Organizational Vision and Mission of BRAC Bank Limited
BRAC Bank Limited, one of the latest generations of commercial banks, which started its journey on the 4th of July 2001 with a vi sion [0 be the absolute market leader. BRAe bank is a commercial scheduled bank ex tending full range of banking facilities as per the directives of Bangladesh bank. It intends to set standards as the absolute market leader by providing efficient, friendly and modem fully automated on-line service on a profitable basis. BRAC Bank in surviving in the large banking arena through its unique and competitive products and it is the only local bank providing 100% integrated on-line banking.
The Bank is mainly owned by the largest NGO in Bangladesh – BRAC. The Bank has positioned itself as a new generation Bank with a focus to meet diverse financial need a growing and developing economy.
The Bank has embarked with an avowed policy to promote broad based participation in the Banish economy through the provision of high quality banking service based on latest information technology. The Bank will ensure this by increasing access to economic opportunities for all individuals and businesses in Bangladesh with a special focus on currently under served enterprises and households across the rural urban spectrum. We believe that increasing the ability’ of under served individuals and enterprises to build their asset base and access market opportunities will increase the economic well being for all Bangladeshis.
BRAC Bank @ a Glance
Objectives of the Bank:
- To provide wide range of financial services professional, efficiently and competitively to achieve pre-eminent position in chosen market.
- Diversify revenue stream through product innovation.
- A Well-diversified credit portfolio, which produces a reliable and consistent return to investment.
Values of the Bank:
- Services to customers
- Quality in everything
- Competitiveness to win
- Growth and development of Bangladeshi people
- Continuous productivity improvement
- Professionalism and ethics in all actions
- Growing profit for stakeholders
- Pharmaceuticals, toiletries, chemicals and pesticides
- Power Generation, oil exploration, industrial and household gases (Liquid Petroleum Gases etc.)
- Edible Oil.
- Bulk Trading Essential Commodities, Industrial Raw Materials, Agricultural Inputs, Cement.
- Garments, Textiles and related backward linkages industries including spinning, knitting, yam, gamlents accessories etc.
- Food Processing and Beverage Industries
- Cable and Cable wire
- Information Technology
- Leasing Companies / Non Banking Financial Institutions
- Health Service Industry
- Non Governmental Organization (N.G.O) and other International Development Organizations lmporters/dealers of machinery, industrial, electrical equipment
- Bone china, ceramics, melamine, plastic products
- Manufacturing and Trading of Consumer Durables.
- Contractor Finance
- Ship Breaking, Re-rolling, Corrugated Lron (Cl) Sheet Mfg. and related business
- Air Lines, Shipping Lines, Freight Forwarders, Testing and Inspection agencies
- Footwear and Leather
- Tobacco Products
- Importers, Whole seller, Retailer
Target Customer Group:
- Leading Domestic Organizations
- Corporate and Trading Houses
- Local medium and large Corporate
The Corporate Banking Group would try to serve the financial market of the country with the following objectives.
- To develop and sustain mutually beneficial customer relationships based on high quality service and innovative products.
- Maintaining a diverse and quality asset base and pursue a sustainable growth strategy.
- To pursue a management style that contributes to the well-being and development of a fully responsible and accountable workforce under a high Corporate standard and business ethics.
- To provide and deliver services in a cost-effective manner.
BRAC Bank provides a comprehensive range of innovative corporate financial solutions tailored to suit each company’s needs. At the center of client’s relationship with BRAC Bank is an experienced and professional Management team with extensive industry knowledge. The Relationship Management team works closely with the client to understand and solve the financial requirements of the company. Of knowledge about various industry sectors encompasses global issues, the dynamics of the economy’s effect on the industry and business cycles and insight into market activity within this industry.
Following are some of the products that we offer our corporate clients:
- Short term loans
- Mid term Loans
- Letter of Credit
For security against the various facilities, BBL usually take cross-corporate guarantee and personal guarantee of the Directors of the private companies. In case sufficient collateral is not available, we create floating charge on present and future assets of the company with Registrar of Joint Stock Companies, equitable/registered mortgage etc.
Management of BRAC Bank Limited
Boards of directors are the sole authority to take decision about the affairs of the business. Now there are 5 directors in the management of the bank. All the directors have good academic background and have huge experience in business. Mr. Fazle Hasan Abed is the chairperson of the bank. The board of directors holds meetings on a regular basis.
Visions for the future
BRAC Bank will be a unique organization in Bangladesh. It will be a knowledgebased organization where the BRAC Bank professionals will learn continuously from their customers and colleagues worldwide to add value. They will work as a team, stretch themselves, innovate and break barriers to serve customers and create customer loyalty through a value chain of responsive and professional service delivery.
Continuous improvement, problem solution, excellence in service, business carefulness, efficiency and adding value will be the opera tive words of the organization. BRAC Bank will serve its customers with respect and will work velY hard to instill a strong customer service culture throughout the bank. It will treat its employees with dignity and will build a company of highly qualified professionals who have integrity and believe in the Bal1k’s vision and who are committed to its success. BRAC Bank will be a socially responsible institution that will not lend to businesses that have a detrimental impact on the environment and people. So BRAC Bank opera tes following a specific vision like:
“Building a profi table and socia lly responsible financial ins titution focused on Markets and Business with growth potential, thereby assis ting BRAC and stakeholders build a “just, enlightened, hea lthy, democratic and poverty free Bangladesh”.
