Hello and welcome to Daily Crunch for August-August 2021. We arrived on Friday. Hi-Five all around, if you own stocks or Crypto prices, you’re wrapping up the week to a height. Crypto prices are rising while some indicators are hitting records. Before we get to the news, don’t forget that TechCrunch is launching another newsletter! The first edition of this week on our own Sarah Perez’s apps launched on Saturday morning and it’s a place to greet all your apps.
- What to expect from Samsung’s next hardware event: Samsung’s upcoming unpacked event may well be packed. We can see a new Galaxy Fold phone, a new watch, and wearable things from the Google Partnership and much more. TechCrunch will bring this event to August 11th, so stay tuned to the site for more information.
- SpaceX builds a 400-foot rocket: If you’re worried that childish jokes about billionaire rockets will run out, don’t be afraid: SpaceX has stacked its Starship vehicle on top of a super heavy booster. That means a very long rocket which is a lot of oomph. This is the first time Starship and Super Heavy have come together.
- 500 Startups Support Carta for Africa: Carta is an important part of the US startup technology stack, helping to keep cap tables and stocks in the right order. Something similar will be needed as the African startup scene expands. And Rice is building it. Initially, most startup equities on the continent are still tracked with paper. It is time for change.
- DesignOps is the new DevOps: this is our zeroheight and its new $ 10 million series round. The startup does for UX what DevOps platforms like GitHub do for building and shipping codes, providing a central place to document and manage UX components,” CEO Jerome de Lafarge told TechCrunch.
- Card Issued APIs Coming to Africa: Thanks to the first Zambian company to enter the Y Combinator, I would like to add soon. The startup in question, Union 54, first launched a neobank in 2015 called Zazu. But it found the place to issue the card so punitively that it took on that problem, re-branding along the way. Card issuers are a large market in the United States and Latin America. Let’s see how it works in the startup space on a new continent.
- CE Tauri – a Red Supergiant Star
- New Possibilities for Precision Cosmology open up by Twin Supernovae
- “Perhaps they are everywhere?” Physicist Claims Alien Messages could be Hidden in the Stars
- Moon has been Completely Mapped and Uniformly Classified
- HR 4729 – a Hot Blue Star located in the Crux Constellation
- VY Canis Majoris – a Red Hypergiant Star in the Constellation Canis Major