Main purpose of this report is to analysis Electronic banking services, here focus on Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited. Other objectives are to know about Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited operational activities this is based on Islami Shariah and to know the electronic banking procedures of Shahjalal Islami Bank. Finally SWOT analysis based on Electronic banking Services and identify the customer service of SJIBL.
Shahajalal Islami Bank Limited is a private commercial bank, which is The 6th Islamic Shariah based bank in Bangladesh. The Bank started its operation on 10th May 2001; now it has 33 branches in Bangladesh. All branches are situated in the highly demanded areas.
Shahjalal Islami Bank believes in moral and material development at the same time. “Interest” or “Usury” has not been appreciated and accepted by the “Quaran” Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited avoids “interest” in all its transactions and provides all available modern banking services to its clients and want to contribute in both moral and material development of human being. The bank provides a broad range of financial services to its customer and corporate clients.
Shajalal Islami Bank now connected with electronic services. They provides lots of splendid services such as ATM service that customer can get their money from anywhere as their desire or whenever need. The most attractive feature of Shajalal bank is that Shajalal bank operates their online banking which is easiest and suitable for customer as well as bank officer. People can send or receive money within very short time.
As a new bank, Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited has been competing with other private banks where all the banks are adopting different incentive programs to attract the customers. Accordingly, SJIBL is offering high quality electronic service & different type of deposit schemes bearing highest rate of return. Which most popular offers that is completely new innovation in the banking sector and widely accepted by the clients.
Objective of the Study: There have two types of objective
The main objectives of the study are:
- To find out the reality in the practical life.
- To fulfill the requirement for the completion of BBA program.
The Secondary objectives of this report are:
- To develop the practical knowledge by the practical orientation of work.
- To build up the pillar of the career for near future.
- To know about Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited (SJIBL) operational activities this is based on Islami Shariah.
- To know the electronic banking procedures of Shahjalal Islami Bank Ltd.
- To identify the customer service of SJIBL.
Scope of the study
Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited (SJIBL) is now well growing and it’s containing thirty three branches in Dhaka, Sylhet, and Chittagong. The scope of the study will be limited to the organizational setup, function and operation of the SJIBL in the Bangladesh. This report mainly encompasses the performance of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited in comparison the E – Banking. For the purpose of my internship program, I am working in the Dhnmondi Branch at SJIBL and this provides me the way to get myself familiarized with banking environment. I have an opportunity to gather experience by working in different departments of the Branch.
Methodology of the Study
Different data and information are required to meet the goal of this report. Those data and information were collected from various sources, such as, primary and secondary which is showed below:
Primary Sources of Data:
- Personal observation.
- Face to face conversation of the officers.
- Face to face conversation of the client.
- Working at different desks of the bank.
Secondary Sources of Data:
- File study.
- Statement of affairs.
- Bank Rate sheet.
- Progress report of the Bank.
Historical Background of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited.
Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited is based on Islamic Shariah. SJIBL is named after the name of a saint Hajrat Shahjalal (R) who dedicated his life for the cause of peace in this world and hereafter and served the humanity. It was incorporated as a Public limited company on 1st April 2001 under companies Act 1994. It started its Banking operation on May 10, 2001 with the 1st branch (main branch) opened at 58, dilkusha C/A, Dhaka obtaining the license of Bangladesh Bank, for enlistment of economic condition of its customers as well as to contribute sustainable economic growth and development in trade and industry of the country. Its corporate head quarter is situated at 10 Dilkusha C/A, Jiban Bima Bhaban, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh. Now it has 26 branches, 13 branches are in Dhaka and rest 13 branches are in Chittagong, Sylhet and Gazipur. The sponsors of SJIBL are leading business personalities and renowned industrialist of the country. Now this bank has paid up capital – 46.83 million and No. Of Directors – 13 (source Internet).
The objective of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited is not only to earn profit but also to keep the social commitment and to ensure its co-operation to the person of all level, to the businessmen, industrialist specially who are engaged in establishing large scale industry by consortium and the agro-based export oriented medium and small scale industries by self inspiration.
SJIBL is always ready to maintain the highest quality of services by upgrading banking technology in management and by applying high standard of business ethics through its established commitment and heritage.
Vision and Mission
- To provide quality services to customers.
- To set high standards of integrity.
- To extends customers innovation services acquiring state-of-the-art technology blended with Islamic Principles, and being total satisfaction to our clients and employees.
