Main objective of this report is to analysis Marketing Activities of Exim Bank Limited. Report also focus critically analyst the functions and the operations of each level of the organization of Export Import Bank. Other objectives are prevent current observation and unique aspects of the bank and gain or achieve the practical idea of banking systems. Finally find out strength and weakens of the organization and suggest recommendation to overcome problems.
Objectives of the Report
The following are the general & specific objectives of the report.
The general objective of the report are as follows:
- To fulfill the academic requirements of internship report.
- To acquire practical experience in banking services.
The specific objectives of the study are as follows:
- The present an overview of Exim Bank Limited.
- To find out marketing activities of Exim bank.
- To gather comprehensive knowledge of the over all banking functions and the expectations of the customers regarding the service level of the bank.
- To identify the factors contributing to the attractive and operative performance of the local branch of the bank.
- To make study of the facts in order to arrive at certain conclusion about overall banking operation.
- Critically analyst the functions and the operations of each level of the organization of Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited.
- To find out strength and weakens of the organization.
- To learn how to use of the different ratios in practical fields.
- To prevent current observation and unique aspects of the bank.
- To gain or achieve the practical idea of banking systems.
The methodology of the report is state below, which was appropriately exercised in achieving the above state objective.
This study is based on the statements and reports available form the Bank management Information system. Beside these some secondary materials such as books, journals, reports etc. have also helped in preparing the study.
Sources of Data Collection:
The data have been collected from the two followings sources:
- Face to face conversation with the respective officers & staffs of the Branch.
- Informal conversation with the clients.
- Personal observation.
- Desks work in different departments.
- Annual report of the Bank.
- Consultation of related books and publications.
- Different statements of branch.
- Past work on it.
- Various files, Balance sheet and various documents.
- Web site of Exim Ltd.
- Work experience.
Over view of EXIM Bank Ltd.
EXIM Bank Ltd. as the name apply a newly formed commercial bank. It has been incorporated in Dhaka. Bangladesh as a public limited company and its Head office of the bank is located at Printer Buildings, 5 Rajuke Aveneue, Motijheel commercial area, Dhaka-1000.
Background of The EXIM Bank Ltd.
Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Ltd, was established in 1999 under the leadership of late Mr. Shajahan Kabir, founder chairman who had a long dream of floating a commercial bank which would contribute to the socio-economic development of our country. He had a long experience as a banker. A group of highly qualified and successful entrepreneurs joined their hands with the founder chairman to materialize his dream. In deed, all of them proved themselves in their respective business as most successful star with their endeavour, intelligence, hard working and talent Entrepreneurship. Among them Mr. Nazrul Islam Mazumder became the honorable chairman after the demise of the honorable founder chairman.
The Exim bank started functioning from 3rd August 1999 under the companies Act. 1994, with the Bangladesh bank permission and with Mr. Alamgir Kabir, FCA as the advisor and Mr. Mohammad Lakiotullah as the managing Director. Both of them have long experience in financial sector of our country. By their pragmatic decision and management directive in the operational activities, this bank has earned a secured and distinctive position in the banking industry in terms of performance, growth, and excellence management.
The Bank has sound capital base its authorized capital is Tk. 100 million while in initial paid up capital Tk. 225.00 million subscribed by sponsors. To solidity its capital base further the paid up capital raised Tk. 627.75 million in the year of 31 December 2004, by the public offering of shares of the company.
Main operational Area
As a commercial Bank they do all traditional Banking business including the wide range of savings and credit scheme products, retail banking and ancillary services with the support of modern technology and professional Excellency. But their main focus is, for obvious reason, on export and import trade handling and the development of Entrepreneurship and patronization of private sectors.
Corporate culture of Exim Bank Ltd.
The Export import bank is one of the most disciplined Bank with a distinctive corporate culture. Here they belive in shared meani ng, shared understanding and shared sense making. Our people can see and understanding events, activities, objects and situation in a distinctive way.
They mould their manners and etiquette, character individually to suit the purpose of the bank and the needs of the customers who are of paramount importance to us. The people in the bank see themselves as a tight knit team/familly that belive in the working together for the growth. The corporate culture we belong has not been imposed it has rather been achieved through our corporate conduct.
General Banking of EXIM Bank.
Bangladesh is the less LDC country. The people want to saving their money smoothing transaction for business person and ensure security of the processing wealth of the climate.
So the people try to saving their wealth on the activities of commercial banks. So the Exim bank is to provide the general banking service.
The Exim proved two kinds deposit system.
- Demand Deposit
- Time Deposit
Demand Deposit: This deposit an withdrawn without notice. The Exim bank accepts demand deposit through the opening of-
- Current account: Current account is another the account holder can make numerous transaction within a working day. There is no restriction the number and the amount of withdrawn from the current account within the an liability touch. Generally current account is opened for business persons and for easy transaction there are no interest is paid which account.
- Saving Account: Saving bank account is mean for the people of the lower middle classes who wish to save part of their incomes. There is restriction on withdrawn is a month. There interest on 8% – 12% based on loss and profit. But the Exim bank personal deposit profit on 12% it is highest profit rate on banking sector in Bangladesh.
Time Deposit :
Time deposit are-
¨ FDR – Fixed Deposit Receipt.
- STD – Short Time Deposit.
- BCD – Bearer Certification Deposit etc.
Also the Exim bank conducted-
- Cash transaction
- Demand Draft (DD)
- Telegraphic Transaction (TT)
- Payment Order (PO)
Conversion into Islamic Banking
General Meeting held on December 28, 2003 and obtaining confirmation from the honorable High Court Division of Bangladesh Supreme Court. The Exim Bank had been converted into a full fledged Islami bank based on Shariah from traditional interest based banking. They started functioning as an Islami bank with effect from 1st July 2004 with the approval of Bangladesh Bank. Before conversion they put option to all of their valued customers through news media in addition to personal contact with them to accept the decision taken by there.
General Products and Services of EXIM Bank
The Bank has introduced a number of financial products and services since its banking operation. Among them Mudaraba Monthly Incom Scheme, Mudaraba Monthly Saving Scheme, Mudaraba Multiplus Savings Scheme, Mudaraba Super Savings Scheme, Mudaraba hajj Scheme, have widely been accepted among the people.
Mudaraba Monthly Income Scheme
It is a monthly income scheme that really makes good sense as well as a sure investment of steady return. Under this scheme, customer has to deposit a fixed amount of money for five years and in return he will receive benefits on monthly basis. Benefits starts right from the first month of opening an account under the Scheme and will continue up to five years when the depositor will get refund of his deposit. This scheme is a sure investment for a steady return.
Mudaraba Monthly Saving Scheme
The prime objective of this scheme is to encourage people to build up a habit of saving. In this scheme one can save a fixed amount of money every month and receive substantial lump sum of money after five, eight, ten or twelve years.
Mudraba Multiplus Savings Scheme
Under this scheme, depositor’s money will be almost tripled in 13 (thirteen) year period. Any individual, Company, Educational Institution, Government Organization, NGO, Trust, Society etc. may invest their savings under this scheme.
