The principle of this report is to analysis Recruitment and Selection Procedure of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited. This report focus overall idea about the management terms and operation strategy and the limitation of a bank by going though the bank. Other objectives are analysis the management policy and analyze the functions and the operation of each level of the Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited.
Managing the function of each department efficiently and flexible payment procedure is enough for a bank to achieve success. A prudent bank management should always try to make an appropriate balance between the payments and receive .The payment and receive flexibility with in short time gives the customer ultimate satisfaction, which attracts the more clients in the bank. The transaction will be automatically high and increase the commission and profit of the bank. As a pioneer Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited (EXIM) is able to do so to earn the trust of general people. FSIB has the glory of being oldest bank owned by the general people of Bangladesh and it servers the nation for last 12 years with largest line of diversified banking services in different sectors. So far, EXIM Bank is performing well and listed in the “A” category for long time.
Objectives of the study:
- To make familiar with the terms what I have studied during BBA course.
- To know about the banking sector in Bangladesh.
- To get an overall idea about the management terms and operation strategy and the limitation of a bank by going though the Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited
- To know the management policy of a bank.
- To know the objectives and planning of a bank.
- To be familiar with the banking sector.
- To gather comprehensive practical knowledge on the total banking function.
- Critically analyze the functions and the operation of each level of the Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited.
The Management Process of EXIM Bank:
For any financial and non financial organization Management is the most valuable and important resources of any kind of organization. And a well-organize management provides the organization to reach its ultimate goal. Management means planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling of all financial and non financial resources of an organization. Different aspects of management practice in EXIM Bank are discussed below.
EXIM Bank Ltd. has done its planning within the purview of the corporate plan. The overall planning approach in EXIM Bank is top-down. Each branch can plan according to the goal imposed by the corporate level. It doesn’t plan independently. And EXIM Bank has a planning division. This department is mainly responsible for the overall planning.
EXIM Bank Ltd. is organized as per the existing business locations. It has thirty three braches, each of which is a separate entity. Each unit is responsible for own performance and a Senior Vice President followed by Manager Heads each. He is directly responsible for the performance of their unit. Within each branch it is organized functionally.
The recruitment in EXIM Bank is done in two ways. One as a “Probationary Officer” for the management program and it has a probation period of one year. Another one is non-management level as “Trainee Officer”. Probationary Officer is recruited in officer category and their career path is headed towards different managerial jobs.
Directing and Controlling:
The Management approach in EXIM Bank is top-down or authoritative. Information just seeks through lower management layer. Works are designed in such a way that one can not leave without clearing the tasks as he is assigned for a day. Sitting arrangement in all office is done in a way that the superior can monitor the subordinate all time. Budgeting, rewarding, punishing, etc. are also practiced as control mechanism.
The set-vice rule of EXIM Bank states the recruitment policy of the bank. In general the board of directors determines the recruitment policy of bank from time to time. The minimum entry level qualification for any official position other than supportive management is a Bachelors degree. However, informally the management prefers a minimum master’s degree for the appointed of probationary officers in the Executive officer position. The recruitment for entry level positions begins with a formal written test which is conducted and supervised by the Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka. After successful completion of the written test, a personal interview is conducted for the successful candidates by a panel of experts comprising of renowned and prominent bankers of the country.
Human Resource Practice in EXIM Bank:
The Authority of EXIM Bank Ltd. believes their employees are the core resources of their organization. Because without them they cannot run their organization. EXIM Bank’s human resources approach is concerned with the growth and development of people toward higher level of competency, creativity and then it tries to create a climate in which they may contribute to the limits of their improved abilities.
Corporate Culture of EXIM Bank:
The EXIM bank is one of the most disciplined Banks with a distinctive corporate culture. They are lived in shared meaning, shared understanding and shared sense making. People related to the bank can see and understand events, activities, objects and situation in a distinctive way. They mould their manners and etiquette, character individually to suit the purpose of the Bank and the needs of the customers who are of paramount importance to them. The people in the bank see themselves as a tight knit team or family that believes in working together for growth. The corporate culture they belong has not been imposed; it has rather been achieved through their corporate conduct.
The bank chalked out of the following corporate objective in order to ensure smooth achievement of its goals
- To be most caring and customer friendly and service oriented bank.
- To create a technology based most efficient banking environment for its customer.
- To ensure ethics and transparency in all levels.
- Above all, to add effective contribution to the national economy.
Eventually the Bank emphasizes on
- To provide high quality financial services in Export and Import trade.
- To provide excellent quality customer service.
- To maintain corporate and business ethics.
- To become a trusted repository of customer’s money and their financial advisor
- To make superior stock and rewarding to the customers/share holders.
- To display team spirit and professionalism.
- To have a sound capital base.
Export Import Bank Ltd. as the name implies, is not anew type of bank in some countries on the global, but is the first of its kind in Bangladesh. It believes in togetherness with its customer, in its march on the road to growth and progress with services.
To achieve the desired goal, it has intention to pursuit of excellence at all stages with a climate of continuous improvement. Because it believes, the line of excellence is never ending. It also believes that its strategic plans and business networking will strengthen its competitive edge over in rapidly changing competitive environment. Its personalized quality services to the customers with the trend of constant improvement might be cornerstone to achieve it operational success.
Principles of EXIM Bank:
- To be one EXIM Bank by holding and guiding the following values.
- To have strong customer focus and build relationship based on integrity and superior service and mutual benefit.
- To strive for private and sound growth.
- To work as a team to serve the best interest of the organization.
- To work for continuous business innovation and improvements.
- To value and respect people and make decision based on merit.
- To provide recognition and communication.
Mode of the Bank:
The word EXIM Bank implies the meaning of its operations. Though it is a new type of bank in Bangladesh, it is familiar with so many counties in the world such as Export Import Bank of the United States, Export Import Bank of Japan.
Though it is a local bank, it has spread of its operation in the whole world through foreign banking. Its motto is to provide quality service to the customers all over the world. Sooth mode of the bank “Local Bank Global Network” completely adjustable with its operations.
Functions of the EXIM Bank Ltd.:
- The main task of the EXIM Bank is to accept deposited from various customers through various accounts.
- Provides loans on easy terms and condition.
- It creates deposit.
- The Bank invest it fund in to profitable sector.
