The main purpose of this research is to explore the Dealers Perception towards Mustafa Metal Industries Ltd. This report also covered some specific objective like to know about the PVC doors sheets industry in Bangladesh and to know the working period of dealers and their perception about different types of product and services offered to the customers. Finally, identify some problems related to Dealer Perception of Mustafa Metal Industries and recommend some necessary suggestion to avoid this problem.
In this research, a fervent appeal has been made to demonstrate and analyze the Dealers Perception towards Mustafa Metal Industries Limited. The main purpose of this research is to explore the Dealers Perception towards Mustafa Metal Industries Ltd. The study has been conducted by using a non-probability convenience sampling method of telephone interviewing. For this purpose, a total 20 responded were interviewed with a structured questionnaire. How long they have been working as a dealer/agent of Mustafa
PVC door and variety of products & services of Mustafa Metal Industries Ltd, these two factors are followed by frequency statistics and the study finds the satisfactory levels across the factors to determine the availability of product, delivery of a product on required time, perception about quality of products, design, price, after-sales service, promotional campaign, response of any problem from company, quantity of sales, process to be a dealer and the perception about the brand name by using descriptive statistics.
There was a time when good furniture meant door, sheet, and cabinets made of Segun or teak. Over the last decade or so, though, things have changed. Wood is no longer the only material for furniture. In Bangladesh wood is used for firewood and some village houses, but the lion share of it, approximately 80%, is consumed by the door&sheet industry. So it is important to find a substitute for wood for making furniture. This concern for the rapidly vanishing timber prompted a number of western countries into undertaking research and Partex and plywood are the results of those drives. The Bangladesh Door&Sheet Industry is one of the most promising growth sectors with export potential. According to the household income and expenditure survey of 2010, the domestic consumption growth rate is around 20%. This report determines two factors of MMIL. The findings of this report would be useful to the company’s dealer control section to improve their service quality.
Objective of the Study
The main objective of the study is to find out the Dealers Perception towards Mustafa Metal Industries Limited.
To accomplish the main objective:
This study covered the following specific objective:
- To know about the PVC doors sheets industry in Bangladesh
- To know the working period of dealers and their perception about different types of product and services offered to the customers.
- To identify the factors responsible to choose Mustafa PVC doors.
- To identify the problems related to Dealer Perception of Mustafa Metal Industries and necessary suggestion.
Nature of the Research
In this report, descriptive research is used. In telephone interviewing method has been used to conduct this report.
Sources of Data
All the marketing information comes from both internal and external sources.
During the preparation of the report,
- Primary data which is collected through questionnaire and
- Conducting different survey like observation method.
From different employees in Mustafa industries, I took an interview.
- Face to face communication. I asked a different question about their company.
- Asked different dealers by telephone interviewing.
I have also collected data and information from the source like
- Company prospectus,
- Brochures, Profile,
- Sales reports and reports of departments like customer’s relation, meeting minutes.
Data Collection Procedure
- Questionnaire survey
The very basic step in research is to define the populations upon which are conducting this study. The population of the study has been identified as:
Dealers and outlets owners or top management employees who are listed with the Mustafa PVC records.
The study has been conducted by using a non-probability convenience sampling method.
A total sample size 20 responded was taken and the study is based on the findings from this sample size.
This questionnaire surveyed in different parts of the country such as- 4 from Dhaka, 02 from Chittagong, 03 from Rajshahi and, 02 from Barisal.
Scope of the study
The Internship Report is a comprehensive study of the Dealer perception’s belief about the Mustafa Metal Industries Ltd. The report focuses on the Consumer’s belief, perception, lifestyle etc. and the current and appropriate Dealer perception towards Mustafa Metal Industries Ltd.
Background of the MUSTAFA METAL INDUSTRY.
