Working Experience at Accenture Limited Bangladesh
Accenture Limited Bangladesh is a multinational management consulting, technology services, and outsourcing company. Its incorporated headquarters are in Dublin, Republic of Ireland. It is the world’s largest consulting firm as measured by revenues and is a Fortune Global 500 company. As of 2013, the company reported net revenues of $28.6 billion with approximately 293,000 employees, serving clients in more than 200 cities in 56 countries.
Accenture has more employees in India than any other country; in the US, it has about 40,000 employees and 35,000 located in the Philippines. Accenture’s current clients include 91 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500. Since September 1, 2009 the company has been incorporated in Ireland.
Accenture common equity is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, under the symbol ACN, and was added to the S&P 500 index on July 5, 2011. GPIT, an IT subsidiary of Grameenphone, sold 51 percent of its shares to US-based management and IT consultancy firm Accenture. The share transfer is a subject to board approval, says a notification to the Dhaka Stock Exchange. An extraordinary general meeting (EGM) is scheduled to take place on 01 August to obtain approval to transfer the shares to Accenture, says the notification. There is also a proposal to grant GP an option to sell its remaining GPIT shares to Accenture at a later date and also to grant Accenture an option to buy those remaining shares.
Accenture in Bangladesh
GPIT, an IT subsidiary of Grameenphone, sold 51 percent of its shares to US-based management and IT consultancy firm Accenture. The share transfer is a subject to board approval, says a notification to the Dhaka Stock Exchange. An extraordinary general meeting (EGM) is scheduled to take place on 01 August to obtain approval to transfer the shares to Accenture, says the notification. There is also a proposal to grant GP an option to sell its remaining GPIT shares to Accenture at a later date and also to grant Accenture an option to buy those remaining shares.
Grameenphone shareholders approved the 51 per cent share transfer of GPIT to Accenture Holdings BV at an Extra-ordinary General Meeting chaired by M Shahjahan, member of the board, on 1st August, 2013. The meeting was conducted by Hossain Sadat, company secretary of Grameenphone. At the meeting, the shareholders approved the transfer of 382,500 shares.
Accenture Strategy operates at the intersection of business and technology. Because technology is transforming every organization, you need technology-enabled strategy to take advantage of the opportunities. Whether it’s business strategy, technology strategy or operations strategy, we drive value, shape new businesses and design operating models for the future. That‘s high performance, delivered.
Mission & Vision
With our core values at its heart, corporate citizenship is an ongoing journey for Accenture and we take thoughtful actions to bring positive change, for today and for the future. From Skills to succeed to the environment, Accenture and our people do things the Accenture Way, creating long-term value for the communities where we live and work and, ultimately, increasing competitiveness for both business and the world as a whole.
Description of the Job
In my 4 (four) months of internship period I have gone through with certain responsibilities, training, team meetings, one to one conversations and recruitment process. In the first one week I have been trained about the corporate etiquettes and manners as I was totally new in that kind of environment. Then I have learned how to maintain rules and regulations and how to secure information of the organization. My main focus was on the recruitment team and it was the team which I was mainly recruited. So I had to do all the stuffs required by the recruitment team. But I was also been chosen for the help of the P&O department and they gave me work which was related to the training and development.
Before the starting of the training, I had to make sure all of the employees got the reminder and schedule for the training or not.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- I have been assigned with works which directly essential for the recruitment team such as preparing database for their existing employees, typing confidential information for the team for different purpose, etc.
- I had to attend meetings with my team from which I have learned what those meeting are all about and how it is related with their works. It was really helpful to understand how the recruitment team actually running the organization by recruiting right person for the position.
- I have been assigned to do certain works such as maintaining entry for the trainees and new joiners.
- I had to call employees of Accenture to inform them about upcoming events and make it sure that they have got email/confirmation about that event.
- It was my duty to confirm whether they are attending the event or not so that the recruitment team could prepare themselves in advance.
Different aspects of Job Performance
Recruitment and Selection Process-
Job posting (Stage-1):
According to the organizations need, P&O team decides what type and what amount of people are needed and make the job posting. It is determined by the line manager that he or she wants to give the job advertisement to bdjobs.com then the GP IT‘s (Accenture Limited Bangladesh) P&O send a mail to bdjobs.com to publish the job advertisement to their site.
Job advertisements are generally given in Grameenphone‘s Career site and in bdjobs.com. GP‘s career site is common for all job advertisement. But bdjobs.com is not common site for all job advertisements. In this site job advertisement s are given when line managers want.