Mudraba Super Savings Scheme
It helps to build up capital. Super saving Scheme offers a small depositor to invest his/her fund (minimum 1,00,000/-) and the fund will be almost double in 8 (eight) years period. This scheme will secure the future of the investment with ease.
Mudraba Hajj Scheme
In order to smooth arrangement of fund for performing Hajj, the bank has introduced this scheme for 5, 8, 10, 15 & 20 year’s period.
Both multinational enterprise and small import and export companies must understand exchange rates. Also bank and international Bank must understand exchange rates. The exchange rate can influence where a wholesaler or retailer buys and sells products. Foreign exchange also can influence where manufacture acquires ran materials or components and produces products.
Foreign exchange includes currencies and others instruments of payment denominated in currencies, it is important to understand exchange rates and how foreign currencies are Traded before looking at how companies use foreign exchange and protect themselves against potential foreign exchange risk.
Term and definition of foreign exchange
An exchange rate is the number of units of one currency needed to acquire one unit of another currency.
The spot rate is the rate quoted for current foreign currency transaction that require eight immediate delivery or delivery within two business days.
Inter bank transaction:
Inter bank transaction are exchange between commercial bank that collectively make up the inter bank market. The spot rate also applies to over the counter (OTC) Transaction which usually involve non-bank customers and require some day settlement.
Forward rate is a contractual rate between a foreign exchange Trader and the traders client for delivery of foreign currency some time in the future after at least two business day but usually after at least one month.
The spot market:
The spread in t he spot market is the difference between lthe bid (buy) and offer (sell) rate quoted buy the foreign exchange trader.
A direct quote is the number of units of the domestic currency needed to acquires on unit of the foreign currency.
An indirect quotes is the number units of the foreign currency needed to ac quire one unit of the domestic currency.
A discount exist when the forward rate is less than the spot rate. A premium exist when the forward rate exceeds the spot rate.
Foreign Exchange Department
Foreign Exchange department of EXIM Bank Bangladesh is one of the most important departments of all departments. This departments handles three separate sections.
- Import Section
- Export Section
- Foreign Remittance section.
The function of this section is mainly to deal to with various components such as:
- Import finance
Compare with convention banking and Islamic banking import finance supporting-
Conventional banking system are following-
- Letter of Credit (L/C)
- Payment against Document (PAD)
- Payment Against Trust Receipt (MTR)
- Loan against Imported Merchandise (LIM).
Islamic banking system are following-
- Letter of Credit (L/C)
- Cash payment from his own resources
- Bai-Murabaha post Import (MPI)
- Bai-Muajjal Trust receipt (MTR)
I can discuss about Islamic banking system of import finance.
Letter of Credit L/C
A letter of credit (L/C) is an instrument for payment of international trade attentive also its called of letters of guarantee (L/C). On the request of the customer (importer) a bank will issue a L/C in which it obligates itsef to pay the seller (exporter) against presentation of a draft and certain documents. Those documents are evidences of shipment and include all of the terms and conditions stipulated in the L/C.
Examination for opening L/C:
The concerned officer considering the facts mentioning below must carefully check application:
- The terms and conditions of L/C applications are consistence with exchange control.
- In addition, import trade regulation Uniform Customs & Practice for Documentary Credit (UPPDC).
- Illegibility of imported goods.
- The L/C must be opened in favor of importer.
- That is signed by the importer land agreed with the terms and conditions
- Indenting registration number.
- Goods are not of Israel and vassals to be used are not of Israel.
- Insurance cover note with date of shipment.
- Whether IRC is up to date or not.
- Whether IMP form is dully filled up and signed.
- The imported goods are marketable.
After investigate all legal aspects entry is given to the margin register and charges, commission and margin is realized.
Transmitting the L/C:
The L/C is transmitted by the opening Bank to the advising bank for inform the L/C to the beneficiary. L/C is generally transmitted through tasted telex, fax or swift. Before transmission, a final examination of the L/C contents is necessary for the issuing bank. It is customary to advice a credit to the beneficiary for receiving L/C.
Very often advising bank receive request from the issuing bank to add their confirmation while advising credit to the beneficiary. The advising bank can do it if there is prior arrangement between advising and issuing bank or if it feels that the issuing bank is repute and reliable institution and good enough to discharge this obligation.
Types of L/C:
- Revocable / Irrevocable L/C
- Confirmed / unconfirmed L/C
- Transferable L/C
- Back of Back L/C
- Acceptance L/C
- Revolving L/C
- Red Clause L/C
- Green Clause L/C
The EXIM Bank deals with Irrevocable L/C, which cannot amended or cancelled by the issuing bank at any moment and without prior notice to the beneficiary. It also deals Back to Back L/C, which is the letter of Credit provided by the bank to bank exporter to the importer the raw materials from abroad in order to produce the exportable commodity for the importer.
Cash payment from his own resources
The issuing banks starts PAD procedure after getting all documents from the exporter as evidence of exporting goods. Documents required for PAD is mentioned below:
- Original (Non-Negotiable) bill of Leading.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Certificate of Insurance.
- Certificate of Origin.
- Bill of Exchange.
- Packing List.
- Clean Report of Findings (CRF).
Examination of PAD Documents:
Investigate documents is very important for the issuing bank. As after examining all the documents the issuing bank will make payment to the negotiating bank. So anay mistake in the examination process may cut cost issuing bank.
Examining the Bill of Exchange:
- It is drawn and duty signed by the beneficiary.
- It is drawn on the importer indicating him drawee.
- L/C number quoted on it.
- Tenors of the draft are strictly in conformity with the terms stipulated in the L/C.
- Amount is identical.
- Amount in words and in figures is same.
- Examining the commercial invoice.
- It is address to the importer .
- It is dated, signed, and submitted in required number.
- It must bear detailed description of goods that must tally with L/C and Bill of lading.
- Price, quality, quantity etc. is corresponded to L/C. It must be prepared in the language of L/C.
- Invoice must bear L/C authorization and other relevant number.
- Charges relevant to merchandise are included in the invoice and are permitted by the L/C.
Examination of Transport Document:
- It is presented in full set of negotiable and non-negotiable copies.
- Date of shipment on the Bill of lading.
- Bill of Lading must b e made out in the name of bank notify the importer.
- Description of goods in the Bill of Lading must agree with invoice and L/C.
- Port of shipment and destination is as per L/C
- The shipping company of their agent signs bill of lading.
Examination of other documents:
Weight list, inspection certificate, quality certificate, certificate of origin, packing list etc. Should agree with L/C terms and conditions and be signed by the appropriate authority. These certificates are usually dated before the date of shipment.
Common Discrepancies of the Import Document.
Following are the common discrepancies found in the documentary operation:
- Inadequate number of invoice.
- Submission of documents after expiry of L/C
- Late shipment or transshipment beyond L/C terms.