- To expand Islamic banking throughout welfare oriented banking system.
- Ensure equity and justice in economic activities.
- Extend financial assistance to poorer section of the people.
- Achieve balance growth and equitable development
General Banking Divisions:
Following four sections of Dhanmondi Branch works together to fulfill the target of this organization.
- Account opening Department
- Remittance Department
- Cash Department
- Accounts Department
Deposit Mobilization of SJIBL:
Bank account is a contractual relationship between a bank and the customers. It is the best way for a customer to build relationship with the bank. Like interest-based conventional banks, the main function of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited (SJIBL) is to mobilize saving and provide financial support to the entrepreneurs. Depositors receive interest in a predetermined rate for their deposits with an interest based banks, where SJIBL neither pay not receive interest and mobilizes saving of the common people in line with Islamic Shariah. Same principle of deposit mobilization is followed at Dhanmondi Branch.
Various forms of Deposit accounts:
- Al – Wadiah Current Deposit (AC)
- Mudarabah Savings Deposit (MSD)
- Short – Notice Deposit (SND)
Al – Wadiah Current Deposit (ACD)
The words ‘Al – Wadiah’ have been derived from the Arabic word ‘Wada’ ‘yun’ which means to keep /to give up/ Amanat. As per Shariah., Amanat means to keep something (goods/ money/ others) to any reliable person / institution for safe and secured preservation of the same keeping its ownership unchanged and which will be returned to the owner on demand as it is/in original shape.
Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited Dhanmondi Branch receives deposits in its Al – Wadia Current Account. It has some similarity with the current account of conventional bank. In the process of opening Al-Wadiah Deposit, the bank gets approval of the depositors regarding the use of the deposited money and earns profit out of their development. Any losses incurred by way of such investment are totally borne by the bank. Thus, the depositors don’t take the risk of losses with Al-Wadiah Current Deposit; they also don’t expect any profit from it. Depositors are provided with cheque book. They can withdraw or deposit any amount as and when they like. Bank may charge a fee in the account. Al-Wadiah Deposit is short terms and very uncertain, thus banks have to be very useful in the investment of money from this account.
General Documentation requirements for opening a (ACD):
a) For an Individual Customer:
- Copy the passport, if available or Employer’s Certificate or Commissioner’s Certificate or Letter of Introduction by a person accepted to the Bank.
- TIN Certificate, if applicable.
- Two recent passport size photographs duly attested by the Introducer.
b) For Sole Proprietorship:
- Copy of Trade License.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the proprietor/Signatory duly attested by the Introducer.
- Copy of the passport the proprietor/Signatory, if available Commissioner’s/Chairman’s Certificate or Letter of Introduction by a person accepted to the Bank.
- TIN certificate.
c) For Partnership:
- Copy of Partnership Deed of the Firm.
- List of Partners with their address and phone number.
- Copy of Trade License.
- Extract of Resolution of the Partners of the Firm for opening the account and authorization for its operation duly certified by the managing Partner of the Firm.
- For Registered Partnership, Certificate of Registration of the Firm along with duly certified copy of the Partnership Deed.
- Two recent passport size photographs of each Partner/Signatory duly attested by the Introducer.
- Copy of Passport of each Partner/Signatory, if available or Commissioner’s/Chairman’s Certificate or Letter of Introduction by a person acceptable to the Bank.
- TIN Certificate.
d) Private & Public Limited Company
- Certified true copy of the Memorandum and Article Association of the Company.
- Certified true copy of Certificate of Incorporation of the Company.
- Certificate true copy of Certificate of Commencement of Business of the Company in case of Public Limited Company.
- Latest list of Directors with address and phone number along with Form XII.
- Extracts of duly adopted Resolution of the Board of Directors of the Company for opening the Account and authorization for its operation duly certified by the Chairman/Managing Director of the Company.
- Copy of Trade License.
- Two recent size photographs of each signatory duly attested by the introducer.
- Copy of the passport of each signatory, if available or Commissioner’s/Chairman’s
- Certificate or Letter of Introduction by a person acceptable to the Bank.
- TIN Certificate.
Mudaraba saving Deposit (MSD):
The word ‘Mudaraba’ derived from the Arabic word ‘Darb’ / ‘Darbun’ which means movement to earn Rahmat (Munafa) of Allah. Mudaraba is a form of partnership where one of the contracting parties called the ‘Shaheb-al-Mal’ /’ ‘Rabbul-Mal’ who provide and act as sleeping partner while other party called the ‘Mudarib’ who manage / use the fund efficiently to earn maximum profit.
