It is a broadly described annual report of Bangladesh Lamps Limited in the year of 2012. During the year 2012 witnessed a moderate growth in sales, registered an improvement over the last year amounting to Tk.953.53 million as compared to Taka. 681.57 million in 2011. During the year under review, the Company incurred an unexpected net loss of Taka. 49.80 million. Low gas pressure, unprecedented interruption of power supply, underutilization of FTL (Fluorescent Tube Light) plant production and excessive sales replacement of CFL, contributed largely to negative profitability. In spite of 40% growth in sales revenue in the year 2012, the company incurred the net loss of Tk.49.80 million. The total number of shareholders of the Company at 31st December 2012 was 3,213 as against 2,839 in the previous year. The price index of shares on that date stood at Tk. 119.80 per share at the Dhaka Stock Exchange and Tk.108.60 per share at the Chittagong Stock Exchange.
This year the Company did not make a profit. In spite of the fact, the Board recommends payment of dividend @Tk.2.00 Per share of Tk.10/- each (i.e. @ 20%) for the year 2012. These financial statements are presented in Bangladesh Taka (Taka/Tk/BDT) unless otherwise stated, which is the Company’s functional currency.
More Annual Report of Bangladesh Lamps Limited:
- Annual Report 2008 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2009 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2010 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2011 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2012 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2013 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2014 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited
- Annual Report 2015 of Bangladesh Lamps Limited