Biswas Group is one of the best Companies in Bangladesh. Through its strong brand image company make, it has been able to provide innovative services to the people of a developing country such as Bangladesh. They offer a huge range of Emplacement and services to its People, which have contributed to the overall reputation and success of the Company. I have chosen the Training & Development Activities of Biswas Group Ltd” as the topic of my internship report. Biswas Group started its journey in the realm of garments sector in 1984 with its first Bird’s Group Ltd with two lines of production woven items. Today the Group owns 6 units with total production capacity of 15000 pcs day for woven items and 30000 pcs T-shirt per day 8000Kg 0f knitted fabric par day. Total, turnover of the Group is over US$ 20 million per annum. At present, the company has one Head office in Dhaka & six-branch office in Bangladesh. Extensive knowledge of the market and essential expertise in a wide range of financial services are company’s strength. Continuous upgrading of technology and control systems has enabled the company of offer new construction services.
In order to provide best services the company is very much concerned about the employees, because good employees can ensure good services. In addition, for that every company needs to establish good HR practice.
High record in which we are held today bears testimony to the measure of success, we have been able to achieve. Bangladeshi manpower’s has gain subsequent reputation for their excellent services as they are:
- Abundant and ready availability.
- Well-qualified and experienced technical personnel.
- Sincerity, reliability and dependability.
- Very economical and cost effective.
Number Production Unite & Employee
|Sl. No.||Production Unite||Employee|
|1||Biswas Garments Ltd.||400|
|2||Biswas Synthetics Ltd.||350|
|3||Biswas Garments Ltd. (Unit-2)||450|
|4||Biswas Fadrex Ltd.||400|
|5||Biswas RNR Ltd.||350|
|6||A & Z Kint composite Ltd.||800|
Source: Annual report on Biswas Group (2009 – 10)
Scope of the Study
The report contains a broad description and analysis of the overall Training and Development process in Biswas Group. As Training and Development, process is an indispensable part of firm and in fact for any organizations allover the world. Training and Development process is used in a Company to increase the performance and efficiency of the individuals and the Company as a whole. Readers will find useful information about the overall Training and Development process of Biswas Group.
Background of the Study
In order to complete my B.B.A program, I have to complete an internship as part of my BBA program under a national/multinational organization. I need to submit a report on my internship to get a certificate from the University. I was very lucky to get the chance to complete my internship in the best RMG sector in Bangladesh Most of the people work in sector Biswas Group. The duration of my internship program was three months. I had to work from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, (3/4 days per week) which gave me a very good idea about the environment of the Company. I tried my best to work with sincerity with the ‘Management Trainee’ and ‘Manager of the Portfolio’ to get a good understanding of the overall Garments Sector. From my internship, I have learnt many things about the people, services and background of Biswas Group. I feel very proud to submit my internship report on “Training & Development Activities of Biswas Group Ltd”.
Name of the Company : Biswas Group
Business : Sewing of woven Items
Year of Establishment : 1984
Type of Establishment : Proprietorship
Number of Employees : 350
Fax : +880-2-8012584
Telephones : +880-2-8011584, 8015864
E-mail : saadat@Biswas_Group.com
Bankers : Prime Bank, Export Import Bank of Bangladesh, Al-Arafa Islami Bank Ltd.
Membership : The Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Website : www.Biswas-Group.com
Some of Our Customer (Woven)
U S A
a) Disney Enterprise Inc.
b) Tropical sports wear, U.S.A
c) Amc, U.S.A
d) Wal-mart, U.S.A
e) Alboin kaibi
f) Jones Group, Pemyeuis / Tsi
a) Kaibi – France
b) Primak – UK
c) Amdure Hk Buying office – France
d) Chebignon – France
e) Bex – Sweden
f) Lindex – Sweden
g) Albion Plc –UK
Some of Our Customer (Kint)
Bilka – Denmark
Signal – Denmark
Carrefour – France
Waysner – UK
New Look –UK
Deiber – Germany
Objective the Study
Is to identify how the Biswas Group is implementing their Training & development process in to establish best policy to do business & broad description and analysis of the overall Training and Development process in Biswas Group. As Training and Development process is an essential part of organizations allover the world. Training and Development process is used in a Company to increase the performance and efficiency of the individuals and the company as a whole.
