The main objective of this report is to analysis the Garments sector and to get a clear idea about activities of operation and marketing of garments accessories. Other objectives are to appraise the task which is directly linked with Operation. In this report focus on Export Packaging Limited and overall activities. Finally, identify problems of Operation departments and find out some solution to these problems and provide some recommendation.
In general sense, we mean “Garments” as a Dress and cloths production institution. There are different types of Garments Company like Textile miles, Buying a house, Garments accessories, etc. But when we use the term Garments accessories it generally means, collects the order from Buyer for different accessories and then produce it on the basis of buyers demand and also provide it to the buyer.
Now a day’s Germany’s sector is modernizing and expanding its hand in different fashion events every day. At the same time, the Garments process is becoming faster, easier and is becoming wider. In order to survive in the competitive field of the Garments sector, all organizations are looking for better service opportunities to provide their fellow clients.
The internship program has been included in the BBA curriculum for producing talent, up-to-date and smart, efficient executives. Internship means gaining supervised experience. The internship program offers an opportunity to know the environment of a particular organization. Theoretical knowledge does not make a person perfect. To implement the academic knowledge, practical knowledge related to it is important. Perfect coordination between theory and practice is important in the context of the modern business world. In order to resolve the dichotomy between theory and practice, the different university arranged Internship Program as partial completion of the BBA program. This program is necessary for every student to complete his or her academic degree. Internship program brings the student closer to the business theory and practice and thereby help them to substantiate their knowledge so that they can prepare themselves to start a successful career.
As a participant in this, I was placed under EPL, Lalmatia Branch, Dhanmondi, which is well reputed for trade and commerce in Dhaka city. In preparing the report, I have incorporated the suggestion from correspondents to mention here.
This report is mainly emphasis on Operation and Marketing section in EPL comparative study with popular Garments Accessories Company. Accessories services are a difficult business, subject to many pressures. The regulatory environment, risk and capital management, reporting and compliance are all major issues demanding the attention of board and executive alike. On top of this there is still a business to run, with customers to be won or retained, costs to be managed and shareholder value to be created, all in an increasingly dynamic and international environment, where failure on any of these counts can swiftly lead to the attention of predators, both domestic and international.
Important to the success of an Accessories service organization in this complex environment is the key relationship between the revenue-generating client base and the cost of the infrastructure required to service, satisfy and delight them.
This report is an important part of every student course curriculum and the gaining of his practical training. It ensures the practical knowledge on a specific matter, which is assigned to the students by their respective teachers or otherwise known as a supervisor.
The Title of my report is “Identify Overall Activities of operation and Marketing Department in Export Packaging ” This report is assigned by the HR department of
EPL and approved by the Supervisor of Marketing Department, Faculty of BBA, and Northern College Bangladesh.
The objective of the study:
The ultimate objective of the study is to gain real-life exposure in the Garments sector and to get a clear idea about activities of operation and marketing of garments accessories
The objectives of the study are:
- Building a habit of working and learning responsibility on the duration of the internee.
- To present an overview of EPL
- To appraise the task which is directly linked with Operation
- To identify problems of Operation departments
- Identify the solution of these problems and provide some recommendation.
The methodology of the Study:
The nature of this report is descriptive, so instead of doing any survey or using a sampling method, observation method is used to complete this qualitative research. Most of the necessary information has been collected by face to face interview.
The study has been conducted on the Operation Activities of Export Packaging Ltd. But because of branch-specific constraints, it was conducted on the clients or buyers satisfaction.
- Sampling Unit: Only Lalmatia branches of Export packaging area was under consideration for the sampling unit for the study.
- Sampling Technique:
Random sampling is used for the purpose of the study.
1.Target population: a total of 50 clients in Export packaging Limited.
2.Elements: Which clients are involved in this Company
3.Extent: Dhaka city.
4.Sampling frame: Sampling frame for the study has collected from Export Packaging Limited.
Sample size: Clients = 50.
5.Organization experts: 3.
6.Sampling procedure: Convenience sampling procedure has been selected for this study.
Sources of Data:
The report is based on both primary and secondary data sources. Interviewing the managers and Executive of the company, talking to the customers has provided the primary data.
