If you’re applying for a scholarship, chances are you are going to need to write an essay. There are many students who deserve the best education but the financial crisis stops them from getting a good education. Very few scholarship programs are based solely on an application form or transcript. In such a scenario, students can ask for a scholarship by writing a scholarship letter. Getting a scholarship is like a blessing to such people who can fulfill their wish of getting a quality education. The increasing cost of education in recent years has enhanced the importance of scholarship.
In such a letter, you should show your interest and passion for education. you can also mention your previous credentials. when you are applying for the scholarship to the university or a college, they should feel confident about your higher study goals. The scholarship letter can be written in different scenarios like:
- Writing in order to request for the fee renunciation
- Writing in order to reply against the request
- Writing related to the exception or rejection of scholarship
- Writing thank you note after availing a scholarship
If the letter is related to the scholarship acceptance, then it is important to add an answer to this mentioned question. Mention the criteria on the basis of which the scholarship has been accepted. A list of documents that are to be submitted is also included in such a scholarship acceptance letter.
In the case of the scholarship rejection letter, it is important for the writer to mention the clear reason behind rejecting the request. It is important to make use of friendly language and convincing tone in such a scholarship rejection letter. Don’t try to add any kind of blunt statement in such a letter.
When you earn the scholarship from any donor, then it is important for you to write a thank you scholarship letter. Show your gratitude for the donor and be thankful to him or her for offering financial assistance.
It is suggested to use a positive tone and end the scholarship letter on a soft note.
Tips for Writing Effective Scholarship Essays
- Think about what you are going to write and organize your thoughts before you start writing.
- Make sure your outline touches on every aspect required per the instructions.
- Write your letter by elaborating on each of the points in your outline.
- Use clear, concise and simple language throughout the letter.
- State your accomplishments without coming across as if you are bragging.
- Make sure your grammar and spelling are impeccable.
- Read the question again and then read your letter to be certain that the essay addresses every point.