- Specific Objective
- To know about the overall activities of Biswas Group.
- To understand the training and development process of Biswas Group.
- Identify the current training and development plan for Biswas Group.
- To find out the variety of the training and development used on the people with different level.
- To get an overall idea about the performance of Biswas Group.
- To gather knowledge about the current scenario of Biswas Group Training process.
- To suggest necessary measures for the development of the company.
- How they are checking the feedback of training (whether training effective or not)
Major part of data was collected through the secondary resource. It was not easy to collect primary data because the bank personnel’s were very busy and I had wait for long time to get a data from them. The secondary and primary resources are:
a) The primary sources of data and information:
- Customers of the company
- Staffs of the company.
- Observation during the total internship period.
- Operational process.
- Discussion with officials of Biswas Group
b) The secondary sources of data are as follows:
Annual report of the Biswas Group
Web site of Biswas Group
HRM books and Periodicals.
Internet, Newspapers and magazines.
Limitation of the Study:
F Some parts of the data used in the report are given on an approximate basis due to Company’s tendency towards confidentiality. It also served as a major limitation.
Lack of required information, which is the main obstacle I have faced to prepare this report.
Difficult to collect the necessary information (sometimes difficult to realize the actual required information)
Time is always a constraint to prepare this report.
Lacking of practical skills
Having a lacking in required knowledge about different situational requirement.
Another reason of insufficient information in this study is lack of information, as the employees were busy.
Since I carried out such a study for the first time so experience is one of the main factors that constitute the limitation of the study.
History of Biswas Group:
Biswas Group started its journey in the realm of garment sector in 1984. Today the Group owns 6 units with total production capacity of 15,000 pcs per day for woven items, 30,000 pcs T-shirt per day and 8000 kg of knitted fabrics per day. Turnover of the Group is over US $20 Million per annum. The Group has concerns in Garments, Textile, Agriculture, Education, IT, Construction etc.
The company gradually more invested in people, technology and premises as its business grew in relation to the country’s thriving economy. At present, the company has Six Corporate Office in Dhaka. Extensive knowledge of the market and essential expertise in a wide range of Garments services underline the company’s strength to build business opportunities for corporate and institutional clients at home and abroad. Continuous upgrading of human resource and control systems has enabled the company to best competitiveness. Biswas Appeals is very much concerned about the employees, because good employees can ensure good services. In addition, for that every company needs to establish good HR practice
Present Situation of Biswas Group:
At present Biswas Group has covered:-
A network of over 6 offices in Bangladesh.
Biswas Group also maintains correspondent’s relationship with over 160 Company in 19 countries around the world.
It has 6 branches and 1 Head Office in Bangladesh
a) Employer’s Responsibilities
- Arrange timely receiving of the workers at the airport.
- Inform Biswas Group upon receiving the workers at the destination.
- Advance payment of an amount to each worker on arrival in the country of work, which will be deducted from the monthly salary.
- Arrange furnished housing accommodation suitable to workers according to the country labor law.
- Ensure full security of the workers in the accommodation and working places, especially in the cases of female workers.
- Employer must ensure the payment of salary at the end of each month.
- Inform Biswas Group about the renewal of the contract between the employer and the workers after expiry of the initial contract.
- Employer must provide medical treatment for all the workers during the period of employment.
- Follow terms of agreement signed between the employers and the workers.
b) Biswas Group Responsibilities:
- Obtain recruitment permission from the government agencies.
- Advertise for the vacancies in the reputed daily newspaper, if necessary.
- Collection of application.
- Primary selection by our experts.