Furthermore, different publications of the garments, reports were the secondary sources of data.
The primary data had been collected from various sources. The different sources were:
- Distribute questionnaire among selected customer to receive feedback.
- Face to face conversation with the employees.
- By personal interviewing and interacting customers at EPL.
- Observing various organizational procedures.
- From prior research report.
- From different books and periodicals related to the garments sector.
- From the internet
- Annual report of export packaging
- Published Booklet of export packaging
- Various published documents.
Data Collecting Technique:
For the purpose of the study two methods of techniques used:
Observation method is often used to complete this qualitative research because it is very difficult to provide any specific example from any file about the certain document, as the matter is very sensitive for the buyer as well as for the accessories.
Primarily some data are collected from a face-to-face interview of different employees of EPL at Lalmatia Branch. By face to face conversation with the buyers and by personal interviewing it is easy to collect accurate information for the study. For the purpose of this interview, customers were asked to fill up a questionnaire. Based on their answer, it is easy to justify the activities of the production department.
Founded in 2010, as a sister concern of Abaron printers Ltd. EPL has become one of the successful organizations in
Bangladesh with Garments Accessories situated in the heart of Dhaka City, the dynamic financial center of Bangladesh.
“Adherence to global standards and technical innovation, allied to highly-skilled and dedicated people, teamwork and total commitment, is the key to meeting and exceeding our client’s expectations”.
The technological knowledge, and ability to bring together and manage wide-ranging experts into highly effective operational teams, ensure consistently high standards and the constant pursuit of excellence.
From the outset, company policy has been to invest in cutting edge technologies and equipment. Latest generation communications technology ensures smooth information transfer and fast response – anywhere in the world.
A highly-skilled and experienced workforce – experts drawn from the UK, the Indian Sub-Continent and beyond, deliver a work ethic and customer service experience that is truly outstanding.
Traditional products including Label, Zipper, Button, Hand tag, Magazine, fast turnaround financial printing and all aspects of Commercial print, plus the ability to combine products & services into innovative and tailored integrated solutions, have fuelled the company’s success and increasing penetration of international markets.
In a traditionally exceptionally demanding industry, the skills and resources of EPL, together with the solid foundations, offer clients certainty in a challenging business world.
EPL has a wide range of international clients across both the private and public sectors.
They include International Publishers, United Nations Organizations, International Charities, Health care Bangladesh Ltd.
Much of our business is contractual and current contracts includes a wide variety of Label, Zipper, Button, books, & magazines, various directories for many countries, security print (i.e. ID cards), and corporate annual reports.
Magazines: The leading printer of consumer & trade magazines in the Middle East including editorial & advertising management.
Financial Printing: Fast turnaround, document sensitivity, a full range of services and knowledge of industry needs – the vendor of choice for many prestige organizations.
Stationery Products: Customized calendars, diaries, planners, greeting cards, brochures, letterheads, and general stationery.
Direct Mail: Total solution design, printing, database management, personalization, fulfillment & mailing to strict schedules.
Packaging: Innovative packaging and labeling solutions for the garments soft line & hardline packaging product, medical food with other products
Garments accessories: main label, care label, size label, hang tag, heat seal, poly, photo board, skin print, matchbook, woven label, sticker, peach, pocket label, carton sticker, Zipper, tab label. Also, are-
The label is a common accessory, which is to use in each garment. Within each garment no of the label to be used more than one because there are various types of the label to be used for various information. In the garment label, you will get some information e.g.
Main label — the name of the company
Size label — Garments size
Price label Tag — Cost of garments
Composition label-fiber composition (Sometimes size is included)
Care label-Ironing & washing code, dying come (Instruction of garments care)
There sometimes also some components used outside/face side of the garment to increase the beauty or fashion of the garments is called motif. A sometimes motif bears the symbol, trademark, etc.
Labels are available with various types, Qualities, & prices. Printer labels arc cheaper while labels manufactured in jacquard type label loom is expensive.
It is also common accessories used in the garments. It ‘may work as functional part as well as a decorative item, Buttons are made from Nylon Polyester, Wood Bone, Purl, Metal, etc. it may have two or four holes i.e. with shank.
