To enjoy a quality life wellness of a person is very crucial. Wellness directly affects a person’s action and reaction towards a situation and those actions will eventually affect the health. Thus, it is an ongoing continuous process. A healthy body prevents many diseases and that can help a person to have his independence even as he ages. Health is broadly divided into two types: physical health and mental health. Although there are other dimensions also in which health is classified such as social, emotional, environmental, spiritual and intellectual health. There is a specific definition given by WHO (World Health Organization) in its 1948 constitution, about health and that is, “It is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Health is related to the overall well-being of an individual that includes physical, mental and social wellness. We often go to the doctor for physical health issues and get tests done for physical health. However, we ignore mental health and seldom visit mental health professional though it is equally important. Physical health and mental health are interconnected and affect each other.
To achieve good health, one must have a healthy diet, exercise regularly, take adequate rest and ensure stress management. Following are few tips summarized in a manageable way to help one get good health:
- One should always try to think positively and focus on gratitude.
- There should be lots of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits included in one’s diet.
- Exercise daily at least for 15 minutes. This will help normalizing blood pressure, lowering cholesterol, combating obesity and offer many other health benefits.
- Get a proper good night’s sleep.
- One should prefer proper food instead of supplements.
- Give yourself a break at various intervals as you work through the day.
- Surround yourself with healthier people who can motivate you to be healthy.
- Make a list of the activities you want to do in the process of being healthy and check it twice. This will also help you get better mental health.
In 1968, WHO further clarified about health by giving another definition: “A resource for everyday life, not the objective of living. Health is a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities.”
Neglecting physical or mental health can adversely affect the overall well-being of a person. So, it is vital to adopt a healthy lifestyle for good mental and physical health. The key aspects of a healthy lifestyle include eating a well-balanced diet, regular exercise, drinking plenty of water, taking proper rest, having a positive attitude towards life, developing healthy relationships, and always being happy and cheerful.
- Durmitor National Park, Montenegro
- Puppies are Born Ready to Interact with Humans, Very Important Study Finds
- Beryllium – a Chemical Element
- Review about Sony Digital Paper Tablet
- Annual Report 2016-2017 of Greaves Cotton Limited
- Annual Report 2011 of Titas Gas Transmission and Distribution Company Limited