Mudaraba Saving Deposit (MSD) is open by the lower and middle people who wish to save a part of their incomes to meet their future need intend to earn an income from their savings. It aims at encouraging savings of non-trading persons(s), institution(s), society, etc. by depositing small amount of money in the bank.
Restriction on withdrawals and deposit:
- The number of withdrawals over a period of time is limited. Two withdrawals per week are permitted. But more than that no interest will be paid on rest amount for that month.
- The total amount of one or more withdrawal on any date should not exceed 25% of the in the accounts unless 7 (seven) days advance notice is given.
- The customer may deposit any amount in the savings bank account subject to a minimum of Tk.2000/- in the account.
Payment of Profit:
Dhanmondi branch of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited gave 5.5% profit at 2007 on Mudaraba Saving Deposit.
Opening a saving account:
For Operating a Mudaraba Saving Deposit account at Dhanmondi Branch following documentation are required
- Two copies of passport size photographs.
- Introductory reference.
- Commissioner’s/Chairman Certificate/ Voter Id Card/ Passport/ Driving License
- Minimum 2000 Tk for deposit.
General Precautions of opening an MSD Account:
After opening an account and before issuing a Cheque book the authorized officer of the branch checks the account operating form and verifies the following information, which were given by the customers.
- Name of the account holder.
- Photos of the account holder.
- Date of opening
- Types of account.
- Present and permanent address
- Name of the nominee and their address.
- Initial deposit
- Specimen signature in the form in the “Specimen signature card”.
Mudaraba Short Notice Deposit (MSND):
As per rule of Dhanmondi btanch of SJIBL also receives term deposit from the clients. The SND account is different from the interest-based banks. It is also a Time Deposit account. The formalities for opening of this account are similar to those required for Al-Wadiah Current Account. The only difference is that seven (7) days notice is required for withdrawal of any sum and profit is paid. The rate of profit for this account is 5%. If the withdrawal on demand is desired, it may be paid subject to the for-feature for the period of notice or the expired of notice.
Different Types of Scheme:
The Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited (SJIBL) is containing some Deposit Scheme, which are the really profitable for bank and customer. The Bank maintains Shariah –based transaction with their customer by different Scheme those are:
- Monthly Deposit Scheme (MDS)
- Mudarah Term Deposit Receipt (MTDR)
- Monthly Income Scheme (MIS)
- Double Benefits Deposit Scheme (DBDS)
- Millionaire Scheme.(MS)
- Hajj scheme.(HS)
Monthly Deposit Scheme (MDS/DPS)
This account open very easy and there are no fixed day to open. Account holders do not need any savings account if he/she directly pays their monthly installment. Account holders carefully complete the MDS form and attests two copies passport size photograph one nominee and other own with form. Account holders can pay advance to continue their installment or can give permanent instruction from his/her savings account. In this term, the account holders are bound to pay Tk.50 for transferred and Tk.5/- for service charge. If the account is close before the maturity then profit will be calculate according to saving rates. If a depositor fails to pay calculate as Savings rate. But for the first six-month no profit will be calculate. Nominee will enjoy the profit will in absence of the accountholder. Depositor will get the profit after the matured according to following table:
|Install. period||Tk. 1,000||Tk. 2,000||Tk. 5,000||Tk. 10,000||Tk. 25,000||Tk. 50,000|
Mudaraba Term Deposit Receipt (MTDR)
It is like a fixed deposit in the conventional banking system but it does not receive or accept interest father, this account give profit and collect deposits. In this mode less than that Tk.1 crore or Tk.1 crore and above can be deposited against client will get non-transferable instrument of equal amount. If a customer withdraw his/her money before one month than he/she will not get any kind of profit. On the other hand, after the matured if client don’t withdraw his/her money than it will be auto renewed with imposed profit for the next days. If a depositor would like to withdraw his profit after six months he/she will get the profit accordance with previous years profit rate. After the announced yearly profit or loss, if bank felt in loss posting then the depositor bound to incur the loss. In absence of account holder the selected nominee will get the money. Account holder bound to bear any kind of tax or excise duty according to government circular. The profit rates of this account are:
|Time of Deposit||Up to Tk. 1(one) crore|
Monthly Income Scheme (MIS)