- It transfers money by Demand Draft (DD), Pay Order (PO), On-line and Telegraphic Transfer etc.
- The Bank is doing the transaction of bill exchange, cheque etc. on behalf of the clients.
- EXIM Bank assists in the foreign exchange by issuing letter of credit.
- It brings the increasing power of the dimension of transaction.
- Above all, EXIM Bank helps the businessmen financially by giving discount facility for bill of exchange and by providing the facility of letter of Guarantee.
Conversion into Islamic Bank:
After the confirmation of honorable High Court Division of Bangladesh Supreme Court, the EXIM bank had been converted into a full-fledged Islami Bank based on Shariah from traditional interest based banking and the bank started Islami Banking function from 1st July 2005 with the approval of Bangladesh Bank. Before conversion into Islami Bank, the authority of the EXIM Bank puts option to all of bank valued customers through news media in addition to personal contract with them to accept with decision taken by authority. And great pleasure for the bank that every body gladly accepted the conversion with appreciation.
Social Commitment of EXIM Bank Ltd.:
The purpose of EXIM Bank is, obviously is, to earn profit, but the promoters and the equity holders are aware of their commitment to the society to which they belong. A large portion of the profit is kept aside and/or spent for socio-economic development through trustee and in patronization of art, culture and sports of the country. The authority wants to make a substantive contribution to the society where they operate, to the extent of their separable resources.
Attainment of EXIM Bank:
It is a great pleasure for EXIM Bank that by the grace of Almighty Allah, it has migrated at a time all the branches from its conventional banking operation into Shariah based Islami banking operation without any trouble. The officers and executives of EXIM bank motivated the valued customers by counseling and persuasion in light with the spirit of Islam especially for the Non-Muslim customers. EXIM Bank’s IT division has done the excellent job of converting and fitting the conventional business processes into the processes based on Shariah. It has been made possible by following a systematic procedure of migration under the leadership of honorable Managing Director of EXIM bank.
Performance of EXIM Bank Limited:
The year 2009 was remarkable year simultaneously for development and achievements of continuous growth rate in all the areas of banking operations. The bank has successfully been marching ahead with its prime business objective by earning profit after tax of TK 1063.29 million than that of the previous year. It has successfully mobilized TK 28319.21 million deposits from depositors and arranged disbursement of TK 26046.34 million as Investment to 10091 accounts as on 31st December 2009 through its 44 Branches. The total Income and expenditure of the Bank of the Bank were TK. 2644.59 million and TK. 1808.78 million respectively during the period under review. The return on assets (ROA) was 3.44% well above the industry average. Achievements were possible because of he service excellence of management with the support from a very resourceful and skilled workforce who are rendering efficient and specialized services.
HR Planning & Forecasting
General Concept of HRM:
HRM deals with the design of formal system in an organization to ensure the effective and efficiency use of human talents to accomplish organization goals.
Human Resource management (HRM) is to refer to the philosophy, policies, procedures related to the management of people within organization.
HR management functions through which manager recruit, select, train and develop organization members.
HRM is the systematic planning, development and control of network of interrelated processes affection and involving all members of an organization. These processes include-
- HR planning & forecasting
- Job & work design
- Staffing / recruitment & selecting
- Training & development
- Performance appraisal & review
- Compensation & reward
- Employee protection & representation
- Organization improvement
Objectives of HRM:
The objectives of HRM can be described as follows-
- To hire the right person for the job
- To reduce employee turnover
- To motive people to perform at high effort levels
- Not to waste time useless interviews
- To maintain a high morale & better human relations inside the organizational peace
- To maintain organizational peace
- To attract competent people and retain them in the organization
- To recognize and satisfy individual needs.
Basic Principles of HRM:
- Treat people with respect and dignity ;
- Treat people as adults ;
- Deal with people as complete individuals ;
- Treat all employees with justice ;
- provide people with opportunities for growth and development ;
- Make people feel that they are most valuable asset for the organization ;
- Rewards should be earned, not given ;
- Not to underestimate the potentials of people ;
- Provide people with all relevant information.
Approach of HRM:
People are the strategic asset of an organization. People have core competency, the basis of competitive advantage.
Human resource approach
People are human beings with a lot of potentials and intellectual abilities.
People are commodity. They are viewed as a cog of a machine.
Anticipate challenge of problem before they arise. Preventive is better than curative.
Philosophy of HRM:
- Labor is viewed as a technical factor of production. They are treated as a commodity and they can be bought and sold. They are hired and fired at will. It is consistent with theory X.
- Labor is viewed as human factor with a lot of positive potentials, so they must be treated with respect and dignity. This is consistent with theory Y of McGregor.
Responsibilities of HR Department in Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited :
|VP, HR||Executive Committee, Organization Planning, HR Planning policy, Organization development|
|AVP, Recruitment & Employment||Recruiting, Interviewing, testing, Placement & Termination|
|AVP, Compensation & benefits||Job analysis and evaluation, surveys, performance appraisal, Compensation administration, Bonus, Profit Sharing Plans, Employee benefits.|
|AVP, Training & development||Orientation, Training, Management development, Career planning & Development.|
|AVP, Employee relations||EEO relations, Contract Compliance, Staff Assistance Programs, Employee Counseling.|
Concept of HR Planning & Forecasting:
HR planning is the first step in the recruiting and selection process. `Human Resource planning is the process of assessing the organization’s human resource needs in light of organizational goals and making plans to ensure that a competent stable workforce is employed ` —Wendell French.
`Personal planning is the process of deciding what positions the firm will have to fill, and how to fill them.’—Gary Dessler.
In the words of coleman bruce (1997) HRM is the process of determining manpower requirements and the means of meeting those requirements in order to carry out the integrated plan of the organization.
According to the above definitions, HRP consists of the following elements:
- Establishing and reorganizing the future job requirement;
- Identifying deficiency in terms of quantity;
- Identifying the deficiency in terms of quality & specification ;
- Identifying the sources of right type of man ;
- developing the available manpower and
- Ensuring the effective utilization of workforce.
Steps of HR planning:
HR planning is a process involving few stages:
Integrate HR planning with corporate Planning the first stage of Hr planning is to integrate it with corporate planning. All manpower planning stems from business plans in relation to a corporate strategy.