Attaching of the button in the garments is very important, usually, it is attached by the button attaching machine. If lock stitch type button attaching machine. It looks stitch type button a size also varies. O.638mm.¸To express the button size is used. Different types of Buttons are.
- Melamine button
- Sandwich button
- Shank button
- Plastic button
- Horn button
In the pant, trouser and jacket are a common component Metal or plastic-Teethes are used on narrow tapes of polyester or Nylons & those two series of teethes locked by a slider. Sometimes two sliders are used within a single zipper.
Usually, zippers do not shrink after wash but an increase of garments, which may shrink a wash then the zipper area, may look wavy.
Elastics are available in many sizes, shapes stretched. The force required to stretch & elastic also vary depending on types of Elastic used. The elastic used in the bottom waistband of a jacket, vest or pullover shirt, etc yeas should consider using the elastic with more tractability. For pants shorts, skirts (all buttons) the elastic should be of medium stretchability. Elastic suppliers usually sell elastics by gross (one gross means 144 yards) unit, but if you measure one gross length you may get 140 dyes. in most cases.
Elastic is supplied in roll form in production if you want to cut it into 20” length you should do it after the relaxation of the elastic at least for a few hours
Production Facilities & Machinery list
Operation Area Details:
Office: Surface Area 1500 Sqft
Warehouse: Surface Area 3000 Sqft
Pre Press: Surface Area 1400 Sqft
Press: Surface Area 5000 Sqft
Post press: Surface Area 3500 Sqft
No of permanent employees: 40 ppl
No of part-time employees: 20 ppl
Technical Professionals: 2+2 ppl
Maintenance: 6 ppl
If you’ve got a concept, we’ve got a challenging creative solution. Our in-house designers, utilizing state of the art technology,
And can create highly effective and fit for purpose design solutions, either fully in-house or working with your own design Resources Food with other products.
The label weaving machine manufactured by M/S Jacob Muller Ag of Switzerland is the best weaving looms manufacturer in the world. After a thorough comparison study and examination considering reliability, durability, functionality, longevity, worldwide reputation, local service availability, and most importantly, the output quality of the label itself we found label-weaving looms manufactured by Jacob Muller to best suit our requirements.
Quality control and continuous improvement is an integral part of our everyday practice. All processes and operations are documented at every stage including total traceability and accountability at all times.EPL embraces Total Quality Management Principles and maintains strict adherence to global quality standards.
Quality control at EPL printers is a three-step process. We use world famous X rite spectra eye to measure the dot gain/ color variation on pre-press and press. Also, there is two dedicated production manager for post press to overlook our QC department at the finishing end. So at the end of each step of the printing process, there is quality control. One another area of our emphasis is on research and development. For that we engaged a specific space in our premises for lab facilities where we test GSM, Ink viscosity, etc. and tailor packaging solution for our customers.
Health and Safety
All workers, whether they are permanent staff, part-timers or contractors, need to be aware of issues that affect their health and safety at EPL. That is why we have a clearly stated health and safety policy which is regularly executed. Our Health and safety policy is stated below.
- Provide and maintain a healthy working environment at all times
- Ensure adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities;
- This includes communication with clients and any use of sub-contractors
- Provide all required instruction, training, supervision and other relevant health and safety information to employees
- Ensure that all employees are competent in the work activities they are engaged in continue to consult with and update employees on all Health and Safety issues
- Provide, as a minimum, ‘generic’ risk assessments for all common tasks engaged in by employees where risk is involved and potential danger has been identified
- Encourage all employees to take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself, fellow employees and all persons accordingly and to report
- Any hazard which cannot be controlled personally to appropriate personnel.
At EPL we keep details of our suppliers, the origin of the substrates, ink, etc. We mostly use papers from Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, and the ink is solely from Japan. The varnishes that we use are also from Korea. Information about our supplier will be available for you upon your request.
Our client portfolio is one of our biggest strengths. It ranges from our own local companies to multinationals. Here is a small range of client names that we thought you might know.