This scheme is very popular in our country, job retreat people opens this scheme. And which people are not able to do business than they are wanting to safe from risk and they open it. It is the scheme for profit earning. In this account depositor can deposit minimum of Tk. 50,000/- and above. Depositor will get Tk500/ against Tk. 50,000/-. And it is the fixed deposit for 3 (three) years. If the accountholder to want to close his/her account before maturity date than he/she will get profit accordance with savings rate that is 5.5%. In the absence of accountholder, the specified nominee will get the whole benefit. The profit rates of this account are:
|Period of Scheme||Taka Per month||Provisional Rate||Remarks|
|3 Years||Tk.1000/- for one lac||12.00%||Credit Account Number is required|
Double Benefits Deposit Scheme (DPDS)
The Shahjalal Islami Bank Dhanmondi Branch gives the facility to the client by the Islamic Shariah Mudaraba rules and regulations. In this scheme depositors can deposit more than Tk.10, 000 for 6 years and after the maturity date accountholder will receive double than his/her deposited amount. Depositor will get 80% investment facility by deposit the deposit receipt. Bank can invest this amount any sector by the Islamic Shariah rules and regulations. Accountholder are bound to pay any government tax. For opening this account applicant need recent one copy photograph and one copy photograph of nominee. The profit rates of this account are:
|Period of Scheme||Provisional Rate|
It maturity is long than other scheme. Generally this account is designed for children. Here, applicants are the selected people for operating the account on behalf of the accountholder. The depositor should to deposit the account within first 15 days of the month; neither will he/she be designated as debtor to the bank. If 15th date is the off day then the next working day will be schedule date. Accountholder can open more one account this Branch. Depositor will get 80% loan facility against the deposit money. No cheque book will be issued for this account, but the bank will provide deposit book.
The profit rate based on different amount and time are given below:
|Time||Amount Per month||Total Amount And Profit Rate|
|12 years||Tk. 3280/=||Tk.10 Lac|
|15 Years||Tk. 2120/=||Tk.10 Lac|
|20 Years||Tk. 1080/=||Tk.10 Lac|
|25 Years||Tk. 575/=||Tk.10 Lac|
Hajj is compulsory for all who have the ability to attain; at that cause Hajj is important for all. The Muslim people, but many people have the interest but they have no financial ability. Many people achieve the financial ability but at that time they are physically weak. This is why SJIBL created this scheme.
a) Criteria for this scheme:
- Must be age above 18.
- Account holder must be citizen of the Bangladesh.
- Account holder must be need the attested photo with introducer.
- Gradient can maintain their account for the child.
b) Duration of the scheme:
- This account is duration time is 1 year to 25 year.
- 12 monthly schemes within one year.
Cheque Book Issue
Cheque Book is a material to withdraw money from the bank. It is a very convenient way to transact money from one place to another without any accident. If any one opens an account then she/he will apply for a Chequebook on requisition slip. After verifying the signature of the account holder by the officer issues Cheque. Then we will assign numbers to the leaves of the Chequebook and account number in the register book. The account number and branch seal will also be written on every leaf of the Chequebook. Two officers initialize the account number and leaf numbers the issuing officer will also check the register book and initializes it also. Then the Chequebook is delivered to the party after taking the signature on the register book from the party.
Return of the Cheque:
A Cheque may be returned by the following reason:
- Account Closed.
- Insufficient funds.
- Payment stopped.
- Refer to drawer.
- Drawn against uncollected funds.
- Amount in words and figure differ.
- Drawer’s signature differs.
- Alternation requires draw’s full signature.
- Cheque postdated.
- Date incomplete/missing.
- Clearing house stamp missing.
Pay Order (PO):
This is very important instrument of the Bank. Pay Order gives the payee the right to claim payment from the issuing bank. It can be en-cashed from issuing bank only. Unlike Cheque, there is no possibility of dishonoring pay order because before issuing pay order banks takes out the money of the pay order in advance. Pay order cannot be endorsed or crossed and so it is not negotiable instrument. Pay order commission is like this:
|Pay Order Amount (Taka)||Commission And Vat (Taka)|
|Up to 1.00 Lac||50+8=58|
|Up to 5.00 Lac||100+15=115|
|Above 5.00 Lac||150+23=173|
Activities of Cash Department:
Cash department is the most vital department of a bank and it is call blood of a bank. It is a platform to communicate with customers. Cash department receives & pays cash directly.
