beta haemolyticus.
- Provide Medical treatment of the patients of rheumatic heart disease.
- Provide treatment of rheumatic fever.
- It also provides treat to the patients of ischemic heart disease and hypertensive heart disease.
(B) Laboratory Facilities:
- Immunological tests; eg-Anti streptolysin-o titer (ASO)
- ECG, ECHO cardiogram
(C) Academic activities :
- The institute conducts orientation classes for under graduate medical students.
- The institute provides training programmes for post graduate medical students, nurses, paramedics, health works of Govt. institutions & NGO’s.
* By preventive and promotive services, this institution has been able to reduce incidence of rheumatic fever and it’s complication.
* The institute has also advanced a lot in the field of treatment of complications of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease.
- The centre is unable to expand its activities to the people of the whole country.
- Lack of financial and other support interrupt its Functions.
- There is no inpatient department.
Personal observation :
In my opinion, NCCRF and HD has good environmental condition and has modern equipment. The organization should try to expand its activities to all parts of the country.
This organization has a motto and that is, prevention and control of Rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease. The people of Bangladesh are vulnerable to this disease especially children. So to save our future generation Government as well as others non-government organization should work co-operatively and cordially in the control of this dreadful disease.
Related Medical Paper:
Popular Medical Paper:
Forensic Medicine and Toxicology Medical Ethics Definition: Medical ethics may be defined as the moral principles, which guide the members of medical profession in course of their practice of medicine & their dealings with their patient, other members of the profession & with the state. M.....
A. Background Drug abuse directly influences the economic and social aspects of a country. In Bangladesh it is a growing national concern. There are millions of drug-addicted people in Bangladesh and most of them are young, between the ages of 18 and 30. And they are from all strata of the societ.....
Introduction: In recent years Drug Addiction has significantly increased in Bangladesh. This agent of human devastation has spread its tentacles worldwide and also in our country. Every intelligent and humane person in the world, society and international organizations such as the UN and WHO are .....
Introduction: The administration of primary healthcare by the Bangladesh Government is carried out through a suprisingly extensive infrratructure of facilities within each of the 64 districts. The districts are divided into 460 papila(sub districts) which are subdivided into unions. Each unio.....
Abstract: Objective :To find out proportion ,types of congenital anomalies at birth , immediate outcome of anomalous baby and associated maternal risk factors . Design : An observational study . Place and duration of the study : This study was carried out in the department of Obstetrics and gyn.....