- Conduct final interview by employer’s representatives.
- Obtain passport for the selected candidates.
- Medical examination of the candidates.
- Obtain police clearance.
- Obtain emigration clearance from the government agency.
- Ravel arrangement including confirmation of seats with the airlines.
- Constant contact with the employer informing about the development of the total arrangement.
- Inform employer over fax/ telephone.
THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF BISWAS GROUP:
The Organizational Structure of Biswas Group
The company is divided into several divisions and business units, which are also further sub-divided. The divisions are mainly based on some service lines designed for and provided to targeted customers, other divisions and units are there to support the business activities of the major service based divisions. The organ gram of Biswas Group in Bangladesh is given below followed by a detailed discussion on the list of the divisions.
The organization structure of Biswas Group
The structure of Biswas Group involves quite a lot of hierarchy. Starting from the bottom of the hierarchy, this is how information is communicated through the hierarchical ladder Safety manager, Planning Manager, Administration Manager have to report to the senior Project Manager.
These managers in turn have to report to their Superior. Each of them reports to their respective immediate heads. The unit heads have to report to the heads of each department which include the following departments:
- Corporate and International Project
- Corporate and External Affairs
- Information Technology
- Legal and Compliance
- Human Resource
The head of each of these departments finally report to the Senior Project Manager. Bird’s Group believe that efficient human resource is the key to success. A timely qualitative contribution of the human resource can increase the competitive performance of the organization. Therefore, Biswas Group put emphasis on the improvement of the human resources through training and development. Selecting the pool of potential employee and provide them necessary training is one of the main concerns of the Human Resource Department of the organization. Biswas Group always tries to recruit the high caliber youth who are energetic and risk taker along with outgoing and friendly attitude. Biswas Group selects those candidates who have the good educational background. The contribution of the quality training and high potential targeted human resource should be turn to be the source of power of the organization.
The overall policy of the Human Resource Department of Biswas Group:
Build up effective and efficient human resource through training.
Selecting the appropriate candidate who fit the culture.
Retain the talented employee within the organization.
Create such an atmosphere so that employee can contribute fully.
Motivate the employees so that they can give their best effort, another method of retaining the talented and efficient employees.
Train the employees and develop the employees for the future job.
Build smooth career for the brilliant employee to retain them.
Maintain the efficient human resource inventory.
Provide sufficient feedback of the employee for their effort.
Provide attractive Incentive package both monetary and non-monetary for brilliant effort as well as to layoff those who do not fit the culture and norm, also those who are unable to perform according to the requirement.
Demand for workers
Categorize the trades
Obtain government approval
Advertise in the local news paper and other media
Advertise through our own cannel
Collect the applications
Verify the applications
Short list the applications
Call for an interview
Explain them the salary
Select the candidates
Select the candidates by grading them A +, A, B +, B, C, D
The candidates that been graded for B,C,D has to go for a training ranging from 3 to 5 weeks
Company gave intense training on the health & safety rules
Last two weeks of training company 6 send them to their real life projects where they gain in hand experiences
From that live project demonstration company take a test and categorize them again but grading them A+, A, B+, B, C
Process medical checkup only for category A+, A, B
5 days compulsory training
Take a test on this 5 days session
Manpower clearance and arrange the flights
Brief idea regarding the whole process
THE TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
DEFINITION OF THE TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
Meaning and Definition of the Training & Development:
Training and development is any attempt is to improve current or future employee performance by increasing an employee’s ability to perform through, usually by changing the employee’s attitude or increasing his or her skills and knowledge.
- Training refers to improvement in required skills and knowledge of the employees in short run. Example: Training given to improve skills in order to improve skills for making outbound calls
- Development refers to improvement in required skills and knowledge of the employees in long run. Example: Training given to develop an employee and make him an International Graduate (I.G. which is a Band-7 post) from Management Trainee (M.T which is a Band-8 post)
Education is the process of increasing the level of knowledge and understanding. Therefore, training is the “know-how” and education in the “know-why”. Essentially, organizations are concerned with increasing the know how of the employees. Thus, employee training is what companies are mostly concerned with.