In the cash department there are following register:
- Vault register
- Cash receive register
- Cash payment register
- Cash balance register
- Rough cash balance book
- Cash remittance register
- Key register
- Cash position memo
There is a procedure of cash in and cash-out from the vault. Also a systematic procedure is maintained for receiving cash through different vouchers and payment against different cheques and vouchers.
Cash is the life of a bank. Different types of from are use for cash deposits for different types of accounts. Cash may be received by the following ways:
- Current of Savings account pay-in-slip
- Credit voucher
- Different types of instrument remittance (TT, DO, PO etc.) are received by respective forms.
- Bills like National Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Share collection
- Different types of scheme
Cash is paid in payment counter against the following instrument:
- Cash debit voucher
- Pay Order, DD etc.
- Bank’s expense also paid to outsider through cash debit voucher.
At the end of the transaction:
- Sum of total received
- Sum up total payment
- Total receiving + Opening balance – Total payment = Closing balance for that day & opening balance for the next day.
- Check it with computer sheet.
- Counting cash.
- Entry the cash balance register.
Write cash position memo with denomination
Sorting and Stitching:
At the end of the day, the amount of cash has to be sorted out in order to identify the different types of notes, say-500, 100, 50, and 20,10,5 and so on. Hundred pieces of any type note create a packet and ten packets make a bundle. In this way, the cash is actually sorted out.
After sorting out the cash, packets are stitched along with a slip bearing the name of the bank, total number of notes and the signature of the cash-in-charge. Two round seals are given at both sides of the packet.
Electronic service provide by the sjibl are:
Shahjalal Islami Bank is computerized and provides the following services some of these services will be introduced soon. Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited introduced a few schemes, which are very popular:
Online services :
Use of computers in recording, classifying, manipulating, and summarizing data. Also called Automatic data processing, data processing, or information processing.
Software that provides a unified database and user interface for a firm’s accounting, finance, and decision making functions.
Personal name written in one’s hand, with the intention of accepting, authenticating, and/or executing a document. In some instances, a mark, seal, stamp, or symbol may also be considered a signature.
Any Branch Banking:
Computerized machine that permits bank customers to gain access to their accounts with a magnetically encoded plastic card and a code number. It enables the customers to perform several banking operations without the help of a teller, such as to withdraw cash, make deposits, pay bills, obtain bank statements, effect cash transfers. Also called automated Banking machine, automatic till machine, or remote service unit.
Banks Automated Clearing System (BACS)
electronic-banking system that, among other business-to-business transactions, allow automated settlement of accounts between firms.
automated banking machine (ABM) :
Is in the Banking, Commerce & Finance and Customer Relations & Services subjects.
Other Delivery Channel Services (to be implemented)
SJIBL VISA Card:
Card is considered as a new dimension of product resulting from technological development in the banking arena. In line with our affiliation with VISA International for VISA ATMs and POS, the following two products are launched broadening service products of the Bank to the clients’:
- VISA Electron (SJIBL VISA Debit Card – local)
- VISA Prepaid (SJIBL VISA Prepaid Card)
SJIBL VISA Debit Card:
SJIBL VISA Debit Card: To a customer, “My card, my money” concept is used for Debit Card. Any accountholder of SJIBL can apply for a SJIBL VISA Debit Card against his/her Al-Wadiah Current Deposit (AWCD), Mudaraba Savings Deposit (MSD) or Mudaraba Short Notice Deposit (MSND) Account. He/she is fully authorized to enjoy the benefits of cash withdrawal from ATMs, liberty of shopping, dining, paying utility bills and having access account information through SMS, etc. round the clock
SJIBL VISA Prepaid Card (Local):
SJIBL VISA Prepaid Local Cards are open to the customers even having no account with Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited. Cardholders can have the card against prepayment and have access from anywhere in Bangladesh. SJIBL VISA Prepaid Local Cards are accepted locally at all VISA labeled merchant outlets, ATMs, etc.
SJIBL VISA Prepaid Card (International):
SJIBL VISA Prepaid International Cards are also open to the customers even having no account with Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited. Cardholders can have the card endorsing US Dollar paying against Travel Quota, Exporters Retention Quota or marking Lien of his/her FC Account. SJIBL VISA Prepaid International Cards are accepted world wide at all the VISA labeled merchant outlets, ATMs, etc.