With an average annual growth of 8%, MUSTAFA GROUP is at present one of the leading assemblage of companies in Bangladesh. Bonded with a staggering number of seventeenth alive business units MUSTAFA GROUP stands as a living example of successful vertical integration. In addition to this, the group is growing at a steady rate. MUSTAFA GROUP, which owns and successfully operates more than 17 manufacturing and trading concern.
A massive setup of five modern factories the group could successfully venture into the lifestyle of the people of this country. Today practically dominates the consumer market for the products of its range. With the greater quest for the national emancipation and benefit for economic welfare for the country, the group still envisages a vision and principle in its activities.
- Started in 2009
- Estimated Growth rate around 8% per annum
- Net worth at current market price nearly US$150 million
- Over 150 distributors around the nation
- Over 4500 outlets where products are available
- Over 3000 employee
MUSTAFA PVC doors & sheets Industries Ltd
MUSTAFA Metal Industries Limited is a relatively latest wing of the conglomerate Mustafa group. PVC doors & sheets Industries Ltd. are the sixteen overture of the ever-expanding MUSTAFA GROUP that is growing at the rate of 7% each year. The total number of dealer and agent outlets in Bangladesh is over 80 and showroom is 6.
Mustafa metal Industries Ltd. is located in, Rajbari. It is a 135 (One hundred thirty-five) Bighas / 100 acre (approximate) land of the industrial unit. Star Particle Board Mills Ltd. is also located in the same vicinity.
A combination of special particleboard, timber, and decorative plywood offers the best quality and cost-effective substitute for natural timber. This results in custom-made, innovative and stylish doors & sheet. Mustafa metal produces a wide range of products that maximized the use of timber substitute. Within a short span of time, the company has been able to capture a significant percentage of the total market share.
In the future, Mustafa metal hopes to broaden the horizon of product to meet the ever-growing demand for furniture for the house, office, and school.
Company Vision, Mission, Value & Objective
We are the leading furniture solution provider in Bangladesh achieving our business vision through growth in market reach, increasing operation size, international distribution, total service, and consistent branding activities by the being most customers focused and Innovative, cost-effective and efficient, environmentally responsible & quality concerned company in the business.
To be the most consumer-focused, competitive, efficient, innovative and environmentally responsible and quality concerned leading market-oriented furniture manufacturer, sales, and distributor of Bangladesh.
Mustafa PVC doors & sheets values are divided into four categories which are maintained strongly their operations and activities. Those are:
- Customer Focused & Innovative
- Competitive & Efficient
- Environmental Stewardship & Excellence In Quality
Mustafa metal Industries main objective is to provide innovative, stylish and quality doors & sheets to the customer.
Product and Services
Has developed a number of products to suit different individual and company needs.
The total number of existing products in the market today
- House Hold Furniture (Wooden)
- House Hold Furniture (Laminated sheets)
- Computer Furniture
- Kitchen Cabinets
Types of Products:
Mustafa PVC doors & sheets are one of the standard quality furniture companies. For their quality products, they are becoming more varieties design doors & sheets company name in customer mind.
- Filling Cabinet
- All kinds of Table
- Working Top
- Computer Table
- Imported wooden floor
- Imported picture Frames
- Bed with Bedside Table
- Built in cabinet
- Dining Table
- Dining chair, Metal and wooden
- Kitchen Accessories
- Kitchen Cabinet
- Multipurpose display cabinet.
- Wall paneling
Development of the Market
The PVC doors industry in Bangladesh has undergone changes in different ways, developments; particularly in the year 2011 are as follows.
- Increasing outlets or showroom
- New products are being introduced to customer
- Many new and old door sheet companies existing on this side
- Competition has increased, provided the customer with more alternatives
- The spread of furniture sector in Bangladesh has created more career and employment opportunity
- There has been the major development of multinational or national company sector.
- With the increase in the number of PVC doors & sheets users, the demand has increased.
- Competition has increased, providing the customer with more service.
- There has been the major development in PVC doors & sheets sector worldwide and Bangladesh is catching on.