Training as a Process in Biswas Group:
Training has most emphasis to achieve the organizational objectives.
a) Pre-training: This is before training stage, where reason for training and types of training are determined.
b) Training: As stated earlier, is the process to increase the attitudes skills, and abilities of the employees to perform specific jobs.
c) Post training: This stage contains the evaluation of the training. It shows whether the training is effective or not.
4.3 Training as a System in Biswas Group:
A training system for International projects may be defined as a rational arrangement of inputs, technology, people, materials, events and process designed to extract behavioral outputs, which produce further social or economical output, increasing organizational effectiveness. Training system receives a person as raw mat, a person having actual or potential deficiency in the job performance and process to modify behavior to match that has been specified in the training objectives. This is done under defined rating conditions and constrains. Feedback is from the trained person to refine the system.
The process consists of several factors such as trainer, subject matter, training techniques and aids, physical features, time and money including operating conditions and constrains.
The Reasons for Employee Training and Development for Biswas Group:
Training and development can be initiated for a variety of reasons for an employee as well as the Group of employees:
- When a performance appraisal indicates performance is not up to the mark then there is a need for training.
- Helps people to identify with the goals
- Improve relationship between boss and subordinate.
- Helps to prepare guidelines for different types of work.
- Provides information for future needs in all areas of the organization
- Helps individuals in making better decisions effectively increasing the problem solving abilities.
- To eliminates fear in attempting new works.
Typical Topic of Employee Training and Development of Biswas Group:
Now a days as communication plays a vital role in the business world, the organizations have to pay an importance on communication while provide training to their employees.
b) Computer Skill:
In the modern business world organizations cannot think of without computer, therefore employees have to provide with computer skills in training.
c) Customer Service:
To successfully satisfy the customer needs on any organizations, employees have to be well trained in customer service operation.
Work force diversity training makes an employee confident about his/her career development
e) Human Relations
Training creates the environment to construct the relation with others and out side of the organization to achieve the individual and organizational goals.
Safety training increases the employee’s awareness to deal with the different situation.
Human Resource Management System in Biswas Group
Educate them to speak in minimum English & Bangla at working site.
Teach them international speaking manner as well as how to show respect the colleague in working place to keep good relation with each other while doing team works
Educate how to keep site environment clean for maintaining healthy environment while working at site.
Trained the workers in the accommodation create a good healthy & safe environment so that nobody will become seriously sick
Occupational Health Program:
- Sanitary Facilities
- Drinking Facilities
- Washing Facilities
- Heat stress
TRAINING & ITS INSTRUCTION DESIGN
TRAINING & ITS INSTRUCTION DESIGN FOR Biswas Group:
Training in Biswas Group:
The training for Biswas Group in fact to all departments for Int. Projects is given by its human resource department. There is no specific topic that training is given on a routine basis. It varies from time to time and according to the need of the bank. Here are some training courses that are given to employees.
Projects and other department:
- English communication.
- Computer skills.
- Written for professionals, Stress management.
- Time management.
- Decision making process.
- Problem solving process.
- Job related technical training.
- Leadership, Personal management.
- Company rules and procedures.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Team work, Common goal
- Office management, Service quality
Major investment decision criteria
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFTY PLAN
Level and Form of Training of Biswas Group:
The human resource department of Biswas Group provides its training to its potential top-level personnel (Directors and Managing Directors) and each of the mid-Level executives based on their needs and organizational demand.
There are two forms of training that is provided by the human resource department of Biswas Group to its personnel based on the necessities:
- Internal Training.
