It is a broadly described annual report of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited in the year of 2013. The Company contributes a substantial amount to the National Exchequer by way of duties and taxes. Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Ltd. contributed to the National Exchequer Tk. 2696 million in 2013. Net profit before tax for the financial year was up to BDT 2026 million versus BDT 1806 million in 2012, which represents an increase of 12.17%. As officially estimated, gross domestic product (GDP) in the fiscal year 2013 grew by 5.8%, less than the 6.2% recorded in FY2012 owing to stagnant imports and frequent hartals (political demonstrations) that disrupted supply chains and affected retail and wholesale trade. Cement industry growth rose 97% in FY 2013, with contributions from construction and small-scale manufacturing.
Company’s dividend policy is to maintain the consistency and to recommend dividend commensurate with the performance of the Company. The Board of Directors recommends cash dividend of Tk.38/- (Taka Thirty-Eight only) per share for the year ended 31st December 2013. As of December 31, 2013, the share capital amounts to Taka. 565,035,800 and is divided into 56,503,580 ordinary shares of Tk 10 each. All issued shares are fully paid. During the year, the Company has paid a total amount of Tk. 18,000 as Board meeting attendance fees.
More Annual Report of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited:
- Annual Report 2011 of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited
- Annual Report 2012 of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited
- Annual Report 2013 of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited
- Annual Report 2014 of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited
- Annual Report 2015 of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited
- Annual Report 2016 of Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Limited