SJIBL VISA Prepaid Card (Dual):
The Dual Card is a hassle free product, no need to carry two separate plastic cards for local and international card. Now, with one plastic card the Cardholders can enjoy all the benefits and make transactions locally & globally from their Prepaid card account at all the VISA labeled merchant outlets, ATMs, etc.
SJIBL VISA Souvenir Card (Gift Card – Local):
SJIBL Souvenir Card is a very attractive and stylish product. Like a Gift Card, SJIBL Souvenir Card can be used by anyone wishes to. The intending customer may have the card instantly or may customize the card as required. The SJIBL Souvenir Cards are accepted locally at all the VISA labeled merchant outlets, ATMs, etc.
- Sense of satisfaction of having an international brand
- Any where anytime banking
- 24hours and 7 days a week banking
- directly links to card holder account t SJIBL
- convenient cash withdrawal at TM
- acceptability a huge number of Q-cash ATMs around Bangladesh
- accepted at all VISA terminals locally & globally
- local & international trisection with same cards
- balance inquiry
- mini statement
- pin change
- shopping at large number of shops, restaurant departmental stores, supermarkets, boutiques, & other merchants through Q-cash pos terminals round Bangladesh
- payments of utility bills
- avoid pressure of counters of bank
- minimizing risk of carrying cash
- More to come…….
- no cash dvnce fee at SJIBL ATMs
- only tk. 10 per trisection at all other Q-cash ATMs all over the country
- 1 (one) free supplementary card
- account is not required for prepaid card
There are two type of card. Primary & supplementary card. Primary card applicants may apply for supplementary card for his /her spouse or any family member. a separate supplementary application form is required to be filled in.
Requirements of SJBL visa debit card – local
SJBL visa debit card – local
- two copies of passport size photograph
- a filled of SJBL card application form
- maintain a deposit account at any branch of SJBL
SJBL visa prepaid card (local/international/dual)
- two copies of passport size photograph & personal information for customized card,
- photocopy of passport from 1to7 page including endorsement pages
- Lien confirmation of FC A/C from the concern branch of issuance of card against FC.
- For the issuance of card against ERQ A/C maintained with SJBLor with other bank, lien confirmation should be obtained from the respective bank/ branch
- For issuances of card against new importer & exporter / procedure quota relevant paper such as, recommendation letter from EBP/copy of tax return etc, are also required.
- Deposit slip for deposited money against endorsement amount.
- Forwarding letter from the respective branch with detail particular of card.
SJBL visa prepaid card local/ SJIBL VISA Souvenir Card
- two copies of passport size photograph & personal information for customized card,
- Deposit slip for deposited money against prepaid – local or souvenir/ gift amount.
- Forwarding letter from the respective branch with detail particular of card.
SJIBL VISA debit Card (visa electron) membership procedure:
- Branches should comply KYC formalities at the time of processing SJIBL VISA debit card.
- Duly signed and filled the SJIBL VISA debit card application form should be cheeked and verified by the authorized official of the respective branches.
- branches shall print/write “STAFF” at the left size of the application from for SJIBL employees
- Supplementary application form should be attached with original application form.
- The approved application for the purpose to be sent to the IT & card division with forwarding letter duly signed by the manager/authorized manager.
- IT & card division will enter the customer information into the card switching software; scan the photograph and signature of the customers’ for the card processing.
- After processing information, card card batch will be sent to ITCL for printing.
- Within three working days ITCL will delivered the card to the IT & card division.
- IT & card division will send the PIN mailer to the card holders’ address by courier
- Card will be sent to the respective branch. Card holder will collect the card from the branch.
- Branches shall cheek and verify the signature of the customer, and handover the card to them. Card holder will signed on the acknowledgement receipt of the card mailer.
- Branches will send acknowledgement with a forwarding letter with detail particulars to the IT & card division for card activation.
- after getting acknowledgement slip duly signed from the customer , card will be activated by the IT & card division within 3 days
- 15 digit account number and & PIN both combined is the secured number for the transaction. So branches are advised to be very careful in checking the filled in application form for branch code with account number.
SJIBL VISA debit Card (international/dual) procedure
- Branches should comply KYC formalities at the time of processing SJIBL VISA debit card to the intending bank’s clients.
