Both minute and proceeding are most important, but also there is some difference. Proceedings are a specific set of events that happen within an amount of time. Minutes are simply minutes. The proceedings of the meeting and the minutes of the meeting are placed before the next meeting for confirmation. It is known as authentication of minutes. Proceedings mean the verbatim record for reporting or the discussions and decisions of a meeting.
Difference between minute and proceeding
- Minutes are the official record of the proceedings of the meeting and the decision reached therein.
- The secretary reads out the minutes of the last meeting and when it is accepted by the meeting as to its correctness, it is then authenticated. It is also known as a confirmation of minutes.
- Minutes could also refer to “meeting minutes”, which is a summary of what happened in a meeting.
- It is prepared after the meeting.
- It writes, in a concise form, the decision of the meeting.
- It records the resolutions only.
- Proceedings mean the verbatim record or report of the discussions and decisions of a meeting.
- It is a detailed record of the matters raised at the meeting, the discussions held on each motion and the decisions reached on each item.
- Proceedings would be more like a schedule of one or more meetings and could contain meeting minutes.
- It is prepared at the time of the meeting.
- It writes, in detail, the proceedings of the meeting.
- It records the discussion of the meeting.v