Overview of the Sales and Marketing Department
The sales and marketing department of Mustafa Metal industries is divided into 4 units. These units and their activities are given below:
Market Research: Plans, set target, develop products
Marketing: Develops the advertisement, campaign materials
Distribution: Distributes products, achieve sales target
Sales: Deals with retails and special sales such as corporate sales
Responsibility for Sales Department
- Market survey and collecting the feedback
- Participation in opening dealers outlets
- Instant and timely delivery
- Follow up the existing customer
- Building up relation with retail and corporate customer
- Competitors activity analysis
- To build good relation with customers, to make a good report with them, to acknowledge them about the Mustafa PVC doors & sheets and their service to acknowledge its advantages, features activities etc.
- To do all necessary arrangement to sell the product which includes company Brochures, product catalogs.
- Help customer to inform about the product, price, quality etc.
- Inform the customer to contact sales department if any problem they have faced.
Sales and Marketing department activities are converted into two types of activities. They are Market Research and development and Market Communication.
The functions of marketing department are manifold. However, the main function can be articulated as to develop product and promote concept building for promotional activities.
- Competitors activity analysis
- Concept building for promotional activities
- It includes advertisement in the leading dailies and carries out promotional activities in the most effective manner within a given budget, to arrange outdoor advertisement, hoarding, promotion of gift items like dairy, calendar etc.
Market Research and Development (MRD)
Market research and development is a vital part of Doors & sheets in terms of its importance and role. This department facilitates communication between the different departments about existing and new products of Mustafa PVC doors & sheets. MRD also evaluate the possibilities and develop a new product.
- MRD get feedback from sales, customer care and market communication departments regarding customer needs and market requirements.
- Feedback helps in redefining an existing product.
- New ideas are developed after an evaluation of market demand.
- MRD department supports various departments in performing their job. After the market survey, for an example, they can suggest sales department about the possible no. of customer need of a particular area and the potential of introducing service to that area.
Mustafa PVC doors & sheets objective is to improve people live by giving them the world-class style and elegance of their home a, keeping in this mind Mustafa PVC doors introduced its service at an affordable price for everyone.
The positioning of Mustafa PVC doors is done based on the following:
- Socially responsible company After sales service
Mustafa PVC doors & sheets are committed to building on its already strong brand equity, and the company has already achieved a high level of recognition after only a few years in the market. Branding is very important in a developing country like Bangladesh.
Mustafa PVC doors & sheets is associated with
- Integrity, commitment to the community, quality, professionalism, innovative and stylish furniture, conscious about the environment and eco-friendly, and characteristics which are all reflected in the company’s advertising, a point of the sales displays, and customer service.
- Mustafa PVC doors & sheets are also committed to acting honestly in its dealing with the customers, distribution partners, suppliers, and government institution and other multinational company.
- It has also been visible through other community activities such as a sponsorship of the game tournament.
Mustafa industries use frequent campaigns to drive subscriber growth. The campaigns are based on promotional pricing.
- The offer generally includes discounted doors & sheets with the service and features.
- During the campaigns, Mustafa metal runs heavy outdoor advertising and inserts in the major newspaper.
- The largest campaigns are run in conjunction with major holidays such as during Eid, Bangla/English New Year, to encourage high volume sale when people are in buying mood.
SWOT Analysis as an important tool for evaluating the company’s strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats. It helps the organization to identify how to evaluate its performance and identify ways to minimize the effect of weakness in my business while maximizing my strength.
- Group Image
- Strong Credit Rating
- Strong Backward & Integration and Support
- Goodwill in Wooden Segment
- Established brand
- Customer trust
- Limited showroom
- Limited dealer network
- Lack of variation of office furniture
- Product lead time is high
- Logistic support is not up to the mark
- Showroom merchandising is not expected level
- Lack of dedicated product development team
- Customer service & dealing is not expected level
- Good market potential
- Customer prefer branded product
- Upward people living standard
- Strong real estate growth
- Peoples purchasing power is upward
Above those cares are only serves by Mustafa metal industries. This is the major opportunity for them to satisfy the people and to make more products.
