Human resources development refers to an organization’s focus on improving the knowledge, ability, skills, and other talents of their employees. It is the integrated use of training, organization, and career development efforts to improve individual, group, and organizational effectiveness. It is a process of developing skills, competencies, knowledge, and attitudes of people in an organization. The people become human resource only when they are competent to perform organizational activities.
Benefits of Human Resource Development
Human resource development nowadays is considered as the key to higher productivity, better relations, and greater profitability for any organization. Appropriate HRD provides unlimited benefits to the concerned organization. Some of the important benefits are being given here:
- HRD (Human Resource Development) makes people more competent. HRD develops new skill, knowledge, and attitude of the people in the concern organizations.
- With appropriate HRD programme, people become more committed to their jobs. People are assessed on the basis of their performance by having an acceptable performance appraisal system.
- An environment of trust and respect can be created with the help of human resource development.
- Acceptability toward change can be created with the help of HRD. Employees found themselves better equipped with problem-solving capabilities.
- It improves the all-round growth of the employees. HRD also improves team spirit in the organization. They become more open in their behavior. Thus, new values can be generated.
- It also helps to create the efficiency culture In the organization. It leads to greater organizational effectiveness. Resources are properly utilized and goals are achieved in a better way.
- It improves the participation of the worker in the organization. This improves the role of worker and workers feel a sense of pride and achievement while performing their jobs.
- It also helps to collect useful and objective data on employees programmes and policies which further facilitate better human resource planning.
Hence, it can be concluded that HRD provides a lot of benefits in every organization. So, the importance of the concept of HRD should be recognized and given a place of eminence, to face the present and future challenges in the organization.