Advantages of Selection Tests
Selection test can be used to weed out a large number of candidates who may not be considered for the employment. This test is a device that reveals the information about the candidate which is not obtained through other steps of selection. Normally organization receives a large number of applications so these tests help to find out the suitable candidates having required characteristics for the position. It screens the employee’s ability, knowledge, and decides whether he/she can perform well in the organization.
Selection test will provide cut off point above which candidates may be called for the interview.
Employee Selection tests have following benefits:
- Selection test avoids biases in the selection procedure.
- This test helps to minimize the cost and time to be taken by selection procedure.
- Selection test can provide the information about the qualities and potential of the prospective employees which cannot be known through other methods including personal interviews. These tests also help for the promotion of the potential candidates.
- This test helps to estimate the candidate’s ability, knowledge, and other proficiency.
- This test provides the guideline for reference evaluation.
- This test compares different candidates on the basis of skills, knowledge and special abilities possessed by them.
- This test provides a basis for selecting the most likely candidate as per the requirement of job specifications.
- Selection tests are a standardized and unbiased method of selecting the candidate. Thus a person who is not selected on the basis of test cannot argue for the partiality in the selection process. Impartiality is very important for organizations like the public sector.
The effective selection largely depends on a degree of testing methodology. In the modern workforce, tests, such as psychological screenings, indicate which employees might have undesirable personality traits, such as anger problems.