- First and foremost it is vital to put forward your appreciation in a sincere and respectable manner as they are your teacher.
- The tone of the letter should be honest and sincere.
- You must mention something specific about what this professor has done that you liked or was especially helpful.
- The tone of the letter should be formal and polite.
- Once you are done writing the letter, recheck for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
Sample Appreciation Letter to a Professor –
Date: (Date on which the letter is written)
Sub: Appreciation Letter to Professor
Dear Prof. (Name),
I am writing this letter to extend my heartiest appreciation towards you for delivering such a wonderful lecture on (subject) at (Venue) on (date). Your knowledge on the subject is too vast and has cleared a lot of my doubts. I had a chance to interact with you personally for discussing my queries.
I am sure that the notes given by you will definitely be helpful to us during our exams and I am sure that I am going to score well this year. I once again would like to express my gratitude towards you and wish to attend more such seminars conducted by you.
(Name of the student)
(Class/Batch of the student)