Advertising is a one-way communication whose purpose is to inform potential customers about products and services and how to obtain them. Promotion involves disseminating information about a product, product line, brand, or company. It is one of the four key aspects of the marketing mix. Advertising may be one form of promotion.
On the other hand Promotion is one of the key elements of the marketing mix, and deals with any one or two-way communication that takes place with the consumer. This article concentrates is a high level introduction to developing a promotional strategy for your business focusing on advertising and other ‘pull’ tactics.
Relationships between Advertising and Promotion
Advertising and Promotion is the most import in the communications industry.Adverting is only one element of the promotion mix, but it often considered prominent in the overall marketing mix design.Its high visibility and pervasiveness made it as an important social and encomia topic in Indian society. Promotion may be defined as “the co-ordination of all seller initiated efforts to set up channels of information and persuasion to facilitate the scale of a good or service. Promotion is most often intended to be a supporting component in a marketing mix. Promotion decision must be integrated and co-ordinate with the rest of the marketing mix, particularly product/brand decisions, so that it may effectively support an entire marketing mix strategy. The promotion mix consists of four basic elements. They are:-
2. Personal Selling
3. Sales Promotion, and
1. Advertising is the dissemination of information by non-personal means through paid media where the source is the sponsoring organization.
2. Personal selling is the dissemination of information by non-personal methods, like face-face,contacts between audience and employee of to the Sponsoring organization.The source of information is the sponsoring organization.
3.Sales promotion is the dissemination of information through a varietal of activities other than personal selling, advertising and publicity which stimulate consumer purchasing and dealer effectiveness.
4. Publicity is the disseminating of information by personal or non-personal means and is not directly paid by the organization and the organization is not the source.
- Business Process Discovery
- How Can Increase Brand Awareness
- Presentation on Research paper of Sunsilk
- Report On Corporate Social Responsibility Accounting Practices of CBs In Bangladesh An illuminating study with Mercantile Bank Limited
- Economics of International Trade
- Strategic Development on Angelina Face Wash