Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) is a government agency of Bangladesh under the ministry of commerce, entrusted with the responsibilities of promoting export of the country. It was established in 1978.
Actually, EPB is a semi-autonomous organization under the ministry of commerce of Bangladesh. The affairs of the Bureau are administered by a board of management where the honorable Minister from commerce is the ex-officials chairman, 4 members reporting different chamber of commerce and trade associations and 9 high officials nominated by the government representing trade-related minister/department. Without its head office in Dhaka, it has three regional offices in Chittagong, Khulna, Rajshahi. In addition, there are three branch offices at Sylhet, Comilla, and Narayangonj.
Role of EPB –
- Proposing policy and selection.
- Assistance and advice to exporters.
- Marketing mission and buyer-seller conference.
- Training to the exporters.
- Participation in international trade fair.
- Maintaining trade information centers.
- Export Promotion.
- Export market.
The EPB consists of multiple divisions:
- Policy and Planning Division
- Commodities Development Division
- Information Division
- Fairs and Display Division
- Administration and Finance Division
- Textile Division
- Statistics and Research Division
- Information and Communications Technology Division.