- External Training.
a) Internal Training:
In case of internal training, training is given within the Company. There is a hall room in the corporate office in which internal training is provided to the employees using its own facilities and logistic support. Sometimes guest lecturer is hired from out side institutes to provide training if required.
b) External Training:
Based on the necessity and demand, sometimes Training is provided to the employees from various training centers out side of the organization. Biswas Group used to send their people to take training from different institute and many others reputed training centers in the country.
PRE – TRAINING
Pre- Training Definition:
From the name, it is easy to determine that all the activities that are carried out before the training process is known as pre-training.
Steps of Pre- Training of Biswas Group:
The pre-training stage can therefore be broken down into the following number of steps to be carried out successfully:
Conducting Needs Assessment:
First stage of training instruction design process of any kinds of organization is to conduct the needs assessment and Biswas Group is no exception. The needs assessment helps to determine whether training is necessary or not.
a) Parson Analysis:
Person analysis helps the HR manager of Biswas Group to identify whether training is appropriate and which employees need training. In certain situations, such as the introduction of a new technology or service, all employees may need training.
b) Task Analysis:
Task analysis results in a description of work activities, including tasks performed by the employee and the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully complete the task. Task analysis for Biswas Group Garments involves the following activities:
Selecting the jobs that needs to be analyzed and developing a preliminary list of tasks performed on the job by interviewing and observing expert employees and their managers and talking with those who have performed a task analysis.
Verifying the importance of the tasks for the job through task inventories or expert committees composed of managers, employees, and other persons.
Identifying the knowledge, skills or abilities necessary to successfully perform each task using interviews and questionnaires
Ensuring Employee’s Readiness for Training:
After the need for training has determined, it is necessary to evaluate whether employees are ready to learn or not. Biswas Group in Int. Operation uses the following processes to ensure the employee’s readiness for training:
a) Motivation to Learn:
Motivation to learn is the desire of the trainee to learn the content of the training program which is related to knowledge gain, behavior change or skills acquisition in training programs. Managers need to ensure that employee’s motivation to learn is as high as possible through:
b) Self-efficiency and understanding the benefits of learning:
Self-efficiency is the employee’s belief that they can successfully learn the content of training program. Managers can increase employee’s self-efficiency level by:
1. Providing as much information as possible about the training program and purpose of training prior to the actual training.
2. Showing employees the training success of their peers who are now in similar jobs.
3. Providing employees with feedback that learning is under their control and they have the ability and the responsibility to overcome any learning difficulties they experience in the program.
c) Understanding the benefits of training:
The benefits of training to the employees by communicating to them the potential job-related, personal and career benefits they may receive because of attending the training program.
d) Basic Skills:
Employee’s readiness for training activities can also be influenced by the degree to which they have basic skills-the reading, writing and communication skills needed to understand the content of training program and therefore, HR Manager of Biswas Group Conduct a literacy audit to determine employee’s basic-skill level.
As stated earlier, training is any process by which the attitude, skills and abilities of employees to perform specific jobs has increased the driving force of Biswas Group and it has always been because of their employees.
In order to sustain economic and effective performance it is important to optimize the contribution of employees to the aims and goals of the necessary to ensure an adequate supply of staffs that are technically and socially competent and capable of career advancement into specialist department of management position. This is therefore, a continual need for the processes of staff training in order to fulfill part of this process for Biswas Group Projects.
Steps of Training for Biswas Group:
Biswas Group follows the following strategies to provide training to its employees:
Creating Learning Environment:
As learning involves a permanent change in behavior, therefore Biswas Group provides an emphasis on creating learning environment within the bank for the personals. For employees to acquire knowledge and skills in the training program and apply this information in their jobs the training program needs to include specific learning principals and therefore it is necessary to have a learning environment within the organization.
According to HR Manager of Biswas Group, they create the learning environment within the bank through following ways:
- Informing objectives of learning to the employees.
- Providing learning guidance to the employees through verbal cues with proper combining sequence and larger meaningful context.
- Providing feedback on degree of accuracy and timing of performance to the employees during their on job time.