This process is done within 2 days as they don‘t believe in wasting time in case of hiring new people.
- Formatting the jobs advertise: The GP IT (Accenture Limited Bangladesh) People & Organization format the jobs advertise based on line managers want.
- The core essentials of a job advertisement areInformation about the company
The title and position of the job in the company (to whom is responsible) Main tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities
The most important requirements (knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, etc.) Information about motivational factors (e.g. salary, incentives, benefits, development and career possibilities, etc.)
Information about location, working time, shift work, other conditions
Information about the application (what to send, where and how, the deadline)
Contact person (telephone number and/or e-mail address
iii. Confirming with line manager about job posting: After job formatting the P&O let the line manager know about the confirmation of job posting.
Job Closing (Stage-2):
The whole process is done within 9 days.
- Request line manager to prepare case study/ questions/presentation topic for assessment test and send by 7 days: When job posting process is done then the Talent acquisition & management team requests the line manager to prepare the case study/question/presentation topic for assessment test and send it to P&O by 7 days.
- Finalizing assessors: Then talent acquisition & management team finalize the assessor‘s means that who will be in interview board to take the interview. Generally, one person from P&O always attends in interview board to assess the candidate and to pick the best candidate who will be the asset for the organization. On the other hand, one specialized person will be in interview board based on vacant position‘s field.
iii. Fix venue, time for assessment test: Assessment test can be written test and interview both or only interview. To, take the assessment test the talent acquisition & management team fix venue and time.
Short listing for Assessment test (Stage-3):
This process is done within 7 days.
- Request line manager for short listing: In this step line managers are requested to short listing the candidates from all applicants based on different kinds of requirements.
- Short listing and mark “yes/no” in ERP: Line manager make short list from all applicants and mark yes for qualified applicant and mark no for disqualified applicants.
iii. Send the shortlisted list to P&O: After short listing the line manager send the list to P&O.
Assessment test (Stage-4):
- Finalize the assessment materials: In this step all assessment materials have to prepare. Like: written test script.
- Send email and text message to the shortlisted candidates: Then, Talent acquisition & management team send email and text message to shortlisted candidates to let know them the interview time and venue.
iii. Call the candidates: After sending email and text message, Talent acquisition & management team call the candidates over phone and let them again about their interview information like time, venue etc.
- Arrange venue for test: Then venue has to arrange like for written test the cafeteria needs to be booked and for interview meeting room has to book for a particular time period.
- Conduct the assessment test: The Talent acquisition & management team coordinate the whole assessment test.
Script checking (Satge-5):
- Code the scripts: After taking the written test all script has to code to make the script checking process transparent.
- Provide the scripts to line manager for checking and P&O checking the P&O part: After coding the scripts are given to line managers to check those scripts and P&O check the P&O part.
iii. Getting the scripts back to P&O: After checking those scripts the line manager sends those to P&O.
- Recoding the scripts: Then the Talent acquisition & management team keep records of those scripts. Like: keeping soft copy of written tests by scanning and keeping the marks records etc.
- Send email and text message to the shortlisted candidates: Then P&O shortlist based on marks and send email and text message to shortlisted candidates to let know about the time and venue.
- Call the candidates: To reconfirm the candidates the Talent acquisition & management team call the candidates again to attend the interview and let know them the time and venue of interview.
iii. Conduct the interview: Then the coordinating part comes. Talent acquisition & management team has to coordinate the whole interview.
Salary discussion (Stage-7):
- Send the candidate for salary discussion: After selecting the best candidate the line manager send his name and tell P&O to go for salary discussion.
- Inform the candidate: Then P&O inform candidate that you are finally selected for this vacant position and please come for salary discussion.
iii. Discussion session with candidate: At last, candidate comes to attend salary discussion session to negotiate and fix his or her salary.
Agreement paper sharing (Stage-8):
Call the candidate and share agreement paper: When salary negotiation process is finished then candidates are called from P&O to come for share agreement paper. The whole process means from job posting to joining the whole thing has to done within 40 days for any vacant position.
This department basically deals with all kinds of insurance facility for the permanent employees. During my internship I learned – how this department allocate and assure the insurance facilities and about the insurance plans as well. The rules and regulations are quite long and the procedures are quite important as well.
Basically this organization is highly promised with its individual employees to assist financially in their needs. It‘s a great way to ensure employee satisfaction.
- Official insurance partner: Delta insurance company, Bangladesh
- Financial support: The allocation of money for each is 2,000,00 taka only. It‘s for only the permanent employees. Most of the time when employees join they fill up all the prescribed paper where they submit their medical documents and other necessary papers. They also fill up the form where they mention the number of family members and their names as well.