- kids Headquarter
- Golden Penny Inc
- Pimkie Orsay
- Warid Telecom
- HSBC Bank
Marketing Strategic Priority
To have sustained growth, broaden and improve the range of products and services in all areas of Accessories activities with the aim to add increased value to customers and investors and offer the highest possible benefits to the customers.
EPL believes in investing in increasing their competitiveness and the best way to do it is by investing in knowledge. EPL believes the constancy & the quality can give a better opportunity in business. So, we are trying to improve and extend our business from Medicine sector to another sector like an international organization like UNDP, UNICEF, NESTLE with some other in Bangladesh. We believe the way forward is to set a standard in Bangladesh which will be accepted in the international market. The company plans to invest in few sectors within 2010. Below are the objectives for those investments
- To invest in CTP machinery which will increase the quality of pre-press production, reduce lead time and eventually will take, etc on printing
- To invest in premises which will bring the whole production facility under one roof?
- To invest in 6 colors up to date programmable machines for higher quality and speed.
Export Packaging Ltd is a faster-growing company in garments accessories sector.
They maintain their product quality and product price. Their main focus on the product quality and the working environment which attracts the buyers. That’s why
The growing rate is improving day by day. EPL gaining the goodwill from the buyers and the customer for the improvement of the growth rate.
WORK ORDER RATE
- Export Packaging Ltd is a fast growing Accessories Company in our country and it’s mainly
- Focus on its Quality and its Service. EPL always try to provide a better service to the customer or the buyer to achieve the customer’s faith and satisfaction. That’s why EPL
- Receive a huge number of working order from the buyer. So its performance and growth rate and work order rate is growing day by day.
I was assigned to work in the operation department of the EPL. Operation Department plays a very significant role to portray a good image on the customer’s mind as it is considered as the direct customer service center. The accessories operation begins with this department. The Clients and Customers build their impression here and the client decides whether they should go for further dealings or not; on the basis of the services delivered by the officials. It comprises of some basic activities on which other sectors continue their operation.
BASIC TASK OF OPERATION DEPARTMENT:
- Operation Department actually deals with the buyer through phone or Email or the Internet. They try to convince the new customer to get the work order by showing them.
- Product Quality and Product costing rate and also their nature of work or goodwill. And send the financial Proposal about the product to the customer.
- After getting the buyer’s interest to produce a sample on the basis of the buyer’s demand.
- Sent the product layout for sample
- Collecting order: when customer satisfied with the work or job of the EPL Then operation department collects the official work order from the customer or buyer
- Prepare document: after collecting the work order they prepare the legal document and Commercial paper.
- Ensure the product quality on the basis of the buyer
- Maintains the Production time of product
- Maintains the communicate with the supplier
- Maintain the Product Quality
- Supervise the overall activities
Execution Process for A Garment Accessories (Label)
1) Order inquiry from buyer to factory: Merchandiser sits with
Production Manager for ship date planning. Inquiry on price (some times the target price is also given) Enquiry on ship date i.e. whether it can be shipped in due date?
2) Approval of order from a buyer, as par the costing given by the merchandiser: Merchandiser makes Time and action Plan contain the details of the action be taken as per fixed date, in order to execute the shipment on the due date as committed to the buyer).
3) Buyers Bank has given Master L/C to the Factory:
Master L/C is the contract given to the bank, which covers the total value of the export order. Commercial dept. deals with the follow-up of L/C matter.
4) B/B, L/C is given to the suppliers of accessories:
The commercial department deals with the open up of B/B, L/C Merchandiser deals with the follow-up of the materials on time.
5) Fit sample sent to the buyer for the fit approval:
Merchandiser co-ordinates with the sampling section, for the fit sample, And get it approved from the buyer for fit and measurement.
6) Pre-production sample submitted to the buyer with original accessories: P.P sample to be made from the production line PP. sample approval from buyer means Merchandiser takes approval on style, original accessories.
) Fabric and trims to be in the house on due time as per time and action plan:
Inventory to be monitored by merchandiser so that there s no problem. In quality or shortage of quantity in fabric and accessories.
If that is anything wrong prompt action to be taken by the merchandiser.