- Sustained growth in ‘small & Medium Enterprise’ sector
- Continuous low cost deposit growth with controlled growth in Retained Assets
- Corporate Assets to be funded through self-liability mobilization. Growth in Assets through Syndications and Investment in faster growing sectors
- Continuous endeavor to increase fee based income
- Keep our Debt Charges at 2% to maintain a steady profitable growth
- Achieve efficient synergies between the bank’s Branches, SME Unit Offices and BRAC field offices for delivery of Remittance and Bank’s other products and services
- Manage various lines of business in a fully controlled environment with no compromise on service quality
- Keep a diverse, far flung team fully motiva ted and driven towards materializing the bank’s vision into reality
BRAC Bank will be the absolute market leader in the number of loans given to small and medium sized enterprises throughout Bangladesh. It will be a world class organization in terms of service quality and establishing relationships that help its customers to develop and grow successfully. It will be the Bank of choice both for its employees and its customers, the model bank in this part of the world
The objective of BRAC Bank Limited is specific and targeted to its vision and to position itself in the mindset of the people as a bank with difference. The objective of BRAC Bank Limited is as follows:
- Building a strong customer focus and relationship based on integri ty, superior service.
- To creating an honest, open and enabling environment
- To value and respect people and make decisions based on merit
- To strive fo r profit & sound growth
- To value the fact that they are the members of the BRAC family – committed to the creation of employment opportunities across Bangladesh.
- To work as a team to serve the best interest of our owners
- To relentless in pursuit of business innovation and improvement
- To base recognition and reward on performance
- To responsible, trustworthy and law-abiding in all that we do
- To mobilize the savings and channeling it out as loan or advance as the company approve.
- To establish, maintain, carryon, transact and undertake all kinds of investment and financial business including underwriting, managing and distributing the issue of stocks, debentures, and other securities.
- To finance international trade both in import and export.
- To develop the standard of Living of the limited income group by providing Consumer Credit.
- To encourage the new entrepreneurs for investment and thus to develop the country’s industry sector and contribute to the economic development
MY DAILY ACTIVITIES IN BRAC BANK LIMITED
I have started my internship program in BRAC Bank Limited from 16th of May 2007. From the very beginning I’ve started working in Central Processing Center. 1 was introduced to Mr. Siddique Bin Zia, Head of CSD & AVP of BRAC Bank Limited.
I have worked there under the supervision of Mr. Raees Siddique, Manager CSD. In the first day I worked there till 7:30 pm.
I worked there as like a permanent employee. Everyone is suppose to be in the office within 8: 45 am. I have tried to maintain the time line. Though there is a sign out time but most of the employee worked in office till 6.30 pm.
In the first month I performed the following activities:
- Checking customer database
- Mandate sC31ming
- Checking Cheque books
- Packing “Welcome to BRAC Bank” package
- Delivery of “Welcome to BRAC Bank ” package
- Data entry for customer database in Finacle system
Second & Third month:
The last two·month of my internship program was really based on A TM card production department. In the last two month I performed the following activiti es:
- CIF Creating
- CIF Checking – o Handling terms & conditions fonn
- Handling daily request – o Preparing database for returned cards
- Generating text file for production process
- Prepari ng card status database
- Delivery of existing client’s card o Card production
These are the works that I have done in BRAC Bank Limited. In this three months duration I have tried to learn the total process of Card production department.
As the name suggests, the Customer Service Delivery department is responsible for facilitating al l the back office process required to deliver quality service to our valued clients. These include – maintaining and updating the customer information database, card and cheque book production and delivery, welcome pack arrangement, shanchay patra issuance and follow up, clearing cheques through Bangladesh Bank, etc.
Consumer Service Delivery is the department which tries to to deliver specific support to business wing on time so that clients can do business with bank smoothly. The department is responsible for updating information and provides necessary products like check book or A TM card right on time. Therefore the specified products are prepared according to customer needs and provide to different wings of the bank so that it is provided to the customer according to needs.
Therefore it is quiet centralized and try to provide service to all the different business wings with the help of information technology. The network is followed to maintain relationship between wings and so that work done in head office can be accessed all around the bank. This helps to lower cost and effectively and efficiently help to provide services to business wings so that it is delivered smoothly to customers.
I was authorized to prepare a report on central function of BRAC Bank Ltd. for partial fulfillment of my course requirement. 1 went to BRAC bank Limited, Head Office, where I worked as an intern from 161h May to 161h Aug 2007. This report has been prepared based on my practical experience on the day-to-day banking activities. It was a great experience for me to have exposure in the practical field. As a new bank it has a long way to go. There is huge pressure of work in BRAC Bank Limited but the coordination that I get from some officials was very helpful for me.
Though having some drawbacks the bank’s overall performance is satisfactory. I wish a prosperous future for the bank.