- New companies
- Expansion plan
- Unhealthy price war
PVC doors & Sheet Industries/Companies of Bangladesh
PVC doors & sheets industries are increasing day by day. In terms of Bangladesh, some renowned brand company starts to dominate accounting for over increasing percent of the market, although non-brand owners are growing their share due to a combination of the labor-intensive country. In term of distribution, furniture independents/specialists dominate with 35%, followed by multiples, departments/variety stores, mail order or others.
Some leading furniture company’s name: Partex furniture Industries Ltd., Navana Furniture, Hatil, Otobi, Akhter, Brothers, Noksha, Legacy etc.
Mustafa Industries Limited (2009) Is a relatively latest wing of the conglomerate Mustafa group. Mustafa PVC doors & sheets Industries Ltd. are the sixteen overture of the ever-expanding MUSTAFA GROUP that is growing at the rate of 7% each year. The total number of dealer and agent outlets in Bangladesh is over 80 and showroom is 8
A combination of special particleboard, timber, and decorative plywood offers the best quality and cost-effective substitute for natural timber. This results in custom-made, innovative and stylish furniture. In the future, Partex furniture hopes to broaden the horizon of product to meet the ever-growing demand for furniture for the house, office, and school
Hatil Complex Ltd.(1989) Is a leading doors and furniture manufacturer in Bangladesh. Hatil has been established in 1989 following the footsteps of H.A. Timber Industries Ltd. – company running from 1966 in timber processing sector.
Their vision is achieving excellence through quality of products and customer service by adding comfort, functionality, durability and innovative design to lifestyle.
Otobi (1975) started off with office furniture but now has a full range of furniture for the home. While its designs set Otobi apart, the quality of its products is also very high. Very soon Otobi made it to the international market, something few could actually imagine before Otobi actually did it. Significantly Otobi’s spectacular achievement triggered a whole new generation of entrepreneurs. It has been established in 1975.
Otobi is one of the familiar furniture companies in Bangladesh and it has the share 34%. Mustafa has 12%, Navana 22% and others are 15% market share.
Above these, all companies have their own showroom and dealer’s showroom. These dealers are the representative of all companies and are the important part to increase those companies profit.
In order to increase export, following are some of the areas that need to be addressed:
- Improving quality, particularly related to finishing and packaging
- Improving the image of Bangladesh on the social and environmental issues
- Increasing the design capacity in the country
- Branding of Bangladeshi furniture
- Understanding the international market and segmenting for exports
- Increasing production efficiency with proper layout and raw material handling
- Following an export development
The dealer is defined as any person engaged in the business of buying and selling products for his own, through ownership or otherwise. Or, Individual or firm that buys goods from a producer or distributor for wholesale and/ or retail reselling. Unlike a distributor, a dealer is a principal and not an agent.
Perception is defined as the process by which an individual selects, organize and interprets stimuli into a meaning full and coherent picture of the world.
A sensation is an immediate and direct response of the sensory organs to stimuli. Examples of stimuli include products, brand names, advertisement, and commercials.
- The Absolute threshold
The lowest level at which an individual can experience a sensation is called the absolute threshold.
- The different threshold The minimal difference that can be detected between two similar stimuli is called the different threshold.
Dealers satisfaction Level
From this table,
- The availability of product: It is in satisfaction level because it scored more than 3 (4.00).
- Delivery of product: It scored 2.85 which is less than 3.0. It means that delivery of a product on required time is not satisfactory.
- Perception about quality: It scored 3.35, which means that the perception of the quality of products is positive that they are satisfied.
- Design: Perception of the product design is positive because it scored 3.15 that they are quietly satisfied.
- Price: Perception about the price of products is quite positive because it scored 3.20. This shows positive.