- Intending bank’s clients may lien balance in their FC account, retention quota to have SJIBL visa prepaid card for usages while traveling abroad.
- Intending walking clients may also have SJIBL visa prepaid card for usages while traveling abroad against their travel quota, against ERQ account maintained with other bank. Lien confirmation should be obtained from the respective bank/branch.
- Branches shall check and verity the following papers from the intending clients before receiving money against SJIBL VISA prepaid card:
- two copies of passport size photograph
- photocopy of passport from 1to7 page including endorsement pages
- Lien confirmation of FC A/C from the concern bank/branch of issuance of card against of SJIBL VISA prepaid card against FC.
- Lien confirmation ERQ A/C from the concern bank/branch of issuance of card against of SJIBL VISA prepaid card against ERQ A/C.
- For issuances of SJIBL VISA prepaid card against new importer & exporter / procedure quota relevant paper such as , recommendation letter from EBP/copy of tax return etc, are also required.
- Equivalent taka amount for US dollar endorsement against travel quota to be collected through prescribe deposit slip.
- Necessary fees & charges.
- With forwarding letter duly sign by the manager/operation manager. Branch shall send the copy of deposit slip with clients particular to the IT & card division.
- IT & card division will enter the customer information into the card switching software for account processing and card activation.
- IT & card division will provide the card and PIN instantly for the readymade Non- customized card to the clients.
- For customized three working days are required for providing the card.
- IT & Card division will mail the PIN the card holders’ address by courier and the card to the respective branch with card mailer
- After getting the PIN mailer by courier card holder will collect the card from the respective branch
SJIBL VISA Card usage:
- SJIBL VISA debit card can only be used at Q-cash ATMs & POS terminal and in inter VISA level merchant outlets & ATMs in Bangladesh.
- SJIBL VISA prepaid local/international/dual card can be used locally and globally in inters VISA level merchant outlets & ATMs.
- SJIBL VISA souvenir card can only be used at Q-cash ATMs & POS terminal and in inter VISA level merchant outlets & ATMs in Bangladesh.
Cash withdrawal limit from the ATMs is tk. 30000 as against single or highest 4 transaction in a day. Balance inquiry, mini statement & PIN change can be done 3 times in a day.
Allowed account type for SJIBL VISA debit card
Only three type of deposit are allowed SJIBL VISA debit card transaction like
- AL Wadiah Current Deposit
- Mudaraba Saving Deposit
- Mudaraba Short Term Deposit
Fees and charges
VISA debit card
|Transaction charges (ATM)|
ON-US Q-Cash Others
VISA prepaid card
|Transaction charges (ATM)|
ON-US Q-Cash Others
|Local/ souvenir(gift)|| |
|International/ Dual|| |
|Conversion charge||For international use, 2% of withdrawal amount|
SJIBL VISA Card Charges:
SJIBL provides first year free service and 575 tk will deducted from the account at second year.
Western Union a fast, reliable and convenient way to send a money transfer
Western Union Financial Services Inc. U.S.A. is the number one and reliable money transfer company in the world. This modern Electronic Technology based money transfer company has earned world wide reputation in transferring money from one country to another country within the shortest possible time.
Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited has set up a Representation Agreement with Western Union Financial Services Inc. U.S.A. Millions of people have confidence on Western Union for sending money to their friends and family. Through Western Union Money Transfer Service, Bangladeshi Wage Earners can send money quickly from over 280,000 Western Union Agent Locations in over 200 countries and territories world wide- the world’s largest network of its kind, only by visiting any branches of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited in Bangladesh.
The money sent by your loved ones is very special to you indeed. So, at Western Union, we offer the following benefits:
Our customers have benefited from our electronic money transfer for over 150 years. Each transfer can be tracked electronically to make sure that you receive the money your loved one has sent.
When your loved one sends you money, within minutes you can receive it in Bangladesh.
Bank account is not required!
Just go to a Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited branch anywhere in Bangladesh offering Western Union Money Transfer. Then simply fill a form and collect your money.
Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited has 26 such branches all over Bangladesh and Western Union has over 280,000 agent locations across 200 countries and territories.
3 easy steps to receive your money:
- Your loved ones deposit the money at any Western Union Agent location and get a receipt with MTCN.
- He/she then informs you about the amount sent (sender name, amount, sending country, receiver name and MTCN).
- You go to the nearest Shahjalal Islami Bank Branch with a valid identity card. You fill a simple form and receive the money.