- Who get the support: Definitely everyone will assume that the employee himself will get the financial security. But here it’s really comforting to see that, not only employee himself but the close ones or direct family members (Children, spouse and parents) get the same facility as well.
- Hospitals and Diagnosis: Organization has some listed hospitals where the employees are registered to get the medical facilities. Listed hospitals areApollo hospitals, Dhaka United hospital Lab aid Square hospital If in times of emergency employees can get help from non-listed hospital as well.
- Type of payment: Employees can get there payment in two types.
- Reimbursement: This method of payment is applicable only when the employee is having facility from the non-listed hospitals. In this case they pay first and then employees submit their cost/cash memo including all supporting documents to the organization. When this department checks or verifies the documents and sends the papers to the insurance company. Then employees can refund his/her payments.
- Direct: This is the regular procedure where company direct pay the necessary amount to the listed hospital at the time when employees are having medical support. Once the company will pay for employee or any of his/her family then after three month they can have the same amount money facilitated by the organization for the same medical treatment.
Besides, employee relationship also deals with AOR which stands for acceptance of resignation. When an employee wants to resign, then this particular department deals with all the official action necessary.
Employee engagement is a workplace approach designed to ensure that employees are committed to their organization‘s goals and values, motivated to contribute to organizational success, and are able at the same time to enhance their own sense of well-being.
There are differences between attitude, behavior and outcomes in terms of engagement. An employee might feel pride and loyalty (attitude); be a great advocate of their company to clients, or go the extra mile to finish a piece of work (behavior).
Outcomes may include lower accident rates, higher productivity, fewer conflicts, more innovation, lower numbers leaving and reduced sickness rates. But we believe all three – attitudes, behaviors and outcomes – are part of the engagement story. There is a virtuous circle when the pre-conditions of engagement are met when these three aspects of engagement trigger and reinforce one another.
Engaged organizations have strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness based on mutual respect, where two way promises and commitments – between employers and staff – are understood, and are fulfilled.
Although improved performance and productivity is at the heart of engagement, it cannot be achieved by a mechanistic approach which tries to extract discretionary effort by manipulating employees‘ commitment and emotions. Employees see through such attempts very quickly; they lead instead to cynicism and disillusionment.
By contrast, engaged employees freely and willingly give discretionary effort, not as an ‗add on‘, but as an integral part of their daily activity at work.
But is employee engagement something new, or simply old wine (long-standing management approaches) in new (fashionable management-speak) bottles? Is it just the latest management fad? We believe that while it does have clear overlaps with analytical antecedents such as commitment, ‗organizational citizenship behavior‘, job involvement and job satisfaction, there are also crucial differences.
In particular, engagement is two way: organizations must work to engage the employee, who in turn has a choice about the level of engagement to offer the employer. Each reinforces the other.
An engaged employee experiences a blend of job satisfaction, organizational commitment, job involvement and feelings of empowerment. It is a concept that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Despite there being some debate about the precise meaning of employee engagement there are three things we know about it: it is measurable; it can be correlated with performance; and it varies from poor to great. Most importantly employers can do a great deal to impact on people‘s level of engagement. That is what makes it so important, as a tool for business success.
By the name of this department it‘s almost clear what this department is all about. The main motto of this department is to break the ice between the coworkers.
After every certain period, employee engagement held a strategic meeting. This team organizes small games and corporate dancing and few other interesting activities in order to make employees comfortable to the environment. Few popular strategies for engagement are highly used in the global perspective. It‘s a way not to engage but to refresh individuals.
For the customer, it‘s the invisible and omnipresent processes behind everything they do, every day –from first thing in the morning to last thing at night. Great service means things just. Great service like that is built around the customer, according to their needs and preferences. And that‘s where Accenture‘s Service Strategy and Operations Group come in.
Great service comes from using predictive analytics to see an issue and fix it before it becomes a problem. Leading businesses have mastered what it takes to deliver great service like this, round the clock – day in, day out.
But of course it‘s not easy to achieve. Customers have increasingly high expectations of service, but they‘re very often disappointed with what they receive and if they don‘t get what they want they won‘t come back.
Our global solutions and services encompass consulting, technology and outsourcing with a comprehensive range of offerings to address all dimensions of service strategy and operations.
Accenture is truly a full service provider: we can work with you to create your service strategy, help develop the required business capabilities, design and deploy the enabling technologies, and also offer managed services and BPO capabilities to support service execution.