Employee satisfaction is the terminology used to describe whether employees are happy and contented and fulfilling their desires and needs at work. Many measures purport that employee satisfaction is a factor in employee motivation, employee goal achievement, and positive employee morale in the workplace.
Employee satisfaction, while generally a positive in your organization, can also be a downer if mediocre employees stay because they are satisfied with your work environment.
Understanding of mission and vision,
The factors effects employee satisfactions are following:
1. Organization development factors
• Brand of organization in business field and comparison with leading competitor.
• Missions and Vision of organization.
• Potential development of organization.
2. Policies of compensation and benefits factors
• Wage and salary
• Rewards and penalties
3. Promotions and career development factors
• Opportunities for promotion.
• Training program participated or will do.
• Capacity of career development
4. Work task factors
• Quantity of task
• Difficult level of task
5. Relationship with supervisor factors
• Level of coaching
• Level of assignment for employee
• Treatment to employee etc
6. Working conditions and environment factors
• Tools and equipment
• working methods
• Working environment
7. Corporate culture factors
• Relationship with coworkers
• Level of sharing etc
8. Competencies, Personalities and Expectations of employee factors
• Competencies and personalities of employee are suitable for job?
• Expectations of employee are suitable for policies of organization?
Some other factors related with the employee satisfaction are given below:
• Interesting work
• Appreciation of work
• Job security
• Good wages
• Good working conditions
• Personal loyalty
• Tactful discipline
• Sympathetic help with problems
• Preferred incentives
• Company paid vacations
• Accident and health insurance benefits
• Retired benefits
• Asset building loans
• Company transport etc