Forecasting internal & external environment:
The second stage in HR planning is to forecast of assess the internal and external environmental factors that affect demand and supply of labor. Environmental factors include government influences economic, geographic and competitive condition.
Assessment of internal HR capabilities:
The next stage is the analysis of internal inventory of HR capabilities. Assessment of internal strengths and weakness as a part of HR planning requires the current job and employees capabilities are audited and organizational capabilities are inventoried.
Predicting & forecasting HR demand and supply:
The information gathered from external environmental Scanning and assessment of internal strengths and weaknesses is used to predict of forecast HR supply and demand in light of organizational objectives and strategies.
To locate the required HR:
Once the demand for HR has been forecasted, then their availability must be identified. The forth stage of HR planning is to locate the sources from where personnel required will be available. The source may be internal and external.
Allocation of HR
The final stage o HRP is concerned with allocation o human resources within an organization over time.
Forecasting HR Needs:
When a firm makes a plan for employment requirements, the firm usually needs to forecast personal needs, the supply of inside & outside candidates. Different techniques like, trend analysis, ratio analysis, scatter plot can be used to estimate staffing needs.
Trend analysis means studying variation in the firm’s employment levels over last five years.
The scatter plot
A scatter plot shows graphically how two variables; business activity and firm’s staffing levels are related. For example, a newly established bank, which has 20 branches, expects to expend to 58 branches over the next five years. The HR director wants to forecast the requirement of manpower. The director can analyze the relationship between size of another 5 well-reputed banks (in terms of number o branches) and their existing manpower.
|Name of Banks||Size (number of Br.)||Existing manpower|
|Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited||58||1215|
If the bank carefully draws in a line to minimize the distances between the line and each one of the plotted points, the bank will be able to estimate the optimum number of staff needed for each bank size. Thus, for a 58 branches bank, the HR director would assume he needs nearly 1215 staffs.
A forecasting technique for determining future staff needs by using ratio between, for example, number of customers and employee needed.
Forecasting the Internal HR Supply:
Once the demand for labor is predicted, it is necessary to forecast the supply of labor that the organization will already have available to meet the demand. The internal supply of labor is constantly changing as new people enter and others resin, retire or are discharged. to predict the future supply the organization needs to maintain Management Inventory Human Resource Information System(HRIS).
Forecasting the External HR supply:
The firms can’t always get all the employees they need from their current staff and some time they just don’t want to. So, forecasting the availability of outside supply is extremely important in human resource planning. Because of the need for continuous and adequate staffing, every enterprise depends on the quality and quantity of human resources external to it.
Practices in the Bank:
The bank follows most of steps of HR planning i.e. integrate HR planning with corporate planning, assessment of internal HR capabilities and so on. Although they do not follow scatter plot and trend analysis, but they follow ratio analysis for forecasting future HR needs.
Recruitment and Selection Procedure of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited
Human Resource management involves all management decisions and practices that directly affect or influence the person or human resources who work for the organization. In recent years increased attention has been devoted to how organizations manage human resources. This increased attention comes from the realization that an organization’s employees enable organization to achieve its goal and management of this human resource is critical to an organization’s success. The presence of human being is no new invention but identifying them as a resource in a more formal way has been made in the recent days. The history of HRM can be characterized as moving through four phases as craft system, scientific management system, the human resource relationship approach and the current organizational science such as human resource approach.
The company considers human resource as an integral part of corporate management for higher productivity. Company follows a dedicated policy for recruitment, training and development, motivating, organizing and retaining and maintaining the existing human resources on the basis of quality education, training and operating experiences.
An organization is nothing without human resource. Human resource department is concerned with the “people” dimension in management. Since every organization is made up of people, acquiring their services, developing their skills, motivating them to high levels of performance, are essential to achieving organizational objectives and ensuring that they continue to maintain commitment to the organization.
The need for efficient Human Resources was appreciated by Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited Management long back in 1994 when EXIM Bank -a finance company formed by the sponsors in the private sector at the initiative of the Government —was converted into a full-fledged commercial bank. It was felt that definite policies in this regard are required. The bank, therefore, Strived for appropriate policies in the area of Human Resource in the past several Years. As a result, certain policies have, in the process, historically evolved. Though these policies have been revised, amended and modified suitably from time to time, yet it was felt that the present policies require drastic changes in view of the wide ranging changes in the sector.
Responsibility of HR Management:
Human Resources Division of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited will be responsible for management of human resources of the Bank. Human Resource Management comprises the fowling 4 (four) basic function:
- Training and Development
- Motivation and
Definition of Recruitment:
The quality of an organization’s human resources depends on the quality of its recruits. Recruit is the process of finding and attracting capable applicants for employment. The process begins when new recruits are sought and ends when their applicants are submitted. The result is a pool of applicants from which new employees are selected.
Managers become involved because they want the best people they can get, and they often know about places where appropriate applicants can be found.
The HR plan can be especially helpful because it shows the recruiter both present opening and those expected in the future.
Definition of Selection:
Although most employees do not use such an elaborate screening device, all employees put applicants through a selection process. The selection process is a series of specific steps used to decide which recruits should be hired. The process begins when recruits apply for employment and ends with the hiring decision.
Recruiting & selection are combined and called the employment function in many HR departments. In a large HR department, the employment function is the responsibility of the employment manager. In a smaller department, the HR manager handles these duties. Employment is often the primary reason for the department’s existence, since the selection process is central to the HR function.
Steps of Selection:
Step- 1 : Preliminary Reception-
A preliminary reception interview may be granted as a courtesy, and then the applicant appears in person. This “courtesy interview”, as it is often called, is a matter of good public relation. It also helps the department screen out obvious misfits and get information on these “drop-in” applicants.
Step- 2 : Employment Tests-
Employment tests are devices that assess the match between the applicants and job requirements. Some are paper-and-pencil tests; others are exercises that simulate work conditions. Tests are used more frequently for candidates for jobs that are paid by the our than for management openings because hourly jobs usually have a limited number of skills that are more easily tested.
Step- 3 : Selection Interview-
The selection interview is a formal, in-depth conversation conducted to evaluate an applicant’s acceptability. The interviewer seeks to answer three broad question:
Can the applicant do the job?
Will the applicant do the job?
How does the applicant compare with others who are being considered for the job?