8) Pilot production to be started as per time and action plan: Or Initial production means consists of 100 to 200 Pecs.
Production manager and the quality team should check very carefully about
The style and quality of the Label.
The measurement needs to follow as per buyers spec sheet.
9) Online inspection by buyers QC certifies the quality of the garment: Buyer QC gives suggestion where the quality defects are and how to improve on that.
10) Bulk production to be started as per the time and action plan:
Buyers Q.C monitor on the production and quality of garments. Production manager and supervisor need to be very careful to meet. The production deadline or production target, to meet the ship date on time
11) In the meantime, commercial section prepares the shipping documents: Contact with shipping line for the booking of vessels. (For sea shipment).
12) Final inspection as per time and action plan: Buyer’s QC. Do random inspection during final inspection Only if buyer’s QC certifies the quality is satisfactory then only we can Ship out the goods.
13) Goods are made ex-factory: Goods send to seaport (sea shipment). Goods sent to the airport (air shipment)
14) Goods handed over to the shipping line: NOTE: NOW IN ANY CASE WE FAIL TO SHIP THE GOODS ON TIME AS PER THE DATE GIVEN ON MASTER L/C, BUYER WILL CANCEL THE GOODS OR WILL ASK FOR AIR FREIGHT I.e. F THE ORDER WAS IN SEA SHIPMENT. (Airfreight may come nearly 4 to 5 times of a sea freight cost.)
JOB RESPONSIBILITY FOR A GARMENTS MERCHANDISER:
The ideal candidate plays nicely with others and has a proven track record of success leading a team of graphic artists, an understanding of screen-print and with merchandising. Specific responsibilities include managing daily operations including providing supervision to employees as well as managing vendors, departmental communications, stylistic direction and managing associated budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops and maintains a clearly defined strategy in support of the company’s mission, vision, and objectives.
Works closely with key individuals and teams to integrate strategic opportunities into the prioritized workflow.
Ensure cross-organizational support and extraordinary results for customers and partners.
Responsible for day-to-day operations including managing employees, vendors, communications, stylistic direction, and associated budgets. This position will also provide support to customer service, Sunrise marketing, and product development.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Manages and directs all pre-launch sampling and distribution of samples to sales &customers.
Work with sales teams and design staff to provide cost estimates.
Coordinates all aspects of the tradeshow.
Develops business internally by participating in the Merchandising Team.
Documentation for Export
Which the goods are being sent, these documents will include some or all of the following: consular invoice, commercial invoice, certificate of origin, bill of lading, packing list, health certificate, import license, and insurance certificate. In general, their purpose is to provide the foreign Customs authority with a complete, detailed description of the goods so that the correct import duty can be levied.
Sometimes they are required for the administration of exchange control regulations or import quotas and depending on the product, to safeguard public and animal health and prevent the spread of plant diseases. Statistical information about a country’s imports is also based on these documents. Failure to complete the forms properly may lead to a fine and/or unnecessary delay in clearing the goods through foreign Customs. If the information given is found false, heavier fines may be imposed and/or the goods confiscated.
The preparation of such documentation is one of the tasks of an export firm’s or of a shipping agent, known as a freight forwarder, whose services may be employed for a fee. In addition to the documents required by the foreign country, the exporter must also provide an export declaration.
This is a form, usually obtainable only from the Consulate of the importing country, on which the exporter or its agent must enter a detailed description of the goods being shipped. Certain countries require such a form.
On the consular invoice, there is space not only for the name of the goods but also for any marks carried, the number of the items, their weight, the value and origin of the goods and a declaration that the information gave is correct. There must be no erasures or “strike-over” in typing, pen-and-ink changes, or additions. In some
Countries, the goods must be described in terms of the customs tariff of the importing country and the tariff number of the items given. Most countries requiring consular invoice also insist that the document be “legalized” that is, have its accuracy sworn to by the exporter or its agent at the consulate of the importing country.
Commercial Invoice is the export firm’s invoice, addressed to the foreign importer describing the goods shipped and the total price that it must pay. However, some countries require the commercial invoice to be prepared on their own forms. Such forms are sometimes called customs invoices.