- “One Board” endorsement unsigned or not dated on the Bill of Lading.
- Specifications of goods are not as per terms of L/C.
- Tenor of draft wrong.
- Inconsistent documents presented.
- Absence of some documents.
If any major discrepancies found in the documents, it is informed to the buyer for their opinion. If discrepancies are minor then these are overlooked.
Lodgment and Retirement of Import Document are usually payment is given days of documents received.
Bai-Murabaha Post Import (MPI)
If the importer does not come to negotiate the shipping documents from the issuing bank then it creates MPI through. The bank clears the goods from the port and holds the goods in its Godown. Beside the above as soon as the imported goods come to the port the party may fall into financial crisis and requests the bank to clear the goods from the port making payment to the exporter. In this case, the party later may take the goods partly or fully from the bank by making required payment (if he/she takes the goods time to ti me payment will be adjusted simultaneously.)
Bai-Muajjal Trust Receipt (MTR)
Bai-Muajjal means in the opening bank will release the document from port by paid all duty and tax for a number of period times, if the importer feeling to release their document. Bai-Muajjal Trust Receipt is may be situation where storage of collateral in an independently controlled field warehouse is impractical. An improper may require the goods for further processing or for displaying the merchandise in order to make the final sale. In such cases, a financing institution that has a greate degree of trust in the importer may be willing to release the negotiable Bill of Lading and there by the goods to the importer against the signing of the trust receipt.
Interpret of Letter of Credit (L/C)
A letter of Credit (L/C) can be defined as “an arrangement where in a bank guarantees on behalf of his customers to make payments to the beneficiary upon presentation of documents specified in the credit”
Parties involved in L/C
Opener / Buyer / Importer
The person who opens the L/C is known as Opener/Buyer/Importer of the L/C. the buyer and the seller conclude a sales contract providing for payment by documentary credit.
The bank issuing the L/C in favor of exporter is known as opening bank. The opening bank opens L/C on request importer according to the application of the importer.
The bank through L/C advised. L/C will be sent to the beneficiary through their agent (corresponded bank) abroad. The duty of the advising bank is to authenticate the message so that the seller can act on it without any fear of document.
Seller and exporter in whose favor the L/C is opened. The beneficiary is normally the seller of goods who receive payments under documentary credit if he has compiled with terms and conditions of related L/C.
The bank that is authorized to handle (purchase) the documents under the L/C in the exporting country are known as negotiating bank. L/C will stipulate either a notified bank to negotiate (restricted L/C) or any bank can negotiate in the seller’s country (unrestricted L/C)
The bank that is (by the L/C issuing bank) to effect reimbursement is known as reimbursing bank. Reimbursing bank is authorized to honor the reimbursement claims in settlement of negotiation/ acceptance / payments lodged with it by the paying / negotiation / accepting bank.
This section is negotiates the export documents and collects and purchases the export bill. The two types of credit facilities allowed by the bank to the exporter in relation to export credit.
- Pre-shipment Finance
- Post-Shipment Finance
Export finance arises from trade between two trades trading in two different countries. A brief idea of the both categories is given below:
An exporter intend to ship the goods to an overseas buyer he/she needs fund for purchasing goods to be exported. The supplier may also depend upon the bank for arranging credit for the supply of goods.
Post-Shipment finance is more concerned with banks than Pre-Shipment Finance. This type of finance starts after the goods have been already shipped.
Function of Export Section
Export section performs different type of tasks such as:
- Master L/C
- Function of export bill collection.
- Packing credit (PC)
- ECC- Export credit packing.
- Accepted bills payable (ABP)
Opening Back to Back L/C
Back to Back, L/C is a secondary letter of credit opened by the advising bank in favor of a domestic or foreign supplier. On behalf of the beneficiary original foreign L/C. As the original letter of credit of bank by import letter, it is called Back to Back L/C. the second L/C is opened on the strength of the original L/C for a smaller amount maximum 80% is shipped under Lien and 10% under packing credit. There are different types of BTB L/C opened by EXIM Bank of Bangladesh Limited. There are four kind back to back L/C against master L/C.
Back to Back L/C (Local)
When Back to Back L/C is opened for local purchase of materials it is called Back to back L/C (Local). It is generally payable within 90 days at sight.
Back to Back L/C (Foreign)
When the BTB L/C is opened in a foreign country supplier, it is called BTB L/C (Foreign). It is generally payable within 120 days at site.
Back to Back L/C (EPZ)
EPZ menas is Export Processing Zone. When the back to back L/C is opened for EPZ in the Bangladesh its called EPZ BTB L/C. There are six EPZs in Bangladesh of which four are operating now, Here the L/C issued for EPS (Export processing zone) though there is foreign investors. The maximum beneficiary party is EPZ by foreign investors
Back to Back L/C (EDF)
EDF is Export Development Fund that is provided by the ADB. ADB given financial support for export promotion of Third-world-country like as Bangladesh. When the Bank is not in a position to support the amount of back to back L/C then they apply for loans to the Bangladesh Bank for Back to Back (EDF).
L/C margin varies bank to bank and customer to customer. Generally, L/C margin depends on the following factors:
- Relationship between the banker and customer.
- Seasonal factor.
- Feature of the goods.
- Government restriction.
The exporter will first fill an EXP from declaring the amount to be export, item, and quantity, country etc. The EXP-form has a specific number given to the party. This number is very important. Suppose the number is 1949-0135- 03. This number will be treated as the reference number on invoice (Where the price and quantity is mentioned by the importer). A copy of (duplicate) is send to Bangladesh Bank. Original EXP form is retained with the party. Triplicate is required for customer purpose. A quadruplet is kept for office purpose. I Exp. form, banks authorized officer will sign in two places mentioning the date of Exp. The supplier must declare all export from Bangladesh on EXP forms to the Bank enabling them to submit the duplicate within 14 days from the date of shipment.
The shipper is required to repatriate the export proceeds within 4 months from the date of shipment otherwise, penalty is imposed upon them. The following things are in EXP form
- Quantity of goods to be exported (pieces or dozens)
- Item of the goods (Suppose men’s shirt etc)
- Amount in dollar or Euro (Amount will match the L/C value or may slight vary for sampling and other purpose.)
- Bill of Lading number
- Carrying vessel no.
- Date of departure
- Last date of shipment
- Mood of advising L/C
- Whether transshipment is allowed
- Export L/C number and date.
The application form along with other 3 papers (1) promissory note (2) Exchange form with a forwarding that the party wants to open back to back L/C is submitted to the bank. Before the procedure of Back to Back L/C, the party must submit the original master L/C to the bank. The form is to be stamped under stamp act, enforce in Bangladesh.
L/C authorization form consists of six copies. First, copy the original one for exchange control purpose, second copy is for custom purposes for delivery goods. Third and fourth copy for the concerned licensing office. Fifth copy is for registration unit of the Bangladesh bank. Sixth copy is retained in the Bank.
About the Master L/C
The original master L/C is a beneficiary not mentioning that the importer will pay the money as soon as he receives the goods at his disposal. It may take three months or more.
