Recruitment refers to the process of sourcing, screening, and selecting people for a job or vacancy within an organization. Though individuals can undertake individual components of the recruitment process.
Objectives of recruitment:
Recruitment fulfills the following objectives
- It reviews the list of objectives of the company and tries to achieve them by promoting the company in the minds of public.
- It forecasts how many people will be required in the company.
- It enables the company to advertise itself and attract talented people.
- It provides different opportunities to procure human resource.
Traditional recruitment agency:
Traditional recruitment agencies have historically had a physical location. A candidate visits a local branch for a short interview and an assessment before being taken onto the agency’s books. Recruitment Consultants then endeavour to match their pool of candidates to their clients’ open positions.Suitable candidates are with potential employers.
Online recruitment websites:
The online sites have two main features: job boards and a résumé/Curriculum Vitae (CV) database. Job boards allow member companies to post job vacancies. Alternatively, candidates can upload a résumé to be included in searches by member companies. Fees are charged for job postings and access to search resumes.
Headhunters are third-party recruiters often retained when normal recruitment efforts have failed.
Headhunters are generally more aggressive than in-house recruiters. They may use advanced sales techniques, such as initially posing as clients to gather employee contacts, as well as visiting candidate offices. They may also purchase expensive lists of names and job titles, but more often will generate their own lists.
Headhunters are typically small operations that make high margins on candidate placements (sometimes more than 30% of the candidate’s annual compensation). Due to their higher costs, headhunters are usually employed to fill senior management and executive level roles, or to find very specialized individuals.
- Performance Appraisal of HR Department at Prime Group of Companies
- Assignment of Transnational Human Resources
- Evaluation of Training Devices at British American Tobacco
- Recruitment and Selection Process in Nestle Bangladesh Ltd.
- Social Structure and Resettlement of Slum Dwellers
- Concept of Fundamental Rights