Countries that require a consular invoice also require a commercial invoice as additional proof of the details of the export shipment. Countries that do not require a consular invoice, use the commercial invoice as the document upon which the import duty is based.
The exporter may also sometimes be asked, when providing an export quotation for the foreign buyer, to supply a pro forma commercial invoice. This document shows the foreign buyer what the commercial invoice will look like if the foreign buyer places the order. The exchange authorities in a foreign country sometimes require it before an import license is issued.
Certificate of Origin
Certificate of Origin is a document, which indicates the country in which the goods were produced, is required whenever preferential duties are claimed. Sometimes, consular legalization of the document is necessary. Also, the certification of the document by a Chamber of commerce is required.
Audit section works under the Operation Department. Documents need to be checked during factory evaluation
• Written security policies.
• Records of all movement of raw materials/ components in & out to & from storage.
Movement record register of all packed/ finished cartons & partially filled cartons from the parking area to the separate packed goods storage.
• Movement record register of all packed goods/ cartons in and out from the packed goods storage
• Movement record/register for dangerous goods/chemicals from storage.
• Enclosures (doors, windows, gates, fences, etc ) checklist/checking record by security guards per shift.
• Empty truck checking records.
• Duty roster of security Guards of the last 3 months.
• Visitors log book/records.
• Logbook /records for incoming/outgoing goods with both weight & quantity details.
• Report / record of shortages & overages in incoming & outgoing goods/accessories.
• In the event of staff turnover, are there procedures & documents to control the return of keys or security access code changes?
• Previous job verification record of employees before hiring. Security training program & record.
In manufacturing, quality is the concept of making products fit for a purpose and with the fewest defects and this quality section works under operation department. Many different techniques and concepts have been tried to minimize defects in products.
“The establishment and maintenance of ALL activities and functions concerned with the attainment of requisite quality”
“The systems required for programming and co-coordinating the efforts of the various groups in an organization to maintain the requisite quality” As such Quality Control is seen as the agent of Quality Assurance or Total Quality Control Specifications.
Quality Control requires the establishment of adequate specifications with proper tolerances Objective and to maximize the production of goods within the specified tolerances correctly the first time.
By considering such information it can be decided what requires to be monitored. Monitoring the process is the essence of quality control
Total Quality of a garment depends on the following factors-
1) Quality of Fabrics
2) Quality of Accessories
3) Quality of Cutting
4) Quality of Machines
5) Quality of Sewing
6) Quality of Washing
7) Quality of Finishing
Eight dimensions of quality
8. Perceived quality
To ensure quality we need to do a number of things:
- Recognize who the customer is
2. Build processes that anticipate and prevent defects
3. Make a plan to achieve the desired quality level
4. Set up ways to measure our progress
5. Work as a team to achieve the goal
If a quality inspector approaches the supervisor with a defective unit he or she should:
1. Greet the inspector do not ignore him/her. Inspect the part according to the quality specifications
2. If it is defective let the inspector know you understand it is a defective part and you are going to address the part with the operator.
3. As soon as possible take the part to the operator and approach the situation appropriately:
The supervisor leaves the operator repairing the defects the supervisor should return after some time to make sure all work has been inspected and the defects repaired. Before the bundles continue to the next operation the supervisor should be sure that there are no defects in them. All bundles coming from that operator are going to be checked by the quality inspector until three consecutive bundles are free of defects. If there are defects in the bundles following a rejection, you could say the supervisor is not doing a good job of ensuring quality in that operation.
Marketing Department is also an important Department for any Organization.
Actually, the Marketing Department convince the customer by providing attractive product quality, product price, products style, and standard and also by providing other facilities. Marketing Department Collect the customer data, their desire, their demand and also their comments and make a client database.
After complete, the database Marketing Department try to keep touch with the customer and also provide the facility and also collect the order.
OVERVIEW OF MARKETING
Marketing manager always communicates with the buyer and local buyer. and provide the offer letter for work and fixed meeting with the local buyer and direct buyer. Marketing manager always flows the many other marketing strategies for taking orders. Marketing manager sent many other garments accessories sample to the buyer. If the buyer chose the sample then the buyer wants to price rate. Marketing manager submitted the price rate and then the buyer negotiates the price and arranges the meeting to marketing manager. When the price rate is final then the buyer placement sample layout. then marketing manager sent a layout operation section.
