Prevention of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease prevention of hypertension.
Prevention of Ischemic heart disease (IHD)
- To strengthen the diagnosis, prevention and control of streptococcal sore throat rheumatic ever, rheumatic heart disease, ischemic heart disease and hypertensive heart disease.
2. To find out the prevalence and incidence of streptococcal sore throat
3. Increase the awareness about the prevention and control of rheumatic fever, rheumatic heart disease, and hypertension ischemic heart disease.
4. Extend the activities in medical colleges and at concerned district level.
|Name of the Institution||:||National Centre for Control of rheumatic fever and Heart Disease.|
|Location||:||Sher-e-Bangla Nagor, Dhaka|
|Type of organization||:||Government|
|Year of establishment||:||1st November, 1988|
|Date of visit||:||12.07.04|
(A) Clinical activities :
- early diognosis of sore throat caused by streptococcus group A Beta haemolyticus.
- Provide Medical treatment of the patients of rheumatic heart disease.
- Provide treatment of rheumatic fever.
- It also provides treat to the patients of ischemic heart disease and hypertensive heart disease.
(B) Laboratory Facilities:
- Immunological tests; eg-Anti streptolysin-o titer (ASO)
- ECG, ECHO cardiogram
(C) Academic activities :
- The institute conducts orientation classes for under graduate medical students.
- The institute provides training programmes for post graduate medical students, nurses, paramedics, health works of Govt. institutions & NGO’s.
* By preventive and promotive services, this institution has been able to reduce incidence of rheumatic fever and it’s complication.
* The institute has also advanced a lot in the field of treatment of complications of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease.
- The centre is unable to expand its activities to the people of the whole country.
- Lack of financial and other support interrupt its Functions.
- There is no inpatient department.
Personal observation :
In my opinion, NCCRF and HD has good environmental condition and has modern equipment. The organization should try to expand its activities to all parts of the country.
This organization has a motto and that is, prevention and control of Rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease. The people of Bangladesh are vulnerable to this disease especially children. So to save our future generation Government as well as others non-government organization should work co-operatively and cordially in the control of this dreadful disease.