- Selecting and supplying the necessary and modernize training material to the employees. Usually for Biswas Group uses the following training materials as shown below:
a) Well-qualified instructor.
c) Overhead projectors.
d) Slide projectors.
e) White board.
g) Graphs and charts, etc.
Biswas Group assures the availability of its training materials to its trainees. In addition, it ensures a friendly and encouraging classroom to its trainees.
Unlike most other training centers, the classrooms of Biswas Group are well maintained and clean. The positive points of the classroom are as below:
b) Carpeted Floor.
d) Bathroom Facilities.
e) Water Dispenser (mineral water -hot or cold).
f) Single desk-chairs.
g) Big open spaces to give breathing space.
h) Enough space for trainer to teach and move about.
Free flow of necessary information:
Biswas Group also create learning environment informally such as arranging picnic, tour, debate competition, cultural program etc.
Selecting Training Methods:
A number of different methods can be used to help employees acquire new Knowledge, skills, & behaviors. Survey results suggest that videotapes, lectures, one-on-one instruction, and simulations are the most frequently used training methods.
Biswas Group HR authority believes that training is major thing to achieve organizational goals precisely. Therefore, they strictly follow modern and sophisticated training process that is attributable on their existing employees. Throughout Biswas Group, in order to provide training to its top-level and mid-Level executives uses the following training methods:
Biswas Group overall training methods are divided into two broad categories.
a) On The Job Training
b) Off The Job Training
A. On the job training:
On the job methods refer to the methods that are applied in the work place, when the employees are actually working. Virtually every employee of Biswas Group gets on the job training when he or she joins Biswas Group. Biswas Group uses this training process for newly hired employees, upgrading the skills of experienced employees when new technology is introduced, cross-training employees within a department or work unit and orienting transferred or promote employees to their new jobs.
At lower level, trainees may acquire skills for, say, by observing other experienced employees. Nevertheless, this technique is also widely used at top management level in Biswas Group.
B. Off-the-job training:
Off -the-job, training of Biswas Group covers the following method:
- Presentation Techniques:
Biswas Group uses presentation techniques for presenting new facts, information, different philosophies, and alternative problem solving solutions through traditional classroom instruction, distance learning, and audiovisual techniques.
a. Classroom instruction
Despite new modern techniques, classroom instruction remains a popular training method to different organizations and Biswas Group no exception.
b. Audiovisual technique:
To improve communication skills, interview skills, and performing nicely for their desired job/work Biswas Group for uses this technique where overheads, slides, and video are used.
Training & Testing center:
Company has two training and testing center in Bangladesh
International visitors are visiting the training center in Bangladesh.
Workers are getting training in a training center.
Training is continuously going on training center in Bangladesh.
Post- Training Definition:
In simple sense, post-training refers to the evaluation done after the training program is completed. It measures the benefits and cost of the training program in qualitative as well as quantitative forms, Biswas Group uses both forms of this information to evaluate its training program. Examining the outcomes of program helps to evaluate the training effectiveness.
For Biswas Group, the training program is evaluated in the following ways:
- To determine whether the program is meeting the objectives or not.
- To determine whether trainees believe that the content and administration of the program were satisfactory.
- To determine the financial benefits and costs of the training program.
- To compare the costs and benefits to different training programs to choose the best program
- To market training programs and services to different clients.
Steps of Post- Training of Biswas Group:
During post-training Biswas Group follows the following strategies to evaluate its training programs:
Identification of Training Outcomes:
In order to evaluate the overall training programs and also other departments of Biswas Group, the first step uses by the HR Manager is to identify the training outcomes that can be categorized into four categories:
To collect the above training outcomes Biswas Group for follows the following methods are performed:
* Focus Group, and
* Personnel records
Biswas Group like the other organizations put emphasis on the cost-benefit analysis, which is the process of determining the economic benefits of a training program using accounting methods Training related cost-benefit information is important Biswas Group for following reasons:
- To understand total expenditure for training, including direct and indirect cost
- To compare the cost and benefit of alternative training program. To ensures the well use of the training budget.
