Dividends are payments made to stockholders from the firm’s earnings, whether those earnings were generated in the current period or in previous periods. In this lecture briefly describe on the views that have been proposed to explain why firms follow particular dividend policies and why investors react when firms change dividend policies. Here also describe stock dividends and stock splits, and discuss how stock prices are affected by these activities.
- Annual Report 2007-2008 of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Annual Report 2012 of Square Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Annual Report 2014-2015 of Vardhman Holdings Limited
- Annual Report 2012 of Saiham Cotton Mills Limited
- Annual Report 2015-2016 of AIA Engineering Limited
- Ups and Downs of the Dividend Capture Strategy