Selection interview are the most widely used selection technique. Their popularity stems from their flexibility.
Step- 4 : References and Background-
Credential distortion by applicants suggests that reference and background checks are important, especially when customers coworkers may be harmed by poor performance or illegal behavior. Research suggests that credential distortion occurs frequently.
Step- 5 : Medical Evaluation-
The selection process may include a medical evaluation of the applicant before the hiring decision is made. The medical evaluation may:
Entire the employer to lower health or life insurance rates for company-paid insurance.
Be required by state or local health officials, particularly in food-handling operations where communicable diseases are a danger.
Be useful to evaluate whether the applicant can handle the physical or mental stress of a job
Step- 6 : Supervisory Interview-
The ultimate responsibility for a newly hired worker’s success falls to the workers immediate supervisor. The supervisor is often able to evaluate the applicant’s technical abilities. When supervisors make the financial decision, the employment function provides a supervisor with the best prescreened applicants available. From those two or three applicants, the supervisor decides whom to hire.
Step-7 : Realistic Job-
Realistic job previews supplement the supervisory interview. A realistic job preview (RJP) shows the employee the job and setting before the hiring decision is made. Often this involves showing the candidate the type of work, equipment, working conditions involved. In some case an RJP is provided as part of the recruiting process to weed out inappropriate candidates. Not all companies use RJPs.
Step-8: Hiring Decision-
The HR department makes the final hiring decision. Hiring marks the end of the selection process, assuming that the candidate accepts the job offer. The hiring process involves more than just extending an offer. To maintain good public relations, employees should notify applicants who are not selected.
Recruitment is the process of discovering / attracting potential candidates for filling in actual or anticipated organizational vacancies. It is a linking activity between existing or anticipated job to be manned and those seeking jobs.
Objectives of Recruitment Policy:
- To ensure that the availability of Human Resource with requisite skills, expertise knowledge and abilities is at par with the Bank’s demand for the same.
- To ensure that the continued operation of the Bank goes smoothly with rights number of Human resources of right quality.
- To ensure that the most promising and best qualified candidates are selected for filling up organizational vacancies.
Basis of Recruitment:
Recruitment in all grades will be need based. While ascertaining need for human resources, the following factors, among others, will be taken in to consideration:
- Growth in Business of the Bank
- Possible expansion of branch network.
- Addition of new responsibilities due to change in regulatory framework.
- Vacancies arising out of promotion / retirement/ dismissal / termination / resignation / death , etc
- Succession requirement
The management of the Bank will analyze the manpower requirement of Branches /Offices at least once a calendar year—preferably in January or December. After assessment of manpower need in line with the organogram of branches/officers, Management will recruit required number of candidates as per recruitment policy. All appointments will be made in accordance with Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited Service Rules, Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited Administrative powers and as per norms/ guidelines of Bangladesh Bank.
General Requirements for all grades:
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh.
- Must be a physically and mentally fit as declared by Bank’s Physician or Civil Surgeon of any district or any physician of any physician of any registered Medical College / University/ Hospital .
- Candidates other than lateral entries must not be over 30(thirty) years of age.
- Must submit a declaration of age supported by S.S.C or equivalent /school leaving certificate. No change subsequently through affidavit or otherwise will be admissible.
Recruitment of Probationary Officers will made every year through advertisement is national Dailies. Written Test for selection of Probationary Officers shall be conducted by BIBM or IBA, DU. In case of non availability of service of BIBM or IBA, DU, any other competent organization may be entrusted with the responsibility of conducting the written test.
CGPA Equivalent to Division/ Classes:
In determining CGPA equivalent to Division /Classes, the following yardsticks are to be followed in terms of Bangladesh University Grants Commission’s guidelines :
On 4- point scale :
1st Division / Class: CGPA 3.00 or above
2nd Division / Class: CGPA 2.25 or above but less than 3.00
3rd Division / Class: CGPA 1.65 or above but less than 2.25
On 5- point scale :
1st Division / Class: CGPA 3.75 or above
2nd Division / Class: CGPA 2.81 or above but less than 3.75
3rd Division / Class: CGPA 2.06 or above but less than 2.81
Examination results which are published as Pass (say, MBBS), the percentage of marks obtained shall be taken into consideration for determining Division /Classes or equivalent CGPA
For determining equivalence of grade of ‘O’ & ‘A’ level candidates, the norms followed by institute of Business Administration, DU/Faculty of Business Studies, DU/UGC will be followed.
Authority for Recruitment:
Approval of recruitment as per ‘Recruitment Policy’ in all Grades will be made as per norms/ guidelines of Bangladesh Bank.
Back ground Checking will mean checking the academic and professional background and other necessary particulars of employees at the time of their entry in Bank’s service and/ or during their tenure of service with the Bank.
Objectives of Background Checking Policy:
- To ensure that the updated service record of employee are available at any point of time for perusal of Management
- To ensure compliance of directives of regulatory authority/ Board pertaining to human resources of the Bank.
Background Checking from & Its Maintenance:
The following ‘Background Checking From’ will be maintained & completed by Human Resource Division, Head Office, Dhaka as a tool for background checking.