The L/C or letter of credit is a document or paper mentioning L/C no, terms and condition from the importers parts, form of L/C revocable or irrevocable etc.
- Latest date of shipment
- Transshipment allowed or not
- Issuing bank
- Beneficiary name
- Description of goods
- Trade terms
Back to Back L/C opening Procedures:
The party will propose to open that back to back L/C with in the limit of original master L/C. as discussed earlier the party will apply for opening BTB L/C. The following procedure is followed.
In the L/C opening register, the following things will be recorded:
- Beneficiary name
- Importers name
- Shipment date
- Shipment expiry date
- Goods of items
- Master L/C No. and issuing bank, date of issuing
- EXP No.
- Commission charged
A certain amount will be paid as the commission for opening BTB L/C. This is 0.5% of the total amount of L/C converted into Taka. For data transmission or courier charge or postage charge, some fees will be deducted from party account.
Consideration for back to Back L/C
- Whether client can manufacture within the time period.
- The unit of the finished pro-forma invoice should be considering while allowing margin.
- Consider the expiry date and shipment date.
- On-side inspection whether manufacturing is carried out.
Payment under Back to Back L/C
Deferred payment is made in case of Back to Back L/C as 60, 90, 120, 180 days date of maturity period. Payment will be given after realizing export proceed from the L/C issuing bank from the abroad.
Reporting of Bangladesh Bank
At the end of every month reporting of Bangladesh Bank is mandatory regarding the whole month’s export operation. The procedures in this respect are as follows:
- To fill-up the E-2/P-2 schedule of S-1 category. The whole month import amount, quantity, goods category, country, currency etc. all are mentioned. Respective IMP forms are also attached with the schedule to fill the E-3/ P-3 for all invisible payment.
- Original IMP is forwarded to Bangladesh Bank with mentioning invoice value.
- Duplicate IMP is skipped with the bank along with bill of entry.
Amendment of L/C
In case of revocable L/C, amendment can be brought without prior notice of the beneficiary or issuing bank. However, in case of irrevocable L/C prior notice of the beneficiary is essential. Issuing bank will accept amendment of the L/C after getting consent of both important exporter.
How amendment for BTB L/C is made
Amendment can be made through Telex, swift, fax or courier, Swift copy is retained in the L/C file. Message given by the swift is very easy. Just send message through swift that how much the amount would be or the new shipment date or the quantity changed.
The party will make an application to the manager of the branch for the necessary amount to done. The followings thing are amended:
- Value of the L/C
- Quantity of the goods
- Shipment date
Value of the L/C
If the value of the Back to Back L/C increases it will be treated as a new L/C. L/C commission will be taken from the party in addition to the old L/C. In L/C opening register, the value will be included. Other charges like L/C opening amendment commission, Datamax charge or the courier charge will be taken from the party. In the Back to Back liability, register liability is created and the liability voucher is passed. While amending, the following accounting treatment is done:
When person desire to export should apply to obtain ERC. Then the person should take step for exporter purpose into the bank for obtaining EXP form. The exporter must submit the following documents:
- Trade License.
- Export registrations certificate (ERC)
- Certificate from concerned Government Organization.
After satisfaction on the documents, the banker will issue EXP form to the exporter. Now exporter will be getting shipping and other documents form the shipment procedure. Exporter should submit all these documents along with letter of indemnity to bank for negotiation.
Documents of Export
Requirement of document for export purpose
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- EXP form.
- Bill of Exchange.
- Export master L/C copy.
- Packing List.
- Certificate of Origin.
- Quality Control Certificate.
- Weight list.
- Clean report of finding (CRF).
Function of Export Bill Collection
There are two types of procedures regarding collection of Export Bill.
- Foreign Documentary Bill for Collection (FDBC).
- Foreign Documentary Bill for Purchase (FDBP).
Foreign Documentary Bill for Collection (FDBC)
Exporter can collect the bill through negotiating bank on the basic collection Exporter in this case will submit all the documents to the negotiating bank for collection of bill from inspector. The exporter will get money when the issuing bank gives payment. In this case, the opening bank will investigate all the documents as per terms and conditions mentioned in L/C.
Foreign Documentary Bill for Purchase (FDBP)
When exporter sale all the export documents to the negotiating bank then it is called FDBP. In this case, the exporter will submit all the documents to the bank. The bank give 80%-90% amount to the exporter against total L/C value. If, the exporter need financial assist then the advising Bank will give FDBP facilities to opening bank.
Local Documentary Bill for Purchase (LDBP)
- Incoming of L/C customer with the L/C to negotiate.
- Documents given with L/C
- Investigate documents as per L/C terms and conditions.
- Forward the documents to L/C opening bank.
- L/C issuing bank give acceptance and for ward acceptance letter
- Payment given to the party by collection basis or by purchasing.
Packing Credit (PC)
It is one kind of credit sanctioned by the department to meet the exported goods shipment timely. The bank will give the facility after deduction of back to back L/C value. The bank take 7% profit from PC.
ECC (Export cash credit)
It is also one kind of credit section by the negotiation (Advisory Bank before section of (PC) packing credit. The bank take 13% on ECC.
Accepted bill for payment (ABP)
The party after receiving the goods will pay for the importers. This will obviously done by the party’s bank. With ABP the party can make the payment at a latter time after receiving his payment against the original L/C. he may take 90 days or 120 days for this purpose. This arrangement is called accepted bill for payment (ABP). This means that the bank has accepted the bill from the importer for payment. The importer must have sent the documents to the branch bank. The document includes bill of lading, commercial invoice, certificate of origin, packing list, DHL receipt etc.
Upon receive the documents an ABP no will be given on the documents and on the L/C file. In the ABP register, the number is given first with the date of maturity and due date.
In the ABP liability register, a liability will be created debiting banker’s liability on ABP and crediting customer’s liability on ABP.
The document received from the exporter from whom BTB L/C opener imports goods handed over to the party. Then the question of payment comes. At the maturity/due date, the bank will pay to the negotiating bank of the importer, Maturity date should be convened to the negotiating bank.
Foreign Remittance Section
Different funds are mobilized from foreign country to our country through the foreign remittance section. Purchase of currencies institutes inward foreign remittance and sale of foreign currencies constitutes outward foreign remittance. EXIM Bank has a rich environment where funds flow from different countries. The transaction of the authorized dealer in foreign exchange involves either inward or outward remittances of foreign exchange between the two countries.
Remittance procedure of Foreign Currency by the Exim bank.
There are two types of remittance:
- Inward Remittance.
- Outward Remittance.
Inward remittance: Inward remittance can be divided into different types. These remittance procedures are describe in the following:
Foreign Demand Draft (FDD)
If any draft is send to the name of any organization from abroad then the draft is fill-up from “C” where the draft holder is to fill-up who has send this draft, from where this draft has been sent etc. Whether family purpose or not, if the draft has been family purpose then no VAT is required against the draft. For payment of draft concerned officer maintains a register, which is called Register for foreign Currency paid.