Kushiara Money Transfer’s a definition of safety and reliability and a popular Money Transfer Company in United Kingdom (U.K.). Kushiara offers “Instant Cash” next day collection from Bank counter at most cities in Bangladesh and “Quick Credit” to beneficiary’s account in all over the Bangladesh.
Payment may be made by bank deposit (Kushiaras account at Barclys Bank) or cheque or bank draft. Please do not send cash through post. We shall process the remittance request and post the customer copy of the remittance form to customers given address after the fund are cleared. The usual times for clearing of cheques require 3-5 working days. The Remittance Form can be downloaded from the website: www.kushiara.net
Contact with us, ask for exchange rate and know how much you need to pay. Deposit the money to Barclays Bank-Kushiara Finacial Services Ltd, A/C No: 20651079 Sort Code: 202178.
Post your Remittance Form along with bank receipt or cheque or draft ot Kushiara Financial Serviece Ltd. 313-317 Commercial Road, London E1 2PS. (for prompt processing initially you may send Remittance Form & Payment Slip to Fax No: 02077903063)
Please note that the Government anti money laundering regulations requires us to obtain proof of name & address of remitter in case of transaction over equivalent Euro1000. Further
- Certificate copy of Passport or certified copy of Full UK or another EU Driving License
- Certificate copy of Bank or Building Society Statement or Utility bill (gas, water, electricity) within three month.
Information regarding ID please contact with us. The following type of ID we require:
All transaction are authorized under the money laundering regulation. Kushiara has all necessary licenses to carry out the financial service business it offers
We have 200 Agent locations all over UK
Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited is a member of the society for Worldwide Inter Bank Financial Telecommunication (in abbreviation (S.W.I.F.T). SWIFT is the industry-owned co-operative supplying secure, standardized messaging services and interface software to nearly 8,100 financial institutions in 207 countries and territories. SWIFT members include banks, broker-dealers and investment managers. The broader SWIFT community also encompasses corporate as well as market infrastructures in payments, securities, treasury and trade.
- SJIBL is becoming a leading and well accepted bank in private banking sector as well as Islami Shariah oriented banking sector.
- SJIBL have online banking facilities for transaction so it is very easy to deposit and withdraw the money at any branch of SJIBL.
- SJIBL tries to increase their ATM booth as soon as possible.
- They also improve their SMS banking service.
- Though the major number of clients are Islamic minded but the Hajj scheme is not as popular as other deposit schemes.
- Clients are often wanted to close their account or deposit before maturity which makes some difficulties.
- From 1st April, 2007 SJIBL has cutting 10% tax on deposit which was not done before.
- Most of the activities are done by computer.
- Staffs are not very much cooperative.
- Colleagues are very cooperative.
- The overall performance of SJIBL is good.
- In spite of having online facilities in every branch but often it not work.
- All of the cash officer are new that’s why cash section become slow.
- ATM booth often become out of service.
- Often server not works.
- A few ATM booths are available in Dhaka.
- It charges more for VISA debit card.
- The recruitment process should be more sound and effective so that efficient and fresh graduate can prove themselves.
- Online service should be fluent and accurate.
- SJIBL should Increase the ATM booth.
- And also solve the technical problem of ATM booths.
- Staffs should be more cooperative.
- The website of the bank is not good enough most of the pages are under constructed. The pages should be constructed as soon as possible.
- Increase the number of printers.
- VISA debit card charge should be reduced.
The performance of a Banks today competitive business is important. Just few years Ago the number of bank was very small. So the competition was not a strong as it is today. Things have changed with the emergence of many new banks now the Customers have option to take the one that the best so the current banking business scenario is simply highly competitive. The performance of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited during the Last five years has proved that with strong desire and will power one achieve whatever target he may have. Almost all the leading banks in our country have various Extra facilities in offer for the customers in comparison with other Banks but SJIBL has succeed in achieving more customer than other competitors. This has been possible only because of strong customer relation and excellent customer service.
After taking effective and time defeating measures regarding efficient employees and instruments will help the local office of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited to reach the pinnacle of success with high profit and productivity. A new bank they should be stronger in financial side because there is too much competition and new banks are growing up. If Shahjalal Bank adopts professionalism within the framework of Shariah, they will be able to earn handsome “Halal” profit and pay higher return to the depositors and share holders. Ultimately, public will get more confidence on this type of banking.