Chittagong Stock Exchange
Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) is the second stock exchange in Bangladesh. To develop capital market as well as to strengthen and to dynamite the capital of the country. CSE was established on 1 April 1995. CSE was registered under the Company Act 1994, as a non-profit organization and started trading on the floor on 10 October 1995. At the beginning, the listed companies were 30 and the paid up capital and debenture was Tk. 216.4 cores.
CSE’s objective, principle, and activities are similar to Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE). Up to 28 February 2007, the listed securities were 215 of which companies were 184, mutual funds were 12 and debentures were only 2. Capital accumulation was Tk. 30729.05 crore.
- 1 April 1995 CSE incorporated as a company.
- 10 October Floor trading started in cry out system.
4 November 1995 formally opened by then former Prime Minister Begum Khaleda Zia.
- 30 May 2004 Internet-based Trading system opened.
- 8 July 2015 CSE launched new brand logo.
- Market opens at 10:30 am local time.
- Market closes at 02:30 pm local time.
Founder members of the proposed Chittagong Stock Exchange approached the Bangladesh Government in January 1995 and obtained the permission of the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 12, 1995, for establishing the country’s second stock exchange. The Exchange comprised of twelve Board members presided by Mr. Amir Khosru Mahmud Chowdhury (MP) and run by an independent secretariat from the very first day of its inception.
CSE was formally opened by then Hon’ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh on November 4, 1995.
Vision: Aspire a global standard transaction place of securities and financial product.
Mission: Practice a set of core values to build competency in compliance, diversification, and technology so that an accessible platform, market confidence, and wealth maximization scope can be ensured.
Capitalization of CSE:
- Authorized capital: Tk. 15 crore
- Total share: 500
- Per share: Tk. 3,00,000
- Paid up capital: Tk. 2.1 crore
Listed company and securities
- Company at first: 30
- Current company: I95
- Mutual fund: 9
- Debenture: 5.
- How to Manage Business Risk
- Annual Report 2014 of Bangladesh Steels Re-Rolling Mills Limited
- General Banking and Finance Operations of Dhaka Bank Ltd (Part 3)
- Annual Report 2007-2008 of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited
- Annual Report 2016 of Max Financial Services
- Annual Report 2003-2004 of Infosys