- To control cost.
Biswas’ Group and other departments are concerned with attempts to improve the overall performance and effectiveness of their Garments sector. Development refers to those learning opportunities design to help employees grow. Efforts towards development often depend on personal drive and ambition.
Employee Development Methods in Biswas Group:
Some development of individual’s ability can take place on the job Biswas Group follows several methods of development. These are discussed below:
A. Job rotation:
Job rotation is one of the most popular on the job technique to develop Production personnel. Job rotation can be either horizontal or vertical. Biswas Group for generally follows horizontal job rotation method at the early stage of service life. Biswas Group cannot follow job rotation technique to those people who are specialized in any particular job.
B. Assistant to positions:
Assist to positions is another good technique to develop employees of Biswas Group. Employees with demonstrated potential are given the opportunity to work under an experienced or successful employee. In this process an individual, perform many duties under the watchful eye of experienced person. In doing so, these employees are groomed for assuring the duties of the next higher level.
Seminar is a traditional form to develop employees it is widely practiced by Biswas Group. This offers an opportunity for individuals to acquire knowledge and develop their conceptual and analytical abilities.
D. Lecture courses:
Lecture is verbal presentation of information by an instructor to a large audience. The lecture is presumed to possess a considerable depth of the subject at hand. A virtual of this method is that it can be used for very large Group, and hence the cost per trainee is low. Biswas Group uses this method to develop and instructor or experience persons provide related information and activities of all departments.
In case of mentoring, a senior employee takes an active role in guiding another individual, Mentoring is a helpful device to develop employees and it is widely followed to develop new employees to Biswas Group.
The major findings of the Report are stated below:
a. Similar Training Methods for Biswas Group and all other Departments: Though this report basically focused on the Training and Development Process of Biswas Group, but it is also found out that similar Training and Development process is followed all over the Company means all the other departments of Biswas Group.
b. Working environment: Biswas Group provide safe and friendly working environment to their employee for Biswas Group and all other departments, so that their employee would be able to give their best performance. Training is provided for safety such as “Fire Warden Training” to ensure the safety from fire.
c. Adoption of culture- Biswas Group have strong and effective training department for other departments which work for adopting new technology, operation process, marketing strategy.
d. Leadership- Biswas Group leadership is very well structured because of expert, talented and some charismatic people that have also been developed by means of Training.
e. Skilled employee- Biswas Group Employees are very experienced & enough smarter than the other construction company’s officer, which makes them special. The way they make decisions, takes risk, develop innovative ideas, effectively operate and successfully achieve the goals within deadline makes them special and proves them better than the others. Training is one of the major tools to build skilled employees.
f. Added Value- One of their strategies of Biswas Group is that they try to add value such as the International deals, foreign remittance, and so on to be a part of Biswas Group is the key to their success. Whenever a new concept is developed, Training is given to make the employees efficient enough to operate on that new concept or the new job.
Creative and Innovative:
Biswas Group Creativity belongs to those of us who are excited by challenges, engage them in fresh thinking, and feels open minded in making decision. Employees are very experienced Creative thinkers are and not by convention but allow their minds to ascend beyond predictable solutions. Training is also given on that to generate new ideas and employees who work as the International Graduate (I.G.) often taken to abroad for training to gain more knowledge about the other countries, generate more knowledge that is global and try to implement that knowledge by developing more creative and innovative construction ideas.
Biswas Group have strong and effective training department, which work for adopting new technology, operation process. As a member of global village, they view the world from the widest perspective. Biswas Group is like to be with all global citizens and they believe the world as a place full of new opportunities and exciting possibilities. Biswas Group also delivers excellent Garments services. Training is one of the most effective methods they use for Globalization.
Major findings, which proves why Biswas Group is classified among the best courtesy of Training:
- Efficient in increasing employee motivation. & boost employee moral.
