Windows is an application that can run on the Windows platform. Graphical user interface forma can be created using this. You can easily design a web application using an IDE Microsoft Visual Studio using a variety of languages including C#, Visual Basic, C++, J#, and many more. You need an Internet Information Services (IIS) server to run the web application.
A web application is an application that runs on a web browser making use of a web server. ASP.NET helps in building a wide variety of web applications from a traditional website that serves HTML pages to a high-end business application that runs on the Internet. It makes use of is Microsoft IIS configuration i.e., Internet Information Services (in developing web applications). Windows application can directly be executed on a Windows operating system.
The main difference between a web app and a windows app is windows application gets installed on windows based application and where a web application installed on a web server.
The first and the foremost difference between Windows and Web Application, Windows application gets installed on a Windows-based operating system whereas the web application is installed on a web server.
Difference between Windows and Web Application
- Windows Application is a user builds an application that can run on a Windows platform.
- Windows forms provide a variety of applications like text boxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, and other tools.
- The windows application has a graphical user interface that is provided by Windows Forms. Windows forms provide a variety of controls including Button, TextBox, Radio Button, CheckBox, and other data and connection controls.
- Windows application can only be accessed from a system in which it is installed.
- Windows applications can only be run on a windows platform.
- Examples: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady, Adobe Photoshop, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint
- It is a type of application that runs on a browser using a Web server configured with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- The web-based application is a type of application that runs on a web server configured with Microsoft internet information services (IIS).
- In .NET, all web applications are built around ASP.NET, which is nothing but a part of the .NET platform and includes design-time objects and controls and a run-time execution context.
- A web application can be accessed from any system through the internet.
- Web Applications can run on a variety of platforms including Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, Android, etc.
- Examples: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
- Get PlayStation Plus 10 Courses on Unity Game Development for $70
- Studies that are Exciting but Less Likely to be True are Cited More Often in Academia
- Sounding Off: Not All Tech Fads have a Place in Travel
- This Week in Apps: Spotify Debuts a Clubhouse Rival, Facebook Tests Audio Rooms in US, Amazon Cuts Appstore Commissions
- Developmental robotics
- Review about HP’s Spectre x2