Foreign telegraphic Transfer (FTT)
TT is one of the important tools of foreign currency from one country to another. The person who wants to send TT to the abroad at first he / she has to deposit amount mentioned in voucher to the cash department. The bank branch through their respective NOSTRO account that is maintaining any foreign bank account outside the country generally performs it. The original bank send a message to the paying foreign bank for making payment against the mentioned TT accounts number. The foreign make payments to the party and make debit ‘account’ against respective bank. At the same time foreign bank send advice to Head Office ID division for acknowledgement the payment.
Outward Remittance: Out ward remittance includes sales of TC and FC notes etc.
Sales of TC and FC Notes
To get TC and FC notes at least the customer has to submit an application form filling up the required column, which is formatted by the bank, is called T/M form, After checking the form, the desk officer passes voucher and issues a TC and gives cash dollar to the customer. In both the cases, the banker endorses total amount in customer’s passport. The bankers require photocopy of customer’s passport (page one to seven) and endorsement paper. The charge of endorsement taken by the branch is Tk. 300 only. Sale of TC and FC and Notes amount varies from different countries.
Islamic Banking System of Investment
Islamic is not a only religion. It is complete code of life. Islam is described as a system of financial inter mediation that avoids receipt and payment of interest in its transactions and conducts its operations is accordance with objectives of an Islamic economy. Islamic banking is based on the Islamic legal concepts of
- Sherkah (partnership)
- Mudarabah (profit-sharing)
They have several distinguishing factors as listed below-
- Islamic banking financing arrangement are interest free.
- The public good is always taken into consideration for any request for financing.
- Islamic banks are multi purpose banks.
- Islamic banks scrutinize their investments more closely on the are liable for any losses incurred.
- Due to the profit sharing feature of Islamic banking. Banks and entrepreneurs have a shared interest in the out come of an investment which fosters economic development.
What is Islamic Banking?
The definition of Islamic bank, as approved by the OIC. is elated in the following manner “An Islamic bank is a financial investigation whose status, rules and procedures expressly state its commitment to the principle of Islamic shariah and to the banking of the receipt and payment of interest on any of its operations.
Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed says, “Islamic banking is essentially a nonnative concept and could be closed as conduct of banking in consonance with the ethos of the value system of Islam.
Alternatively this is a banking system whose operation is based on Islamic principles of transaction of which profit and loss sharing (PLS) is a major feature, ensuring justice and equity in the economy.
Distinguishing features of Islamic Banking:
An Islamic bank has several distinctive features as compound to its conventional banking / other part six essential difference as bellow:
- Abolition of interest (Riba) = Since riba is prohibited in the Holy Quran and interest is a all its form is akin to riba, the first distinguishing features of and Islamic bank must that it is interest
- Adherence to public Interest: Activity of commercial banks being primarily based on the use of public funds, public interest rather than individuals or group interest will be served by Islamic commercial Banks.
- Multi-purpose bank: Islamic banks will universal or multi-purpose banks and not purely commercial bank.
- More care Evaluation of Investment Demand: Another very important features of an Islamic bank is its very carefully attitude towards toward evaluation of applications for equity oriented financing. Their main concern does not go beyond ensuring the security of their principal and interest receipts.
- Work as catalyst of Development: Project loss sharing being a distinctive characteristic of an Islamic bank fosters closer relation between banks and entrepreneurs. It helps develop financial expertise in Non-financial firms and also enable the bank to assume the role of technical consultant and financial adviser. Which acts a catalyst in the process industrialization and development.
- To offer contemporary financial services in conformity with Islamic shariah.
- To contribute towards economic development and prosperity within the principles of Islamic justices.
- Optimum allocation of scarce financial resources.
- To help ensure equitable distribution of income.
Investment Decision under Islamic banking:
Under the profit loss sharing systems of investment financing, the bank receives a variable rate of return or it share a percentage of profits earned by borrower.
Though there is a consumer as to sharing losses in proportion to capital participation, some of the Muslim economist think that the ratio may vary with the application of different types of modes of financing. Thus, the profit loss sharing systems of investment financing may be termed a variable returns system.
Sin the Islamic banking system does not change interest on any financing agreements, the client neither receives nor a pay fixed rate of returns while financing investment.
Mode of Investment
To facilitate investment the following models shall be resorted to:
a) Murabaha d) Mudraba g) Quard against FDR
b) Bai- Muajjal e) MUsharaka h) Quard-E-Hasana
c) Bai- Salam f) Hire purchase (M.M) i) Direct Investment.
Bai-Murabaha have devived from Arabic words bai and Ribhun. Bai-means purchase and sides the ribhen meas agreed upon project.
Murabaha means a mode of finanace under which a commo dity is purchased at the request of client as per his specification from the third part. i.e. other than the client (at whose request the commodity is purchased) or from his sister/allied concern with the clear understanding and prior contract. To sell the same to his at a marked up profit over an above the original price at which the bank purchased it. In addition, delivers the same on taking possession at least for one second and there after keeping the goods as baille, Under pledge of the bank as security to facilitates lifting by the clients on making cash payment of the price of commodities at a fixed future date either in installment or in lumps.
Interpret of Murabaha
- There must be three parties; a) Bank, b) Client, c) Seller of commodities. In no circumstance goods shall be purchased form the client or its sister / allied concerns since that will constitute buy back which is not compatible with Islamic Shariah principle.
- Bank & Client should know the original purchase price & mark up profit. Possession of the goods must come to bank even for a moment after purchase & the same shall be taken into custody by the bank for pledge as security immediately after delivery to the client.
- The marked up period should usually be for one year and the mark up rate may be comensuruting with the prevailing market rate.
- The ownership of the pledged goods shall be with the client and bank shall hold it as bailee.
- Commodity should be socially desirable i.e. Halal.
- The Murabaha goods may be purchased by engaging the clients as Buying Agent by a separate agreement and payment may be paid directly to supplier or through the client on receipt of the goods as security under pledge and control of the bank duly authorized by the seller in the cash memo or through enlisted whole seller agents or by the bank official direct along with the customers.
- Rebate on marked up profit may be allowed in lumps for early adjustment in order to attract quick recycling.
- Compensation/liquidated damage at marked up profit rate may be imposed in case of failure to lift the goods within the marked up period. Moreover, the same is to be kept in a separate income A/C Compensation Recoverable or Recovered as the case may be for charitable purpose.
- The marketability of the goods is to be verified along with price there of so that the client does not become reluctant to lift the same on payment to the Bank after taking the same into pledge rather feel encouraged to adjust the investment speedily.
- To protect the above risk, sufficient cash security to be converted into goods security are to be obtained considering the risk and marketability involved.
- The quantity & quality of the goods are to be ensured.
- The price of the goods must be competitive.
- Lifting of the goods, either in installment or lumps within the fixed determined period is to be ensured.