Background Checking From:
|SL NO||Components||Please tick|
|01||Whether the employee has put his/her signature and date on the ‘Appointment Letter’ for acceptance of the terms and conditions of the same by him/her?|
|02||Whether the employee has provided document / paper evidencing his/ her permanent citizenship of Bangladesh?|
|03||Whether the employee has Provided certificate evidencing his/ her age?|
|04||Whether the employee has provided medical certificate regarding his/her physical and mental fitness?|
|05||Whether the employee has provided required photographs ?|
|06||Whether the employee has provided attested copies of all certificates relating to his/ her academic / Professional qualification ?|
|07||Whether the original certificates provided by the employee apparently seem to be genuine and tally with the attested copies?|
|08||Whether the employee has provided character certificate from 2 (two) respectable persons?|
|09||Whether the employee has provided reference of (two) respectable persons acceptable to the Bank?|
|10||Has the employee provided ‘Release Order’ from his previous employer (for lateral entrant only)|
|11||Has the employee provided attested copy of ‘Service Book’ after verification of the with the original one?|
|12||Has the employee executed the ‘Declaration of Fidelity and Secrecy’ From?|
|13||Has the employee executed the ‘Agreement From’?|
|14||Has the employee executed the ‘Declaration of Ethics’ in observance of Code of Ethics/ Conduct in Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited ?|
|15||Has the ‘Service Agreement’ executed between the employee and the Bank been obtained?|
(for employees on ‘Contract only)
|16||Has the employee executed ‘Security Bond’?|
(for P.O/OG-II/ Cash Officer only)
|17||Whether the employee has submitted joining report?|
|18||Has the employee completed ‘membership From’ of Insurance Company for inclusion of self and spouse’s names as ‘Insured under the contract?|
|19||Has the employee completed ‘Nomination Forms’ for Provident Fund, Gratuity, Group Insurance and Welfare Fund?|
|20||Has the available information of the employee been recorded in the PMIS Software’ and Registers’?|
Reasons for NO/N/A:
Officer (Joining & Insurance), HRD Officer (HRIS), HRD
Verification of certification
Management of the Bank may, if necessary, verify, the genuineness of any Certificate or all Certificates/ Testimonials submitted by any employee from any education Board / University/ Institution
In the event of submission of any forget Certificate/ Testimonial by any employee, Management of the Bank shall take administration action including termination /dismissal /removal against the concerned employee, considering the nature of each case.
Verification of past service Records, Etc of Lateral Entrants:
Management of the Bank may, if felt necessary, enquire into the past service records of a lateral entrant or verify the authenticity of any certificate or all certificates/ testimonials submitted by any lateral entrant regarding his/ her experience or qualification shall make him/her liable for punishment as per Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited Employee (Discipline & Apparel) Rules-2003.
Disqualification for Recruitment:
HR Department will consider the following as disqualifications for employment:
- A person less than 18 years of old shall not be recruited.
- A person mentally unfit, incapable etc.
- A person, who has been forced to retire or dismissed or removed from government services or from the services of any organization as a result of disciplinary action taken in pursuance of relevant rules or regulations in force.
A former employee may be re-employed through a new recruitment without having any relation to his/her prior employment.
Former staff may be considered for re-employment through open competition, if they have been retrenched of if they resigned due to personal problem. The personal confidential file to be reviewed to ensure that the person under consideration for re-employment has not been marked as ‘DO NOT REHIRE’. In both cases re-employment will be competitive and not automatic.
However, in case of retrenchment and again re-employment in the same job, the employee’s previous salary will be taken to consideration.
Certain types of resignation circumstances also prohibit an individual from being re-employed, including:
- forced resignation
- protest resignation
- resigned during probationary period and
- Poor performing staff who resigned.
Vacancies may occur when new positions are created or when the incumbent of an existing position separates from EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED or is transferred to another position.
Eligibility to Apply:
All positions as a general rule will be opened to qualified internal and external candidates.
EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED employees may apply for any position if they are qualified. Any employee with requisite qualifications and background can apply directly HR Department for the advertised position irrespective of his/her present grade.
Requirement Analysis By Respective Department:
When a position becomes available within the company, concerned departmental head will analysis the need of new employee. After determining the need a personnel requisition forms (PRF) to be filled by the concerned department and send to HR department. The PRF will contain the following information:
- Job position
- Reporting to as per organogram
- Job description
- Educational/Professional qualification
- Experience details
- Date to be filled up the position.
Approval of the Requirement:
HR department will analysis the whole thing and discussed with the top management of the company for getting the approval of the recruitment.
a) Candidate Search:
The Human Resources function will source candidates and provide a shortlist for review by Line Management. Company can hire employee through various external sources, Depends on companies needs. To source candidates the following methods should be considered:
- Data Company of CVs
- Advertisements (Local and International press)
- Online job circular
B) Liaison with Sources of Supply Of Labor And Newspaper Announcements:
Notifications about vacancies will be circulated widely in daily newspapers or online jobsite or Recruitment agency or University campus and other media depending on necessities. It may be circulated in one or two or all the media at a time, Management has sole rights to take decision regarding this.
C) Quality Control of Advertisement:
The advertisement will be reviewed against the standard format. HRM must ensure that EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED external image is maintained properly, and so that consistency between projects is achieved.
Minimum Notice Period:
The minimum notice period between advertisement and competition closure is normally 7 working days, but HR dept will take final decision regarding this.
Cost Associated With Interview Of Candidates:
EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED no longer pays expenses of candidates for attending interviews.
Composition of the Recruitment Board:
The recruitment Board must consist of more than one employees including one representative must from HR Department. It may represent diversity in terms of gender. While it is vital that at least one member of the Board have adequate knowledge about the job and have specific skills and competencies of the position being interviewer (generally the line manager can do this),it is equally important that others bring a broader perspective about what Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited does to the recruitment process.
Screening of Applications:
After receiving applications HRM will count/check against the HRIS as the initial screening process. HRM must ensure careful handling of applications at all stages of the process to ensure that no applications are misplaced. HRM must also ensure the eligibility of the candidates applying.
After completing all the screening process the short listed CVs will be sent to the Head of the employing unit/department.
Compile a recruitment board:
For short-listing, written test and viva voice, the recruitment board will be compiled as follows, ensuring that all members are at least one Grade above that of the position.
- Short-listing-is generally done by one HR Representative.
- Written Test- is conducted by –one person from other department and one HR Representative.
- Viva voice- is conducted by at least 3 persons, Manager of concerned Dept, one HRM representative and one person from another Department.
Interview questions should focus on areas relevant to the performance of the job. The same minimum set of questions must be asked of candidates, although the board may ask additional questions at their discretion.
Any question, scenario or situation given to candidates during written or oral tests must bear a relevance to the required skills or competencies for the position. Question must present a positive professional image of EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED and shall not cast doubt on the integrity or capacity of any person or unit within EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED or in another organization.
During interview time there should be follow a candidate assessment form to look the over view the candidate.
Short-Listing of application:
Before starting, responsible person(s) shall fix up strategy on the basis of number of positions & number of applications received, it may be reduced through primary initial screening A standard qualitative screening tool may be utilized to ensure transparency. Criteria should relate to competencies defined for the position and evidence of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited requirements for employees.
EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED believes in equal employment opportunity. EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED will not discriminate against a candidate’s religion, culture, physical handicap, age, etc., unless such aspect is directly related to requirements of the job. However, consideration in a positive sense may be given to a person’s religions, sex, and ethnicity to promote gender and diversity.
Disqualification of repeat applicants:
The candidates who are called for final selection or finally selected for joining but not joined or already joined the organization and left at training period are disqualify from further consideration.
No Objection from Current Employer:
Candidates must produce resignation acceptance and release order in original forms from his or her preceding organization prior an appointment with Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited The original copy of the resignation acceptance and release order on official letterhead must be verified first by HR. Department before signing an appointment letter. A verified copy of the ‘No Objection’ certificate, along with educational and experience certificates will be maintained in the Personal Confidential File.
Other Interest outside Employment:
Before starting the job employee should inform the HR Department if he or she maintains other income-sources.
Other income-sources (legal or illegal): Management of EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED does not give permission to employees other income-sources while he is a member of EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED
TYPES OF EMPLOYEE: Various types of employees at Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited are as follows:
a) Apprentice: An apprentice is a learner who is paid allowances during the period of his learning, No other facilities shall be entitled to this post. Management has sole right to take decision regarding appointment of apprentice.
During the apprenticeship period management may terminate the apprentice contract without assigning any reasons. An apprentice who wishes to terminate his or her contract will provide 15 days notice.
An apprentice from apprenticeship program will not be eligible for applying for EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED jobs during the apprenticeship period. However, after successfully completion, s/he may apply for any suitable position if vacancy announce.
b) Transfer Worker: EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED reserves the right to locate staff to different location as required by management objectives. Staffs recognize that EXPORT IMPORT BANK OF BANGLADESH LIMITED working areas are often favorable. Transfer of employees from one location to another must have HR Manager or CEO’s or COO’s approval. Before finalizing a transfer decision, a minimum of seven days notice will be provided to the staff.
d) Casual Worker: The time of festival days or when work pressure is more company can appoint some people as casual worker. Only consulted amount shall be paid on contract basis. People who are engaged indefinite job or for definite period, means employment is casual in mature, occasional.
e) Temporary Worker: For a very short period of a time company can appoint few people on conduct basis. Worker who has been engaged work which is essentially of temporary nature and is likely to be finished within a limited period.
Permanent Worker: A worker in order to be treated as permanent worker need not require appointment on permanent basis. It will be sufficient if he has satisfactorily completed the period of probation. Permanent Employee is entitled to get various allowances, bonus, provident fund and Gratuity etc.
Once the candidate is selected, the Human Resources Department will negotiate the salary to be offered. The employing department should be kept fully briefed of the status and any problems that may develop.
The negotiation will take into account the Following
- Availability of the skill/s in the market.
- Candidate’s current compensation package.
- The market rate for the job.
- Internal parity vis-à-vis employees in similar jobs with equivalent experience levels and skills should be maintained.
Once the selection is completed, Human Resources Department will carry out reference checks on the candidate. These reference checks will include
Background check/Reference investigation: Reference checks to verify factual information previously provided by the applicant and to uncover damaging information such as criminal record, suspended driving license etc.
The actual background investigation and reference can take many forms or any single form depends on situation.
- Management must try to verify an applicant’s current (or former) position and salary with his or her current (or former) employer by phone. (Assuming doing so was cleared with candidate).
- Management may call applicant current or previous supervisor to try to discover more about the person’s motivation, technical competence and ability to work with others.
- References from all previous employers (both verbal and written). These should be sent directly to the Human Resources departments and not to individuals suggested by the applicant.
- Authentication of all education certificates directly with the universities/institutions.
No candidate should start work until fully satisfactory references are received from the last two employers and a release letter is obtained from the last employer.
Internal Recruitment Process:
Internal candidates will be given first preference for all vacancies unless the job is such that specialized skills are required, which are not available within the Company. The methods of sourcing internal candidates would be:
- Identified candidates within the Company as per succession plan.
- Identification of candidates within the Company with required profile and experience
b) Screening of Applications
The initial screening of applications would be done by Human Resources Department and the immediate manager of the position being recruited. Initial interviews of the short listed candidates would also be done jointly.
The final shortlist of candidates will be interviewed by the HR manager / department head. Based on this, a final decision to select the most appropriate candidate will be made by the head of the department.
All candidates who had applied to the internal advertisement should be informed on the final selection decision within a week of completing the selection exercise.
Terms & Conditions of Employment:
Office hours are from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday.
A lunch break of 1 (one) hour between 1.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. will be facilitated.
The working hours and schedules of other activities are set in line with business needs and will be based on a 48 hours working week.
Office Hours during Hartal/Strike:
Regardless of the political situation of the country the company has to ensure business continuity and therefore Head Office remains open during Hartals; until specifically mentioned otherwise.
Employees are requested to attend office. However, they are requested to use their own judgment and required to attend office only if they feel that it is safe for them to travel and there are no significant problems on the road. Employees must notify their Line Manager or Department Coordinator if s/he is unable to come to office due to security and safety issues.
In case of absence due to security reasons, employees need to compensate the lost working hours by working on weekends or working extra hours during holidays. Line Managers of the employee will keep track of compensatory working days. Employees entitled for overtime and week end allowance need to compensate for lost working hours during hartal; before claiming overtime and weekend allowance.
In case an employee is unable to come to office; s/he is required to submit a leave application. Please note that, no leave will be deducted, this is for record keeping purposes only. Leave will be deducted only if this absence is not compensated according to the above mentioned way.
Office timing remains flexible during Hartal days and employees may come to office at a time they feel safe and comfortable on the road.
The Company will observe holidays as per the List of Holidays announced at the beginning of the year. The Company will use the MCCI (Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce & Industry) published list of holidays as the basis of determining the holidays it will observe as Company public holidays. Company reserves the right to shift or adjust Public holidays according to the need of the Company.
All Bangladeshi permanent employees are required to undergo a probationary period of 1 year. If the performance of an incumbent is not found suitable during the first 1 year; the probation period may be extended for another 6 months with clear targets. The duration of the probation period may be varied at the discretion of the Company.
HR will inform the Line Managers two weeks in advance from the date of their subordinate’s confirmation. All Line Managers will evaluate their employees in the prescribed Probation Appraisal form and rate their performance during the probation period. Based on the performance ratings; HR may adjust the salary level for employees.