- Commission: It shows that the respondents are mostly satisfied with the commission because it scored 4.40 which determine the positive side.
- Promotional campaign: It scored 4.75, which shows that most of the respondents are satisfied with the promotional campaign.
- The quantity of sales: Quantity of sales of the product is at the satisfactory level. It scored 3.85.
- Brand name: This sector is in satisfactory level because dealers have no complaints about the brand name of this industry and they are mostly satisfied (it scored 4.75).
- After sales service: This sector scored 40, which is less than score 3 and it shows that they are not satisfied with after sales service of Mustafa metal Industries Limited (PFIL).
- Response to any problem from the company: If they faced any problem company helps them positively and they are satisfied with the company’s response because it scored 4.50.
- The procedure to be a Dealer: Respondents are quite satisfied with the procedure to be a dealer; it scored 3.10 which is more than the average mean score 3.0.
According to the discussion, delivery of a product on required time and after-sales service, these two sectors scored less than 3.0, which show that company needs to recover in these sectors to satisfy dealers. But the promotional campaign and brand name of a company makes dealers highly satisfied because it scored 4.75 which are more than 3.0.
Findings of The Study
- A dealer does not pay money in just time to the Mustafa Metal Industries Ltd in this reason company should not pay employee bills in just time.
- A dealer does not collect their ordering product in just time in this reason company pay extra warehouse bills.
- Sometimes Dealer collects same product from the other company by low price in this reason company do not sell this product in just time.
- The dealer pays the insufficient check to the Mustafa Metal Industries in this reason company is going some economic crisis.
- The dealer does not want to collect their product companies own transportation in this reason company transportation sector bear loss.
- The dealer does not collect their ordering item when the market is down in this reason company do not produce a new product available.
- Sometimes dealer returns the faulty product in this reason companies goodwill may be damaged.
- The dealer does not collect their ordering product when the company does not maintain product quality in this reason company should bearing loss.
- Sometimes Dealer does not collect the product when the company does not maintain labor law for this reason company buyer searching another company their maintain international labor law.
- Sometimes Dealer does not maintain their all agree with the MMIL in this reason company faced some problem.
- The dealer should pay money in just time to the Company.
- The dealer should collect their ordering product in just time.
- The dealer should collect their ordering product when the same product is available in anywhere.
- The dealer should pay the sufficient honorable check to the company.
- The dealer should collect their product by the companies preconditioning transportation.
- The dealer should collect their ordering product when the market is down.
- The company should collect their fault product from the dealer.
- The company should maintain their product quality.
- The company should present sufficient emergency exit.
- The company should maintain international labor law.
- The company should arrange some training for self-preservation.
Mustafa Metal Industries Ltd. is a still growing company, in spite of all the success it has achieved so far. It holds a high position in the doors&sheets industry. Competition is always on the lookout for new ideas, interior, and exterior design. In order to maintain its high position in the market, it is imperative that Mustafa PVC doors&sheets focus on the people who matter most to the company
Now the various dealers, distributors, outlets, and agents are Mustafa industry representative to the people. It is the impression that individuals create, that will influence people’s impression of Mustafa PVC doors & sheets. It is thus highly important for Mustafa PVC doors to act favorably towards these individuals, give them as much as support and assistance as possible. Mustafa industry must make time to hear the feelings and views of these individuals.
This research is only focused on the perception of the dealers’ perception towards Mustafa Metal Industries Limited. So further research can be conducted on the customers’ perception towards Mustafa Metal Industries Limited.
- Identifying Market Segments and Targets
- Outsourcing Telemarketing Services
- Assignment on Pizza Hut Bangladesh Limited
- Evaluation of Dealer’s Perception on Mustafa Metal Industries
- Marketing Plan of a New Product on AIRRYS Easy Mobile Phone Tracker
- Report On Performance Evaluation of Ceramic Industries in Bangladesh