Dhaka Stock Exchange
Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) is the first and largest stock exchange in Bangladesh. It was formed under Company Act 1913 and now regulated under Company Act 1994. It’s a non-profit organization. The two vital following laws are Securities and Exchange Commission Act 1993, Securities and Exchange Commission Regulation 1994. DSE plays a very important role in developing capital market in Bangladesh. To be a member of DSE one is to buy at least one share of it. Any competent person can buy it from irrespective citizens of home or abroad. Though the bar was for foreigners the number of members of DSE is still the same as after the liberation and the number is 195. It is being taken a step to increase the number of members. In future, the number is likely to be 500.
Objectives of DSE
Dhaka stock exchange is the stock exchange in Bangladesh. It’s the key point of the capital market a Bangladesh. DSE was established to strengthen the economic base of our country. The objectives mentioned in the Memorandum of DSE arc stated below:
- To accommodate and facilitate the transaction of shares, debentures, and securities of registered public limited companies.
- Helping the investors in buying and selling of shares and securities.
- To equalize the transactions made in DSE.
- Efficiently managing the activities of the stock exchange.
- Sustaining the interest of investors.
- Disseminating information regarding transactions and financial condition of listed companies.
- Making bylaws, rules, regulations etc. to run share business efficiently and effectively.
- Taking steps to protect encourage and develop interests of members, brokers, jobbers, and dealers of DSE.
- Solving all sorts of problems arising from the transaction in DSE.
- Eradicating disputes among members and formulating reasonable principles for the convenience of all parties.
- Taking proper steps to market enough share in Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE).
- Taking required steps to sustain clarity of transactions and regulations.