No confirmation letter will be issued until a Probation Appraisal form is completed and duly signed by the Line Manager and Department Head.
The Company at its absolute discretion may transfer an employee from one job to another or one location to another or from one department to another, one Head Office entity to another, within and outside Branch office should it be required for business requirements or training & development purposes or any other business requirements. The transfer will be communicated through Head office. A copy of the transfer letter duly authorized will be handed over to the employee only if there are changes in the terms and conditions of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities shall be those set forth by the company from time to time. Additional duties may be assigned and the job description may be modified from time to time by the company in order to accommodate changing circumstances and business needs. The duties and responsibilities shall be conducted in accordance with the company policy, rules & regulations, standing orders etc. The Employee agrees to perform all the duties set forth in his/her job description as well as those assigned by the Company.
Employees have the right to have a job description. Line Manager of the employee is responsible to provide job description with the assistance of HR department.
During the employment with Head Office and thereafter, an employee will keep strict secrecy regarding the business of the Company. S/he will not divulge to any person, firm or Company, whosoever, other than to the Directors of this Company or their authorized representatives, or when required by Law, his/her salary, increments and benefits, and all business related confidential information of any description, acquired by him/her while in HRD, Head Office service, concerning the business or the affairs of the Company or of any of its associates or branches, their customers and suppliers.
Training & Development:
This Section is responsible for assessing training needs in collaboration with the operating/line Managers and in advanced countries of the world. This Section is also responsible for the career planning of all the top Executives of the organization.
Functions of HRD Section:
Assessing Training needs- Each unit will assess it Manpower’s training needs on an annual basis based the objectives specified in the Annual Operating Plan as well as the analysis of individual training needs defined in Individual Operating Plans emerging out of the Annual Performance Appraisal process. Prior to these annual planning exercises, HRD will provide instructions and guidance about how this planning should occur.
The responsibility for assessing training needs is shared:
- Employees together with their supervisors will discuss competenciesand areas that need development as part of the annual appraisal process.
- Supervisors will negotiate with their employees about which areas can be feasibly developed. The supervisor and coordination unit must provide the required support (financial, time, logistics) needed to make the training
- Department need to assess their future directions and needs. Out of this planning process will emerge training priorities. It is important that senior managers are sincere and transparent with information sharing about planned trainingevents and approaches.
- HRDmust play a coordinating role. Besides compiling training plans, its role is to match needs with planned initiatives.
Analysis & Findings
Specific job Analysis Process
|1||Is there any specific job analysis process in this organization||5||4||80||1||20|
According to table A, for specific job analysis process, it was found that out of 5 respondents, 4 respondents (80%) think “yes” and 1respondent (20%) think “no comments” for recruitment and selection process.
|1||Comment on effectiveness and manpower planning in this organization||5||1||20||4||80||1||20|
According to table B, for manpower planning, it was found that out of 5 respondents, 1 respondent (20%) think “very good” and 4 respondents (80%) think “good” for recruitment and selection process.
|1||According to job analysis process?||5||2||40||2||40||1||20|
|2||According to project basis?||5||3||60||2||40|
|3||According to manpower planning?||5||3||60||1||20||1||20|
According to table C, for employee recruitment, it was found that out of 15 respondents,5 respondents (100%) think “always”, 3 respondents (60%) think “most of the time”, 3 respondents (60%) thinks “sometimes” and 4 respondents (80%) thinks “sometimes” and 4 respondents (80%) think “not necessary” for recruitment and selection process.
Source of Employment
|1||What is the source of employment?||5||1||20||4||80|
According to table D, for source of employment, it was found that out of 5 respondents, 1 respondent (20%) think “external source” and 4 respondents (80%) think “both” for recruitment and selection process.
|1||How do you know about job vacancy in this organization||5||4||80||1||20|
According to table E, for Job Vacancy, it was found that out of 5 respondents, 4 respondents (80%) think “newspaper” and I respondent (20%) think “recruitment agency” for recruitment and selection process.
|1||Do you think the recruitment policy of your organization is proper?||5||5||100|
According to table F, for recruitment policy, it was found that out of 5 respondents, 5 respondents (100%) think “yes” for recruitment and selection process.
|1||During your selection process what as you think is the best||5||5||100|
According to table G, for Selection Process, it was found that out of 5 respondents, 5 respondents (100%) think “Written test” for recruitment and selection process.
|1||Induction training is Held for new employee||5||3||60||2||40|
According to table H, for induction training, H was found that out of 5 respondents, 3 respondents (60%) think “Commonly for all levels” and 2 respondents (40%) think “sometimes” for recruitment and selection process.
|1||Are you satisfied with your Current position?||5||2||40||3||60|
According to table I, for Satisfaction, it was fond that out of 5 respondents, 2 respondents (40%) think “yes” and respondents (60%) think “no comments” for recruitment and selection process.
Opportunity for New Job
|1||What factor your will consider incase of an opportunity for new job in other organization?||5||1||20||3||60||1||20|
According to table J, for Opportunity for New Job, it was found that out of 5 respondents, 1 respondents (20%) think “Salary and facilities” 3 respondents (60%) think “Job security” and 1 respondents (20%) think “environment and reputation of organization “ for recruitment and selection process.
The SWOT analysis comprises of the Organization’s internal strength and weakness and external opportunities and threats. SWOT analysis gives an organization an insight of what they can do in future and how they can compete with their existing competitors. This tool is very important to identify the current position of the organization relative to others, who are playing in the same field and also used in the strategic analysis of the organization. That is why this section of the report discusses about SWOT analysis of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited .
- Sound profitability and growth with good internal capital generation.
- Experienced and efficient management term and human resource
- Recruitment of brilliant MBA, BIBM, BBA
- Quality products and services
- Better infrastructural facilities and friendly corporate culture
- Already established Company reputation and goodwill as a leading Bank
- Long historical banking experience in the region.
- Strong Financial Position
- Excellent advertising efforts.
- Motivated young people with strong commitment.
- Customer loyalty.
- Welfare for the society
- Strong image and good reputation.
- Always consumer focus.
- Clear vision.
- Better location of the branch
- Highly motivated and pro-active team of employees.
- High quality transaction processing across the Group.