- In case of failure to lift the goods with in the pre-determined period the same is to be disposed off within the reasonable time ensuring peak period or six months whichever is less.
- The client must be dealer of the commodity to be purchased and have experience in the line of trade.
- Collateral may be obtained for uncommon items.
- The feasibility of the proposal shall be ascertained as is done in usual course of Banking.
Bai-Muazzal is defined as a mode of investment under which the goods are sold to the clients at a cost plus price payable in a deferred basis either in lumps or in installment at a fixed future date on purchasing the same as that of Murabaha. This system could be of considerable use in financing current input requirements of industry and agriculture as well as on the financing of domestic and import trade and income generating activities.
Interpret of Bai-Muazzal
- All features of Murabaha shall exist in Bai-Muazzal except the following:
- Unlike Murabaha the purchase price is not required to be disclosed to the client but the marked up price must be disclosed.
- The possession of the goods shall be delivered and client will take it for sale without making instant payment i.e. on deferred payment basis.
- The investment against the goods is repayable either before due date i.e. immediately after sale of the stock or at fixed date of repayment which ever is earlier.
- Generally, collateral securities are to be obtained in respect of Bai-Muazzal Investment.
It is defined as a investment under which purchase of commodity/product is made making advance payment by the Bank on execution of a written contract clearly mentioning the specification/size of the commodity and the time of delivery at a fixed future date. Generally, agricultural land industrial products are purchased in advance under the above mode to infuse finance so that production is not hindered for want of fund.
Interpret of Bai-Salam are as follows:
- Generally, the purchase price is paid in full/part instantly in advance after execution of contract.
- The description of commodity, quality, size utility, time and place of delivery is giving clearly in the contract.
- If described in the contract delivery can be taken in installment.
- To ensure delivery in right time the bank may take counter guarantee/performance guarantee from the seller, On the other hand, bank can also obtain collateral security from the client to whom the Bai-Salam investment is made to ensure delivery of the same.
- Bai-Salam is the only exceptional mode in Islamic Sharia in which goods can be sold without having goods in possession & existence.
It is a mode of investment between two parties according to which one of them pays the other a specific amount of money (capital) to invest at an agreed ratio of profit and the other shall give labor. Here the Bank shall pay capital to the client and the client will conduct business by putting his labor and judgement.
- All capital shall come from one party & the labor (management) shall come from the other party.
- The first party is called the capital owner (Sahebal-mal) and the second is called the ‘Mudarib ‘(Manager).
- The net profit is divisible between them according to ratios agreed upon in advance in the in the contract.
- All financial Loss is borne by the capital owner alone unless it is resulted from the negligence or will full act of the Mudarib.
- This is absolutely a risky mode of investment & as such selection of Mudrib shall have to be done with most care. Collateral may also be obtained for recovery of loss incurred will fully or negligently.
Musharaka is an investment mode of financing. Under this mode Bank shall participate with the client as a partner of an enterprise. The Islamic Sharia principle of Musharaka shall be ‘Shirkatul Inan’ which means profit is divisible as per agreed ratio irrespective of capital contribution where as loss is borne strictly on the basis of capital contribution of the parties involved.
Features of Musharaka
- The entrepreneur will manage the enterprise.
- Capital/Equity shall be invested by the by the bank & Client as mutually agreed upon.
- The Bank shall take part in the policy and decision making as well as oversee the operation of the enterprise.
- Profit shall mean profit without deduction of administrative cost and overhead expenses as well as before payment of income tax but after deduction of allowable expenses as defined in the rules and the same shall be devisable and shared by the bank and client as per equity as per equity ratio, while the loss if any shall also be borne on the basis of equity ratio. Since the business shall be managed by the clients (s) the bank may provide the client (s) management fee at a ratio mutually agreed upon. The management fee shall fee fixed up in such a manner so that the Banks share of profit does not fall bellow the projected rate of profit (PRP) fixed by the Bank.
- Equity participation in any limited company by way of owing shares, the Bank shall earn divided income as declared by the company from time to time.
- The client(s) must not borrow from any other source beyond the knowledge and written consent of the Bank.
- Firms having interest bearing loans/advances shall not be considered for Musharaka
- Musharaka investment clients may also avail investment facilities under any other modes on investment from the same branch.
- A written agreement incorporating all terms and conditions shall be executed by the parties involved.
- Collateral may be obtained to ensure recovery of invested amount or to loss caused willfully & negligently.
Hire Purchase under Musharaka Muanaqasha (HP_MM)
It is a mode under which the bank invests to enable purchase of machinery, equipment’s transport or other durable articles by the clients on obtaining initial equity & fixing up rate or rent to be charged on the outstanding to pay off the principal & accrued rent in installments at a fixed period.
- Initial equity shall be obtained from the client & the same shall be appropriated to HP-MM A/C thereby reflecting, the outstanding equity of the Bank.
- Rent shall be charged rate on outstanding equity only to avoid compounding or rent.
- Ownership of the asset shall be with the bank until full payment of the dues.
- Collateral may be obtained.
Quard Against Term Deposit
Quard against term deposit may be allowed by creating loan account and profit upon loan is not to be recovered. Simultaneously profit on term deposit for the like amount is not to be paid. The Bank however, may recover an amount of service charge for the job.
Direct investment in Real Estate & Housing
Investment may be made for purchasing land for development subsequent disposal or for construction of flats and for disposal of the same for gainful purpose. The bank under joint ownership with the client may also develop housing estate, buildup multistoried building and dispose of the same subsequently for gainful purpose.
Investment in Socio-Economic and Humanitarian Advancement under Different Schemes.
Schemes are as follows may be adopted:
- Rural Investment scheme;
- Small traders Investment scheme;
- Doctor’s Investment scheme;
- Small transport Investment scheme;
- Transport scheme;
- Credit for small scale industries;
- Credit for in cottage industries;
- Scheme for credit to hawkers.
- Scheme for credit in Household/Consumer durable;
- Scheme for credit in rural House Building;
- Scheme for credit in Mosque based development;
An overview on the performance of the Bank
The year 2004 was remarkable year simultaneously for development and achievements of continuous growth rate in all the areas of banking operations. The Bank has successfully been marching ahead with its prime business objective by earning a pre-tax profit of Tk. 645.64 Million registering an annual growth of 34.93% than that of the previous year. It has successfully mobilized Tk. 19078.18 million deposit from depositors and arranged disbursement of Tk. 19332.44 million as Investment to 10091 accounts as on 31st December 2004 through its 24 Branches. The total Income and expenditure of the Bank were Tk. 2644.59 million and Tk. 1808.78 million respectively during the period under review. The return on assets (ROA) was 3.44% well above the industry average. The achievements were possible because of the service excellence of management team with support from a very resourceful and skilled workforce who are rendering efficient and specialized services.