- Increase job satisfaction.
- Reduce employee turnover.
- Increase innovation & opportunities.
- Increase departmental as well as organizational productivity.
- Reduce financial distress.
- Enhance organizational image.
- The amount of salary needs to be increased as the other Garments Firms also pay good amount of salary, Biswas Group should give more salary in order to retain talented employee and reduce turnover. This issue is applicable especially in the entry level and to the contractual people. Training regarding the salary structure in entry level might be an effective method to resolve this issue
- Biswas Group needs to make an agreement to the employees who receive training like employees cannot leave the organization within 4 months or 8 months of training. The reason is that it is found out in many cases that an employee immediately leave the organization after receiving the training which means both loss of money and time for the organization. Moreover, the employee will share his/her training learning to the new organization in order to benefit them can create a negative impact to the Biswas Group.
- Training, most of the time should be done with the expert people. However, often the bank uses their new employee to take the training class.
- Company need to maintain proper succession plan because after training & development this employee will help them to grow, develop and share their ideas, help the company to achieve the future goals. Nevertheless, employees can leave the company any time for better opportunity. That is why company needs to maintain proper succession planning so that they can always keep the potential and talented people in their company.
- Needs the transparent recruitment & selection for training because after the training this employee will carry or increase the company’s Reputation by performing more efficiently and by giving better outputs.
- Sometimes the number of policies is a bit too much for the customer to tolerate which creates a frustration among the customers (like lots of high requirement for simple root level job). Therefore, those issues must be find out and reviewed again to reduce the number of policies. After reducing the policies, training should be given to make the employee expert in dealing with the less number of policies in order to gain more employee satisfaction.
- In Biswas Group, there is three are contractual recruitment like the third party contract. Second party contract and first party contract before becoming permanent. So those who enter in a third party contract needs to wait for a long time before finally becoming permanent and often the individual don’t wait that long. In addition, no training is given to the contractual people to enhance their skills and develop themselves. So in order to reduce turnover, Biswas Group must rethink about this issue, can also include some training to the contractual (such as Class Room Lecture Training) in order to reduce the turnover.
- Sometimes Clash takes places between workers & employers as a misunderstanding. Therefore, it should be resolved very carefully, as it may hamper company’s Goodwill.
Training and development process plays a vital role for organization’s overall success of Biswas Group. They have expertise in the corporate and international division including cash management, administration, trade finance and operations. With over 27 years of experience in Garments sector and an extensive international branch network, Biswas Group is committed to help the people to succeed in every competitive environment.
Employees are the most valuable assets for Biswas Group. They must therefore retrain and reeducate them for the survival and growth for Biswas Group. The increase productivity and total quality depends upon the drive, core competence, skill and technical knowledge of employees. Therefore, Biswas Group to implement such HR practice for hiring and training employees and also work for the compensation package for those employees who are the best and able to perform the job in the most effective manner and meet the demand for the organization.
To keep pace with their changing needs, they will constantly review their comprehensive cash, trade and treasury products and services, ensuring that a full range of flexible and innovative services is always available for the customers wherever they trade As mentioned earlier, Training and development process plays a vital role for organization’s overall success for overall department of Biswas Group. It assists Biswas Group to obtain and retain the effective and efficient employees. The process is also conductive to the achievement of the objective of the HRM department, assist the effective performance of other functional department of the organization and at last contribute to the overall organizational broad objective.
Mello, Jeffrey A., Strategic Human Resource Management, 2002 Thomson,
David A. De Cenzo and Stephen P. Robbins; ‘Human Resource Management’, 5th ed., John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1996, pp-156- 233
[REF-3]Raymond A. (1999). Employee Training and Development (3rd Ed): Introduction to Training and Development (pp5-7)
- Annual Report (2009-2010)s, Biswas Group, HRM dept., Biswas Group.
- Annual Reports of Biswas Group.
1. Brochure of Biswas Group / Biswas Group.