- Focused and detailed marketing plan with prior concurrence from Credit Management.
- Full-fledged back –up data center support.
- Marginal capital adequacy
- High concentration on fixed deposits and large-scale loans
- Lack of adequate marketing (advertising and promotion) effort
- Lack of full scale automation
- Smaller number of branches in Bangladesh in comparison with the major competitors likes Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited
- Lack of proper motivation, training and job rotation
- Customer service booths are not available.
- Poor waiting arrangements at Motijheel Branch leads to customer discomfort.
- Not flexible. Very compliant to rules and regulations.
- Some lack of experience and motivation at mid-level management.
- Employees not have enough basic knowledge about computer. They only know how can use the Mysis (Software).
- Greater participation in management could be achieved.
- Indicate working force
- Conservative loan policy
- Still the bank is not fully computerized. So manual registers are used some cases.
- Less interest payment then others in some accounts.
- Lack of computer in the branch.
There is no IT manager. So sometime simply problem kill the valuable time both the client and employees.
- Scope of market penetration through diversified products
- Automation of transaction processes and online branch banking
- Government’s policy of encouraging heavy inflow of foreign investment
- Regulatory environment favoring private sector development
- Value addition in products and services
- Increasing purchasing power of people
- Increasing trend in international business
- Retail Banking—Asset based products like Mortgage loans, Consumer Loans (ex. car loans)
- Electronic Banking could be installed.
- ATM Both should be expanded.
- Foreign Exchange policy liberalization to encourage foreign investments, thus increasing the inter bank and corporate FX revenue.
- Devaluation of taka raised concerns for better FX management amongst corporate customers, which will create more opportunities for FX corporate business.
- Sophisticated customers service schemes of the Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited.
- Market leadership of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited
- Increased competition for market share in the industry
- Frequent changes of banking rules by the Central Bank
- Market pressure for lowering of lending rate
- National and global political unrest
- Default culture of credit
- Other commercial banks operating in Bangladesh, e.g. Standard Chartered Bank, Dutch Bangla Bank, Islami Bank Ltd.
- Political instability.
- Intense competition
- Market segmentation
- Government rules and regulation
The Portfolio Matrix is a tool for allocating resources. The portfolio Matrix was developed by Boston Consulting Group (BCG), so that it is also called BCG Matrix.
It shows the linkages between business growth rate and the market share. Placing products in the BCG matrix results in 4 categories in a portfolio of a company.
Business in the question mark with a high growth rate & weak market share. It usually requires cash investment. In stars business in the high growth rate & strong market share. It use large amounts of cash and are leaders in the business so they should also generate large amounts of cash.
In the cash cow, businesses have low growth rate and strong market share. They are usually established in the market, such as: multinational company. In the dogs, the business has low growth rate and weak market share. This type of business are usually non profitable & generally should be close that business.
In the BCG Matrix Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited , stand in the Stars. Because they have high business growth rate and strong market share. If we see the last 5 years performance, we can see their business growth rate is gradually increasing compare to other leading bank in Bangladesh. For example: Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited.
- The Loan and advance department, deposit, foreign trade is growing up.
- In 2003 loan and advance department portfolio of EXIM Bank
- Was 22,257315 and in 2009 that was 36,475.74 million taka.
- And Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited was 16492 in 2005 & 57683 million taka in 2009.
- And EXIM Bank Deposit in 2007 was 27,762.12 and in 2009 that was 47,961.22 million taka. & Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited was 20483 in 2007 & 57683 million taka in 2009
In foreign trade EXIM Bank opened 18,039 import LCs worth USD 907.08 million and handling export document worth USD 14,369 million in 2009 & Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited import was 25441 in 2007 & 70617 million taka in 2009, and export was 16490 in 2007 & 51316 million taka in 2009.
- The organization have specific job analysis process.
- The organization have good manpower planning.
- The organization employee recruitment is made always on the basis of Manpower planning.
- The organization source of employment is internal and external.
- The organization job vacancy published by newspaper.
- The organization recruitment policy is proper.
- The organization during selection everybody have to face written test.
- The organization induction training is held for all level of new employee.
- The organization have no comments for satisfied the position.
- The organization job security will be considered for new job in other organization.
- The recruitment process of the organization is very lengthy and expensive. The organization should the cost and select the employee by restructuring the lengthy process.
- Recruitment advertisement may be published in both newspaper and website.
- There may be an option of application through online.
- Organization may be issued regrets letter to them who were not selected for the interview and shall be informed the reasons of regret.
- Recruitment and Selection processes complex and involve human decision making which could be imperfect. This needs careful monitoring to minimize subjectivity and ensure fairness.
- Quality of employee recruitment decision must be ensured.
- Recruitment and Selection process needs careful monitoring to minimize subjectivity and ensure fairness.
- Human is most dynamic resource for an organization. Getting the best person is a critical issue.
- Good and effective recruitment in effect is a job well began in the dynamics of organization’s growth and progress.
- The knowledge, skills, Experience and Job specific competences assessment framework currently development should reflect the guidance in the statutory codes of practice, be non-discriminatory, transparent, promote equality of opportunity and be objective.
- Recruitment and selection are an integral component of Human Resource activities, which includes employees training development and compensation and employee relation.
- A comprehensive monitoring system, tracking applicants from application through to appointment, should be developed and implemented.
The study “Recruitment and Selection Procedure of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited (EXIM)” under HRD revealed that people are most valuable resources for the progress of the organization. For the development of these valuable resources there are many factors involved. Recruitment and selection procedures play an important role. To increase the productivity of an organization effective, dynamic recruitment and selection procedure is essential.
“Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited” practices a progressive recruitment and selection procedures. HR officers of Standard Bank Limited are now expected to work beyond the boundaries of contracts and policies to contribute directly to the operation and success of the Financial Business Institution.
Moreover, Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited plays an active role for the development of our country. For this, Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited has the commendable improvement over the years. But as it has been said earlier, that the world is not moving with a bank or only with Bangladesh but we are moving with other country of the world with very high and effective competition only for their better recruitment Procedure. There are lots of multinational, national and emerging banks and existing banks are doing business with pace of acceleration. This is the time or EXIM Bank to build in the success they have achieved so far and go on with its mission. Otherwise “A Bank with Vision” wills only an illusion to them.