Authorized Capital & Paid up Capital
Figure in crore in (Tk.)
|2.||Paid up Capital||22.50||22.50||25.31||31.38||62.775|
The authorized capital is unchanged but the paid up capital increasing rapidly in the 2004 than the year 2003 respectively. The authorized capital of the bank is Tk. 1000 million and the paid up capital of the bank is Tk. 627.75 million as of December 31, 2004.
|Figure in corore. (TK.)|
The authorized and Paid up Capital of the Bank was Tk. 100 million and Tk. 225.00 million while it started its Banking operation in 1999. The Capital and reserve of the Bank as on 31st December 2004 stood at Tk. 1400.00 million. The Bank also made a 1% general provision on unclassified investments of the Bank, which amounted to Tk. 188.22 million.
The deposit is the lifeblood for the commercial Banks. The core business of commercial banks is accepting deposits and investing fund and it’s main stream of revenue of commercial banking. The total deposit of the Bank stood at Tk. 19078.18 million as on December 2004 as against Tk. 15242.97 million of the previous year which is an increase of 25.16%. This growth rate may be termed as a remarkable achievement for the Bank. The present strategy is to increase the deposit base through maintaining competitive rates of Profit and having low cast of funds.
|Figure in crore (TK.)|
Total amount of Investment of the Bank stood at Tk. 19332.44 million as on December 31, 2004 as against Tk. 12289.12 million as on December 31, 2003 showing an increase of Tk. 7043.32 million with growth rate of 57.31%.
Investments are the core asset of a Bank. The bank gives emphasis to acquire quality assets and does appropriate Investment risk analysis while approving commercial and trade facilities to clients.
Investments (Share & Bonds)
|Figure in crore (TK.)|
|Investment (Share & Bonds)||32.160||82.906||141.90||237.07||154.299|
The size of the investment portfolio in 2004 is Tk. 1542.99 million. The portfolio comprises Islamic Investment Bond, Shares and Prize Bonds.
|Figure in crore (TK.)|
The foreign exchange business is spread due to wide government facilities, expansion of business in the society, etc. So, I can say that the foreign exchange business of EXIM Bank growth rapidly.
|Figure in crore (TK.)|
Import Business is considered as an important segment of Foreign exchange business. During the year, the Bank opened 16339 import letter of credit and the import volume stood at Tk. 2 6781.80 million with a growth of 39.05% comparison with previous year.
|Figure in crore (TK.)|
The growth of the export business has significantly been increased by 48.22%. It stood at Tk. 22418.40 million as of December 31, 2004 against Tk. 15124.60 million of the previous year. Export item handled by the Bank includes Jute, Jute goods, readymade garments, leather and leather goods, textile goods etc.
|Figure in crore (TK.)|
The EXIM Bank makes profit, which is good sign. As a result, the reputation of the EXIM Bank is increasing day by day. In year 2002 a growth in operating profit of the bank to Tk. 386.80 million recording an application increase, this was due to prudent lending and optimum management of funds. As on June 2003 operating profit of the descries Tk. 25.05 million than 2002. Now December 31, 2004 operating profit of the Bank to Tk. 381.78 million is increasing by respectively.
In order to ensure better management of Asset and Liability, an Asset Liability committee (ALCO) has been formed at Head Office. The Committee designed the strategy for liquidity management, reduction of profit rate risk, market risk and maturity gap. Moreover, ALCO provides the Bank continued access to different funds including inter bank fund so that liquidity risk is low. The pricing policy for different kinds of liability and asset is also determined by this committee. The bank ensures its available funds to meet obligation of maintaining Statutory Liquidity Requirement (SLR) and investment of liquid asset in a profitable manner.
SWOT Analysis :
The overall evaluation of company’s strengths. Weaknesses, opportunities, and threats is called SWOT analysis. A business unit has mortar key microenvironment forces and microenvironment actors.
Macro environment force are Demographic economic technological, political-legal and social cultural.
Micro environment actors: Customers, competitors, distributors, suppliers.
SOWT analysis also called.
- Internal Environment
- External environment analysis.
Internal environment analysis: Strengths, Weakens.
Strong Board of Director :
The Board of Director of that Bank is more strong of than other Bank. Md. Nozrul was matusnder chairman of that Md. Alt of houses they are Successful Business margent \person is the Bangladesh and abroad.
The top management of the Exim Bank Bangladesh Ltd. They contributed yearly towards the growth and development of the Bank. The top management have long experience skill full and efficiency in the financial sector of our country. To management are Md. Mr. Mohammed Lakitulla and Sr. Executive V.P Mr. Haider Ali they are pioneer of Exim Bank Ltd.
Reputation of Exim Bank:
The Exim Bank Bangladesh Ltd. has attained reputed company in the Banking industries of Bangladesh and international. Then another Bank as a New corners. The Bank Bangladesh Ltd. Violent growth in the profits and deposits within a few period.
Strong online facilities:
The Exim Ltd. has arrangement modern equipment and facilities for the prepare their work. The electronic facilities are telex Fax swift. The Exim Bank Ltd. transaction all international passport, L/C, message by swift online. The Bank has computerized banking operation under the software is called DC bank.
Positioning of Exim Bank:
Strong positioning of the Exim Bank Bangladesh Ltd. in the Banking industries of Bangladesh. There are 24 branches decorated by impressive style. This well decorated branches gets attention of the potential customers.
Global corporate culture:
The global corporate culture of the Exim Bangladesh is very much interactive compare to with other local and international organization. This interactive environment encourages the employees to work attentively. The Bank all ready interactive co-operation with 190 Banks covering 118 countries across the world.
The Exim Bangladesh Ltd. Financial stability is very strong. They have authorized capital is Tk. 100 crore and paid up capital Tk. 62.775 crore. Total capital 140 crore. Total Assets Tk. 2435.57 crore. The employers of Exim Bank Bangladesh Ltd. is very stable business persons in Market such on Nassa Group, Bexine group of industries etc.
Adverting and promotion: The Advertising is more exertiae growing the organization. Marketing police rely indicate on organization future portion. But there are no aggressive marketing activities of Exim Bank Ltd. it important weakness for Exim Bank Ltd. this weakness pushes the bank for behind from the other competitor.
Advertised are –
- Billboard : There are few Billboard of Exim Bank Ltd. it is not sufficient marketing Activities.
- Incorporate Image: Save the environment by young plant seedling.
Geographical Coverage :
There are 66 district in of Bangladesh. But Exim Ltd. has a number of branches of Bank 24. 18 are located at main business caters of urban areas across the country and remaining 6 branches are at rural areas the bank should be coverage geographical area by expansion their new branches.
Disguised of employment:
Exim should be appointment by recruiting system. But reference appointment is very much attractive in the Exim Bank Ltd. them recruitment. It is harmful for organization.
Because of there case, there are many employees who are only drawing salaries at the end of the month but minimum contributed towards the organization. On the other land the Exim school be Direct appointment highly qualified educated peoples those are MBA, BBA and CA degree holder. For this system increased bank effectiveness.
Limitation of it system:
It system more important for the modern world. But Exim Bank Ltd. is not provided on time Banking system. The Bank used PC Bank. PC Bank is not comprehensive banking software.
