It is a broadly described annual report of Bank Asia Limited in the year of 2012. During 2012, The Bank paid Tk.3,182 million as income tax from Bank’s earnings and employee’s income tax, VAT and excise duty deducted at source from various payments including payment of interest on deposits. Bank Asia’s capital reached Tk.13.93 billion in 2012 which is 11.91% higher than 2011. Net profit after tax stood at Tk. 908 million compared to Tk. 1,916 million in the previous year. The Bank was quite upbeat to close the year 2012 with adequate capital. Total capital fund stood Tk. 13,930.19 million and capital adequacy ratio (CAR) at 13.05%. The foreign exchange reserve stood at USD 10.36 billion at the end of June 2012 from USD 10.92 billion at the end of June 2011.
Bank Asia achieved Certificate of Merit for Best Presented Annual Reports 2011 in the banking sector by ICAB and ICMAB Best Corporate Award 2012 (Certificate of Merit) by ICMAB. These financial statements are presented in Bangladesh Taka (Taka/Tk/BDT) which is the company’s functional currency. All financial information presented in Taka has been rounded off to the nearest Taka.
More Annual Report of Bank Asia Limited:
- Annual Report 2007 of Bank Asia Limited
- Annual Report 2008 of Bank Asia Limited
- Annual Report 2009 of Bank Asia Limited
- Annual Report 2010 of Bank Asia Limited
- Annual Report 2011 of Bank Asia Limited
- Annual Report 2012 of Bank Asia Limited
- Annual Report 2013 of Bank Asia Limited
- Annual Report 2014 of Bank Asia Limited