BASIC TASK OF THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT
- Collect the customer info
- Make the client database
- Collect the client’s response
- Send the financial proposal
- Corporate visit
- collect the primary work order
- always communicate with the client
MARKETING TOOLS OF EXPORT PACKAGING LTD
- personal selling ( corporate, door to door setting )
- Follow the yellow page
- Provide add in the internet
- Directly communicate to the customer via the phone, email
The proposed company will directly sell the products to the buying house and industrial units and therefore no elaborate selling and marketing arrangements are necessary. However, provision for 2 marketing executive and 1 commercial executive have been made who will visit prospective clients on a regular basis for the procurement of order. The Managing director is well conversant with the label business and acquainted with several major buyers, will exert full attention to the marketing. The labels are expected to be sold at an average priced similar to other manufacturers and lower than the landed cost of imported labels. Therefore, there will be no cost disadvantage for the company.
I had practical exposure in Export Packaging Ltd. Lalmatia, for just three months, with my little experience in the Garments accessories in comparison with the vast and complex garments sector, it is very difficult for me to recommend. I have observed some shortcomings regarding operational and other aspects of their activities. On the basis of my close observation, I would like to propose the following recommendations-
- Improve office atmosphere to give buyers, customer friendly feeling.
- Provide intimate attention to your customers’ needs.
- Customers’ convenience will be of Top priority.
- Fast Service Policy should be introduced. So that everybody gets faster service.
- The organization should try to arrange more training programs for its officials. Quality training will help the official to enrich them with more recent knowledge of accessories and improve their skill.
- Overburden of work and ill-defined assignment unable the employee to discharge their duties in a cool manner. It also creates a hazardous situation in the work process. So all the employees should be assigned with proper and specific assignment.
- Time consumed in servicing customers is minimized.
- Develop communication skills.
- Help new entrepreneurs to formulate business plans.
Some other recommendation
In Accessories checking:
An organization must 100% concentration on this following matter before the production and shipment or delivery_
2. Materials conformance
3. Conformity of style
4. Color shade
12. Record of defects non-conformances:
13. Measurement checking
14. Defective sample draw for reference
15. Carton fills up
16. Sticker and signature
I would like to recommend the following areas that are should help to achieve the goals of EPL. Generally, I will give concentration on marketing and merchandising activities of EPL
- Identify the market segmentation efficiently, then setting their target market and forecast which market offering more opportunities
- EPLs marketing department must try to understand the buyer need, want and demand
- Need to develop long term relationship with parties, buyers, buying house and suppliers
- To achieve the goals, EPLs marketing team need to establish an effective marketing mix (product, price, place, promotion)
- EPL has some limitation but if they follow the proper marketing concept then they can achieve the ultimate goals.
- Need a strong relationship with a repeat buyer. Because one estimate is that attracting a new customer can cost 5 times as much as pleasing an existing one. also, it might cost 16 times as much to bring the new buyer to the same level of profitability as the lost buyer.
- Customer retention is more important than customer attraction if EPL follow this concept then they will gain more
EPL should share its mission with the manager and all the staff. A clear mission statement guides the employee to work independently and to achieve the organizational objectives.
Summary of the Study:
EPL is an emerging Company. At the initial stage of business, every institution has to go through the difficult path of survival. To achieve the confidence of the buyers, the Company must execute some improvements in its marketing and operational areas EPL should try to win Buyers faith by providing them efficient and dependable services, credit facility and updating with user-friendly modern technologies. The organization should redesign all sorts of transaction procedures to be more user-friendly, attractive and impressive.
EPL started with a vision to be the most efficient accessories intermediary in the country and it believes that the day is not far off when it will reach its desired goal. It looks forward to a new horizon with a distinctive mission to become a highly competitive modern and transparent institution comparable to any of its kind at home and abroad.
Finally, it can be said that Buyer’s Perception should be more for emerging markets, up warding growth of national income and an overall improvement in the standard of living.