Law remuneration package:
At the another weak of Exim is remuneration structure lower level and mid level officers considerable law salaries. But MBA, BBA people does not interest to joining Exim Bank. They are interested to join other banks instead of joining Exim Bank.
External Environment Analysis: Opportunity & Threat
The Exim Bank Bangladesh should be strategy of their implementation strong will bring out best successful for the bank. There are 7s framework for business success of Exim Bank Bangladesh Ltd.
The part there elements-
There element are considered the hardware of success. The “hardware” element consideration by board of Director and Top management of Exims Bank Bangladesh Ltd.
The next four-
- Shared values
There element are called “soft ware” of success.
- Style: The employees of Exim Bank Bangladesh Ltd. share a common way of thinking and behaving. Thus the employees smile the entire customer and are very professional in their customer dealing.
- Skills: The employees have the skills needed to carry out the company strategy.
- Staffing: The Bank hire able people training them well and arraigned them to the right jobs.
- Shared values: The employees share the same quiding values.
When the software element are present, the Bank are usually will be more successful at strategy implementation.
The Exim Bank Ltd. provided retail market. The Bank is to introduce charge free banking and personal loan.
- Higher educational loans for abroad
- Trade Banking
- Consumer loan
- House furniture loan
- handicrafts loan
- employment loan
First Direct Banking:
First Direct Bank opened in October 1996 leeds, England. First Direct was still attracting attention as an innovator that operated a bank with no branches. The Exim Bank (Bd) ltd. can introduce First Direct Bank as a 1st time in Bangladesh.
Online Banking are
- www: World Wide Web side, Home banking customer may connect to their bank proprietary web site via private dial-up networks and tap into their personal accounts.
- PC based Access: A personal computer may access a banks computer via a modern and telephone network.
Advantage of online Banking:
- Convenience: customer can order products 24 hours a day where ever they are don’t have to sit in traffic find a parking space and walk through countries aisles to final and examine goods.
- Information: Customers can find reams of comparative information about bank products. Competitors and prices without leaving their office or home.
- Fewer hassles: Customers don’t have to face sales people or open themselves up to persuasion and emotional factors. They also don’t have to wait. So the Exim ltd. should connection online bank.
Responsibilities employees of Bank:
Identifies customer need:
- Opens new accounts for individuals business and private organization.
- Certifies cheeks
Handle stop payment requests.
- Demonstrate ATMs to customer and assists with problems.
- Coordinate clossing of accounts and as certains reasons.
- Promotes and sell retail saving and identities any existing cross-sell opportunities.
Provides promote, efficient, and friendly services to all customer and prospective customer:
- Answer customers question regarding bank services hours etc.
- Describes and sells bank services to customers.
Presents and communicates the best possible customer service:
- Greets all customers with a courteous friendly attitude.
- Provides fast accurate, friendly services.
Promotes the Bank Services?
- Cross Sells other bank services appropriate to customers needs.
- inquires regarding bank matters
- Directs customers to others departments for specialized services.
Segmenting Business Markets: The Business Market segmentation are-
- User or non user status
- Customer Capabilities
- Purchasing function organization.
- Power structure.
- Nature of existing relationships.
- Purchasing criteria
- Urgency service need & delivery.
- Fire of order by the customer
- Buying selling similarity with employees & customer
- Attitudes toward risk.
- Loyalty of customer
Marketing Strategy: Exim Bank to take following task for marketing strategy.
- Target Market
- Product line
- Distribution outlets
- Sales force
- Service-Quick and widely available service
- Marketing research
The Exim Bank Ltd. is running as an introduction stage. They have to rapid penetration in the market. Thus, at a low price and spending heavily on promotion. Because there is strong potential competition Banks in the making of Bangladesh. Most buyers are price sensitive.
Modern banking concept is ATM banking transaction customer can transaction on official day by A.T.M card. Standard chartered Bank, Islamic Bank Bangladesh Ltd. The City Bank and Dhaka Bank already successfully launched ATM Banking.
Tele Marketing services provided by the foreign banks. Tele banking is popularization in European country. So Exim Bank Bangladesh can providing option of tele banking systems.
Advertising is more elements for marketing activities of Exim Bank Ltd. Exim should be increased the sales promotion budget by 15%.
Advertising camping are following-
- Point of purchase display (POP)
- Trade show
- Stole in the international business fair.
- In corporate image
- Event Advertisement
- V newspaper, Magazine etc.
There are 53 Bank of Bangladesh. But a few Bank fuctioning by Islamic Banking system such as Islamic Bank (BD) Ltd. Al-Arafa Islamic Bank, Exim Bank, Based on Islamic Banking system. So the main competitor for Exim Bank Ltd. is based on Islamic shariah Banks. The Exim Bank Ltd, should be bring out aggressive compaign to attract lucrative corporate clients as well as major depositors.
The Multinational Bank also competitors for the Exim Bank ltd. Existing foreign banks are standard chartered Bank. HSBC Bank, Bank Al-fla, Dutch Bangla Bank etc. Standard chartered bank is new pursing an aggressive branch expansion strategy.
The foreign Banks have tremendous financial strength. It will pose a threat for local banks. So the Exim bank Ltd. should be rapid action to prevent threat of Multinational Banks.
Conflict is a part of life. It is a reality conflict has a positive side as well as negative side. Negative side conflict is bad. Bad conflict is harmful for organization and must be avoided. The negative consequence from conflict can be devastating.
Negative conflict are increased turn over decreased employee satisfaction and inefficiencies between work units sabotage, labor grievances strikes and physical aggression. The employees of Exim Bank Ltd. should be avoid all conflict.
The trade union is more important for the organization organization public or private, big or small are managed and staffed by people. Human is grouping, people to want their right. So they make trade union by leader. Leadership is the ability to influence people’s behavours. So that they will strive willingly toward the achievement of group goals. But leader tend to take impersonal attitudes towards goals.
But trade union is not fit for the LDC country. Because, unwell trade union harmful for the organization. Maximum trade union of LDC is unwell and uncivil. So Exim Bank should be avoid the trade union.
Organization culture is important. It is include the way a firm produces its products, pay its bills, treats its employees and performs any other organization operation. Default culture is harmful for Banks. Because Default culture is very much familiar in the Bangladesh. Exim is new, it has not faced seriously yet. However the Exim Bank culture is include innovation, employees empowerment and procedural justice to attraction the potential customer.
Bad loan is an imprecation for the banking in our country. Thus sales crore taka due as a bad loan. Bad loans leads the organization towards to bankrupted. Bad loan created by the unskilled full employees or bribery. It is major important threat for the Exim Bangladesh ltd. The Bank will be try to free from bad loan.
It is another threat for organization. Black money destroy the organization quickly. Block money sources are-
- Insurance premium
- C & F Agent commission.
- Courier commission
There are four resources to be encourage the employees to earn extra income. As a result bank become a bankrupted. TheExim bank should be stop Balack money sources.