It is a broadly described annual report of AB Bank Limited in the year of 2014. In 2014, AB Bank contributed Taka. 472 Crore into the national exchequer in the form of the VAT, Income Tax, and Excise Duty. At the end of 2014, Bank’s total capital reached BDT 2,279.86 Crore as against BDT 1,877.23 Crore on 31st December 2013. Total Assets of the Bank increased to Tk. 25,467 Crore from Tk. 20,801 Crore registering an increase of 22.43%. Profit after tax reached Tk. 126.00 Crore in 2014 against Tk. 101.10 Crore in the corresponding period of 2013 registering 24.63 percent growth. Earnings per Share stood at Tk. 2.37 in 2014 compared to Tk. 1.90 last year. The share market value of AB stood at Taka 1,592 Crore whereas the book value of the Shareholder’s Equity stood at Tk. 1,816 Crore, resulting in a negative Market Value of Tk. 224 Crore as on 31st December 2014.
The Board of Director of the Bank has recommended a Stock Dividend @12.5% for the year ended 31st December 2014. These financial statements are presented in Bangladesh Taka (Taka/Tk/BDT) which is the company’s functional currency. All financial information presented in Taka has been rounded off to the nearest Taka.
More Annual Report of AB Bank Limited:
- Report on Guidelines for Credit Risk Management of Mercantile Bank Limited
- Deposit Products and Services of Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited
- Steps Involve in Evaluating the Lease or Purchase for decision making
- Fundamentals of Risk Assessment
- Comparative Analysis of Financial Service in NCB and PCB in Bangladesh
- General Banking Operation of Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited.(Chapter-6)